Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10691 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 713  Next
 Post subject: What's on your stereo, man?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:36 pm 

Thanks for asking, mate.

Most recently, Abducted and Implant by Eat Static, which I hadn't heard in years. Absolutely amazing, even in the spare room on half a pint of cider rather than off my face in a field in the middle of nowhere.

Last night, Rite and Rite 2 by Julian Cope, which arrived on Saturday along with some other Copey stuff. Just as good as I'd heard.

Oz (formerly Nizzy but I had to reregister).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 pm 

Right this second, Kraan - Wiederhoren. Weird German jazzy / rocky kinda stuff. Strange, but good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:19 pm 

Avante wrote:Right this second, Kraan - Wiederhoren. Weird German jazzy / rocky kinda stuff. Strange, but good.

Wow - I used to work with a guy who had reviewed LPs for the Daily Record in the 70s. He had loads of promos lying about the house and brought in a Kraan live one for me as I'd been talking about Can, Amon Duul etc.
I don't remember much about it other than there was loads of sax on it and a song called Andy Nogger, Superhero or something. :lol:
They obviously weren't considered cool enough to include in Cope's book (although a lot of the stuff he recommends, including the Cosmic Jokers and Guru Guru albums I bought were crap). Bah, stupid personal heroes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:55 pm 

Yes you're quite right. The album would have been Live 1974 and the song is called just Andy Nogger. Apparantly it's a stab at mass consumerism. I discovered them after a spell in Germany where they are obviously much better known. Have to disagree with you about Guru Guru though, I think at times they are fantastic and to see them live, especially at a festival is one hell of an experience. If you get the chance have a listen to Kanguru, 2000 Gurus or Wah Wah, or even better, if you have 30 quid you don't know what to do with, then grab a copy of the triple live set 30 Jahre Live. I think that will change your mind. Think I'll get even stranger now and put on some Faust. :D :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:58 pm 

In the car, we have Goldblade - "Rebel Songs" John Robb (ex Membranes) fronting this brilliant punk rock band
In the Kitchen we have Jim Murple Memorial - "Play The Roots"
Astoundingly wonderful jamaican R&B band from France, there's Blues, Jazz, Easy Listening, Jamaican R&B, Mento, Ska, Reggae, Rocksteady and all kinds of wonderfulness played low-fi in there.
on the big stereo (which is off right now because coronation street is on :roll: ) is Dropkick Murphys - "Sing Loud, Sing Proud" Brilliant, just f-ing brilliant Punk/Irish/Rock band from Boston Mass, the home of so many of my fave bands

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:44 am 

Right now I'm listening to "Solar Music Berlin" on disc 1 of the Grobschnitt release "The International Story." This is the best version of that song ever released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:18 pm 

Zeichnungen des Patienten OT - Einsturzende Neubauten

www.myspace.com/itsorgone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:32 am 

Avante wrote:Yes you're quite right. The album would have been Live 1974 and the song is called just Andy Nogger. Apparantly it's a stab at mass consumerism. I discovered them after a spell in Germany where they are obviously much better known. Have to disagree with you about Guru Guru though, I think at times they are fantastic and to see them live, especially at a festival is one hell of an experience. If you get the chance have a listen to Kanguru, 2000 Gurus or Wah Wah, or even better, if you have 30 quid you don't know what to do with, then grab a copy of the triple live set 30 Jahre Live. I think that will change your mind. Think I'll get even stranger now and put on some Faust. :D :shock:

Cheers, mate. I've only heard the first album which Cope raved about and was just really disappointed. Same with Electronic Meditation. Maybe they need another chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:04 pm 

Electronic Meditation - Tangerine Dream - ? Yeah, give it another chance. ... Great album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:36 pm 

"Just listen, just listen, just listen to these words that i'm telling you"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:10 pm 

Ive got Giant root attack playing through my computer, and I think i might watch the pongmasters ball on dvd later :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:47 am 

http://lost-in-tyme.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... ntasy.html

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:02 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
The Doctor Spacetoad Experience - a most strange blend of space rock, narration, humour and wierdness (with special guest Captain Sensible).

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:27 pm 

An old 'Sheep on Drugs' cassette. Shortly is going to be Shpongle....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:12 pm 

Millenium - The Godz

www.myspace.com/itsorgone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10691 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 713  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business