Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
 Post subject: Re: WWIII
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:24 pm 

US - my apologise's!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:27 pm 

Brown Dawn wrote:'[US]intelligence' propaganda type thing is nonsense in my opinion -i'd be surprised if you believed that nonsense -carte blanche murder card - a breeding ground

...end quote...

I'm not sure which 'US propaganda type thing' you are referring to, Brown Dawn (?)

I'm generally pretty adroit at picking up on propaganda

Edit:

In my previous post:

US intelligence helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party take power for the first time in 1963. Evidence suggests that Saddam was on the CIA payroll as early as 1959*, when he participated in a failed assassination attempt against Iraqi nationalist Army brigadier Abd al-Karim Qassem, who had seized power in a 1958 coup d'état, whereby the Iraqi monarchy was overthrown.

*this would point to knowledge of, and involvement by, brothers Allen and John Foster Dulles, CIA director and U. S. Secretary of State at the time, respectively ~ both of whom were the architects of violent campaigns against foreign leaders whom they believed to be threats to the United States.

If you're referring to the above, it certainly is not propaganda; it is solid, irrefutable fact that has been historically documented. The Dulles brothers both did, without question, believe their cause was just. I never said I agreed with it as being a 'just cause'. In fact quite the opposite; I believe the U.S., UK, Ireland, etc. - take your pick - should stay out of the internal affairs of other countries unless asked by their people for help. No government has the right to interfere in the internal affairs of another nation.

Edit #2:

I would point out that in any instance of outside intervention, whether in the form of assistance requested by that nation and/or its people, or otherwise, there will always be disparate factions within that nation which oppose such intervention in addition to those which may welcome it - generally speaking.

Last edited by vikmarlo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:46 pm 

on the run Vik - hope all is well! - gotta do roadie for me children tonight! - whelan's pub dublin - they gotta - i would mention n#man schwarekofe as regard's that sh#t!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm 

Cheers Brown Dawn ~ hope you're well and your evening enjoyable!

I must be off to task as well;

I will only add that the digression at hand does not apply, IMO, to the North Korea crisis. Kim J. openly threatened the people of South Korea, Japan, and the U.S. ~ which made it the U.S./allies' business to become involved. The U.N., including China, also recognises it is their concern as well. The history of the Korean peninsula sheds much light, though it's relevance is diminished by clear and present nuclear threat.

[ If ] North Korea [were] willing to give up its nukes [should] the U.S. send it's naval armada back to base, then great ~ though I would not expect to see South Korea dismantle THAAD just yet. Every nation has the right to defend itself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 pm 

I have to say; I'll be cutting my own hands off (so to speak) & treading on a few other folks toes here by making this next comment. Yet I feel it needs to be addressed.
Those of us who engage in these types of online conversations are the ones living in the most fear !
I truly believe this & am not out to wind anyone up.
It's noticebale that you can have these types of debates ie: WW3, Nuklear destruction etc etc around the dinner table, camp fire or at the pub & it's the face to face human interaction that makes it engaging.
On forums like this & Twitter etc, it just comes across as venting spleen & getting things off of our chest or a reason to post a link to something nobody asked for.
It does not move anything forward & can leave one deeply frustrated.
Basically it's not a real conversation is it. So what is the point ?
Could it be narcissism. Knowing that there are tens of thousands of views, yet only around the same average number of ten contributors posting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 pm 

WWB - war bond's Vik - bit of a crowd here for the gig!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:11 pm 

Brown Dawn wrote:WWB - war bond's Vik - bit of a crowd here for the gig!

...end quote...

good turnout is top, Brown Dawn !
hope it's a boon :-)

re:
I'm well aware of the economics of war, I imagine that the Dulles equated domestic economic interests with national security ~ so the wheel turns.

smugdruggler wrote:I have to say; I'll be cutting my own hands off (so to speak) & treading on a few other folks toes here by making this next comment. Yet I feel it needs to be addressed.
Those of us who engage in these types of online conversations are the ones living in the most fear !
I truly believe this & am not out to wind anyone up.
It's noticebale that you can have these types of debates ie: WW3, Nuklear destruction etc etc around the dinner table, camp fire or at the pub & it's the face to face human interaction that makes it engaging.
On forums like this & Twitter etc, it just comes across as venting spleen & getting things off of our chest or a reason to post a link to something nobody asked for.
It does not move anything forward & can leave one deeply frustrated.
Basically it's not a real conversation is it. So what is the point ?
Could it be narcissism. Knowing that there are tens of thousands of views, yet only around the same average number of ten contributors posting.

...end quote...

Hi Smugdruggler

Some of us may not be 'the most fearful' , as you suggest, but rather simply believe that the free exchange of ideas is healthy.  

Intellectual freedom encompasses an integral component of each individual's right to explore and consider ideas and information as the cornerstone for self-governance, the foundation of which is a well-informed citizenry.

It might be narcissistic, or it might just be that in a society in which too few seem to care about participating in civic duty, there are individuals who  still hold out hope that it is not yet too late to oppose things like book censorship or the advocacy of rigid obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom.

As you did correctly point out, there are at the moment only a small number of regular contributors on this site, and that in of itself curtails a forward-moving discussion in many instances.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm 

I find reading other peoples opinions enlightening, entertaining and sometimes educational.
I've noticed we all pick up different snippets of news from our home areas.
The propaganda varies from different sectors also.
Please don't change a thing Vik and hawkforum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 pm 

nicely said VG - succinct - i'll leave this thread for a while - finger's crossed for 'the stuff'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm 

offering an article in UPI today, as a sobering prospectus of options, realistic stratagem, which inevitably shines blinding light on the ( sorrowful) state of world affairs ~ and yet reaches for the most optimistic consideration possible in this scenario.

By M.D. Nalapat
April 19, 2017 at 10:43 AM

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Voices/2017 ... 1492614998

Can't help but see it a calculated blueprint for blackmail/immunity ~
but then, it is what it is

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 pm 

apologies ~ was a quick post earlier, and I missed spotting your comments,

I would certainly not wish to see admin step in and put a clamp on what we are allowed to discuss;
I know that previously Davemod seemed to 'hint' that politics is vaguely frowned upon, at least in his view (as interpreted by me ) but I believe that to have been in the context of a specific problem they were having at the time, and we've certainly been afforded great liberties here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business