Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: WWIII
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:52 am 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
"since 1945" What? A quarter to eight p.m.?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:01 pm 

or a possible mathematical 4 significant figure approximation as regards to what i might just invest in arthur guinness' potion this afternoon as a precursor to a raving hot thai curry and golllfff!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 pm 

As someone who remembers the 'terrorism' of the 70s, I found this article interesting and it reinforces my thinking in recent years. These figures would seem to bear out the fact that the real change in recent decades is in the ease with which 'terror' is spread with amazing speed and global reach by information technology and the rise of social media. It is so much easier for this 'terror' to spread and change peoples perception of how safe the world they live in is. But are things actually worse?

"From Eta to Stockholm: Is terror more of a threat to Europe than before?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39540371

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:55 am 

indeed Steam - pity the likes of bloody sunday and the dublin bombings - may '74 - are being wiped off human consciousness for the most part - a more balanced debate is required

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am 

another slow day at the office

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am 

looks like another BBC anti Brexit propaganda release to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:12 am 

Russia now engaging in provocations :

from UPI :

Japan's jets deployed in response to Russian bombers

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... m_medium=1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:33 am 

^ NK warns of "catastrophic consequences" in response to recent US naval deployment.
Call it sabre rattling if you will.
I find these situations un-nerving.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:42 am 

Gorbachev recently stated "the world is preparing for war "

unnerving is an understatement.

Now, Putin's government - backer of mass-Butcher Assad - along with our trusted friends the Iranian government, are calling for an investigation into the chemical attack that prompted the U.S. tomahawk response.

Interesting, isn't it (?), that the chemical attack which occurred on April 5th is only now, here on April 14th, become an incident for which Putin, Assad, and the government of Iran are "demanding an investigation " ?

Not a word from any of the "infamous three" until AFTER the U.S. responds !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:19 am 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/17/china-russia-dispatch-ships-shadow-donald-trumps-armada-approaches/

Russian and Chinese navy's shadow US aircraft carrier as it heads towards East China Sea.
One tiny error by either side could instigate war.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:36 pm 

One tiny error by either side could instigate war.

very true, and I don't think it would even necessarily have to be an error on the part of South Korea's allies, per se, that might instigate a DPRK first strike.
Kim Jejune has [voiced] some very bizarre interpretations of what qualifies in his mind as "provocations by the U.S." ~ one example is the U.S. taking steps to defend South Korea as a precautionary measure.

I can understand why Kim Jejune is paranoid about the U. S.~ look what happened to the last rogue dictator who slaughtered his people with impunity within his own nation (referring to Sadaam Hussein)

The leaders of China and Putin's government are as much at fault for this situation as North Korea is.
They are the ones that always had the power to pressure Kim in the past but failed to adequately do so.

Under no circumstances do I believe the U.S. should take preemptive action in the form of military attack ~ it should be possible to quarantine North Korea and cut off all trade going in and out; no travel in or out of DPRK by any one other than chaperoned diplomats.

If Trump wants to build a wall he should start building a wall around DPRK that is impenetrable and then sit back and wait for a phone call from Kim Jung Un, asking for talks.

Of course there are possibly insurmountable political challenges to doing this, but any reasoning individual is capable of asking them self : what is it about Putin that he does not see it in his country's interest to put greater pressure on KJu?

Edit:

The citizens of the U.S. should not remain silent if and when anytime the executive branch of the U.S. government takes [war] action without congressional approval ~ it is a violation of the Constitution.

The only way democracy works is if everyone participates.

If congress does not challenge the executive branch's overstepping it's authority under the law, then it is up to the citizens, the judicial branch of government, and the U.S. military to replace the members of the legislative and executive branches under the articles of treason.

Last edited by vikmarlo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:24 pm 

Interesting development one hour ago from United Press International :

Chinese analyst says North Korea missiles are mockups

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... 492454109/

excerpt :

"....... Yang Chengjun, a retired senior colonel and Chinese military expert, said North Korea does not yet have the technology to guarantee a successful launch.

Yang also said it was the shapes of the missiles at the commemorative event that caught his eye.......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm 

saddam was a butcher for sure - put in by the US for their own end's for oil and power and deciding they didn't like khomeni - many women got raped by US soldier's in these 'campaign's' - let people fight their own war's - i notice may called a general election - u turn - let me take 3 guess's at trump's media reaction! - warmonger as I've said - seem's to me brexit might be going down the tubes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:30 pm 

US intelligence helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party take power for the first time in 1963. Evidence suggests that Saddam was on the CIA payroll as early as 1959*, when he participated in a failed assassination attempt against Iraqi nationalist Army brigadier Abd al-Karim Qassem, who had seized power in a 1958 coup d'état, whereby the Iraqi monarchy was overthrown.

*this would point to knowledge of, and involvement by, brothers Allen and John Foster Dulles, CIA director and U. S. Secretary of State at the time, respectively ~ both of whom were the architects of violent campaigns against foreign leaders whom they believed to be threats to the United States.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:23 pm 

'UK intelligence' propaganda type thing is nonsense in my opinion -i'd be surprised if you believed that nonsense -carte blanche murder card - a breeding ground

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business