Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: William Tompkins -- UFO disclosure
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:23 am 

I'll go with the "full of ********" option, after reading up on one of his books on Amazon. It sounded utterly absurd. One reviewer even suggested he was giving ufologists a bad name.

I don't buy the idea that this stuff has to be debunked. As Carl Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I don't believe he was close minded. After all, he co-founded SETI and thought that the idea of extraterrestrial life was very likely. He also pointed out that the idea of aliens visiting constantly is very anthropocentric.

When some evidence comes along that isn't grainy blurry footage on a youtube video or it might be worth paying attention to.

I.e when someone more like a Scully rather than a Mulder is saying we might have something here...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:07 am 

a good and fair point ..
i read some amazon reviews of his book too ..

so far i've listened to about 6 hours worth of the radio interviews ..
as yet iv'e not exactly heard anything new that i havn't heard . read or watched over the last 22 years..
ie .. reptilions - nordics - underground bases/cities - (on the moon + mars) - solar warden - nazi ufo technology - ARV'S / ET craft .. antarctica - HARRP chemtrails etc etc etc ..

however what i do find interesting is that for an old guy (90+) he keeps the same story and don't seem to falter or trip himself up ..

plus he says he was specifically told to give all this info out from a top admiral as to get it into the public and out of the black (as it were)

am i convinced that he is the real deal?

well i'm still out on that one ..

yes its interesting to listen to .. and yes it sounds so far fetched in places ie . he seems to know about everything when questioned about other related topics.. also he supposably designed 4km spacships that were built underground and sent up in the 80's ..
its all crazy stuff ..

but as i say again .. i have had 12 good ufo sightings since 1994 .. infact only last night i saw another star brighten up and go upwards and seeming out of the atmosphere..
and have witnessed a flying saucer craft back in 1999

so how can i possibly not know that this technology does exist..
and that youtube link i dropped shows a real object in space do a 180 dergree turn

there is loads of footage like that ...
mostly due to martyn stubbs (check his youtube channel), who was recording the nasa live feed from back in the days when they had a 24hr live feed
also remember that it was back in the days of VHS .. so yes footage varies in quality

Last edited by johnb on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:42 am 

probability has it there are alien spaceships flying all over the vast cosmos. To argue against that is to argue for the vastly improbable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:32 pm 

maybe so - but using the laws of probability and statistics plus scientific observation would indicate otherwise - i think we're on our own!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:56 pm 

I think you need to get out more, Brown Dawn ! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:51 pm 

indeed - heehee! - the probability sample space only contains the where within!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:33 am 

so i'm into the 15th hour of listening and basically the main chunk of info is in the first 3 hours .. so it's now just repitision of the same story with added snippets of info here and there ..

and to be honest i'm still not sure what to make of it ..
it seems to be a mixture of fact .. and then the unbelievable..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:46 am 

Well kudos to you for persisting with it for that long. :wink: I think I'm with smuggdruggler, I'd rather hear personal accounts of sightings than watch youtube videos.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:02 pm 
Re. the possibility of alien spaceships flying around somewhere......

It is quite OK to withhold belief in something until it is *proven*. If you have belief without evidence, that's faith, and that's how religions work. We are all aware we're going to die. There is no evidence of any afterlife. Some people cling onto a liferaft of religion and walk around quite happy that their *belief*, which they treat as being *proof*, ensures them life eternal in paradise. These people don't ask awkward questions like, "Where was god during the Holocaust ?" - to quote Simon Weisenthal. In fact, there's a whole theology to explain what God was up to at the time by people who are still *desperate* to believe in him, rather than to turn around and say "Probably not there."

Back to alien spaceships.

It's OK as well to say "Last Thursday, I saw this unusual light in the sky which suddenly shot off, whoosh. Could have been a reflection, could have been a weather balloon, a satellite, I just don't know, but we'll call it an unidentified flying object". Because that's what it is.

To then conflate that (lack of evidence) into "It was a flying saucer from another planet" is just logically wrong and smacks of *wanting to believe*.

We don't, as a race, have a spaceship or the technology to build anything like that. It may, in fact, be utterly impossible for anyone, anywhere, ever, to create any vessel which is capable of interstellar travel. There are certain aspects of physics (ie. science) which cannot be overcome, and one is the speed of light. Quoting "gravitic lensing" or any other Star Trek explanation is *not* science. It's pseudo science and trying to conjure something into existence to prove a *belief* you hold which may not be true. Same principle.... as religion. Belief without evidence. Faith.

Even if it were possible to reach the speed of light or even a tenth of light speed, the distances are enormous. If you look up at the night sky... see the Plough ? The stars in that are between 80 and 100 light years away, roughly. That's fairly close in cosmic terms. 160 to 200 years for a round trip *at* the speed of light.

UFO believers, like religious nutters, then say oh, well, the aliens must be able to travel faster than light or live in suspended animation or use gravitic lensing.

This is like saying I'd like to believe there's life after death, so I'll invent an afterlife, a religion etc etc. It is the realm of science *fiction* and not *science*.

In the Victorian era, belief in fairies was reasonably popular and there are a number of cases of fake photos which fooled those who wanted to believe in them.

I cannot imagine that any alien race could take the trouble to come all this distance and then not make contact. Saying "it's a cover up at Government level" is just.... a theory made up to support a lack of evidence, to which see above.

We live in an age where everyone has a camera in their phone. We also live in an age where everything will show up on radar. No signals from Outer Space in 70 years (two utterly dubious ones, never repeated, see the WOW incident) - not one unexplained radar phenomenon, not one piece of metal, not one bolt or nut or window sticker off a UFO, not even a single hair off an alien's head.

Somewhere out there IS intelligent life, see the stats. With the possible distance it could be at, whole civilisations could rise and fall before they sent us a message and we replied. If we could only find them. 70 years of searching says we cannot.

I find it hard to believe that they pop around when we're not looking and slice moo cows up. I mean, 200 year round trip to remove a cow's pancreas ? Really ?????

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:01 pm 

i always keep a screwdriver, three in one oil, and me bus fare in the bag/pocket - just in case the tardis doesn't work!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:40 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 am 

haha! - jon was good too! - just greasing up me silver machine!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:09 pm 

I was driving to work in Toronto at 5:00am one morning when a goblet of fire streaked
through the sky at a right angle to the highway and disappeared into Lake Ontario.
It was winter time 2006 and the young native workmate in the passenger seat of the
company truck got spooked since he thought it was a ufo.
It was similar to the meteorite in the picture above but with a longer, whiter tail.
The thing looked just as big as the Chevy pickup we were in, and seemed to be a couple
of hundred feet above the ground. (A visual deception no doubt).
What a beautiful experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:00 am 

must have been ethereal VG - remind's me of my jurassic phallic symbolism - heehee!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm 

The memory of that image will be etched in my mind until I die.
It added another player to the giant crap shoot of life and reminded me of the countless
variables we are exposed too on a daily basis.
Both lovely and ominous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business