Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: What gonna be on your stereo soon, man?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:38 pm 

Post subject: Re: What gonna be on your stereo soon, man?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:42 pm 

I haven't heard that for years! Back in the 80s, my mate had it and we used to listen to it regularly. I really liked the title track.

Didn't they used to call this stuff 'Symphonic Rock' as opposed to 'Progressive Rock'? I've never quite understood the ever-growing list of different 'genres'.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire

Glam rock with menace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 pm 

Hmm; Considering side two of 'Breaking Glass' - Played side one last week for the first time in years & only then noticed that Tony Visconti played a leading part in the making of that film soundtrack. Great movie of it's time that was.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 am 

Something is here and there always. But now I am thinkin that on New Year eve will be some realy dangerous stuff on stereo, good food, good wine and beers, few cigarettes... will be with family and some friends. I have aprox in my head what music will be, we will start with few 45's like: Jefferson Airplane, Mick Farren, Ten Years After, The Rings, Pink Fairies...you know after few glasses when vibe starts. Than albums something like Robert Calvert captain..., The Head Cat, Warsaw Pakt, Pankrti, Disciplin a Kitchme, Majke, etc.... and highlight of the night Motorhead of course some live album or two. Than we will finish with stuff like Twink "Think Pink 2", Sam Gopal, some Flower Power compilation or Hawkwind....

I know it will be something like that. What else? :)

If we get to stoned, maybe we end with blues in 4 am, Hooker or Lightnin Hopkins or something with cofee in our hands and if we are lucky, sky is clear, sunrise we will see too. Than go to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 pm 

Double Lp, 70 and some minutes. It's on the way to me. 'kill em and eat em' tour, everyone is here except Paul Rudolph, instead its Andy. Line up: Larry wallis, twink, russel hunter, duncan sanderson, andy colquhoun.
Label: Let them eat vinyl (same label which released Distant Horizons)
track list:
1. Raceway
2 Street Urchin
3 Waiting For The Lightnin' To Strike
4 When's The Fun Begin
5 The Snake
6 Do It
7 Takin' L.S.D
8 White Girls On Amphetamine
9 Seeing Double
10 As Long As The Price Is Right
11 Waiting For The Ice Cream To Melt
12 Police Car
13 City Kids
14 Walk Don't Run

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:35 pm 

^ Nice, Black Adder! ^
I almost bought that on CD last year when I was in Michigan. Presumably the same material as the title and artwork are identical.
I may still track down a copy when I get back to civilisation in the spring.

Looks like you got a very cool artifact there!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:02 am 

O yes Vik, I cant wait :)

Now im going to sleep, we had nice party, from 8 pm until now its 9 am and ***** :) A lot of high quality beers and food. Set list if I remember right tonight was:

And we finished with this:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm 

just bumped into moonglum recently - great friend to have!

Post subject: BLACKSTAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 am 

WIN_20170713_21_02_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170713_21_02_16_Pro.jpg [ 71.24 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 pm 

New album Disciplin a kitschme (aka Disciplina kičme)
Song 'zaboravili rnr' (they forgot to rnr)

Lyrics

Zaboravili rnr i otišli u shopping mall x4 (they forgot to rnr and they go to shopping mall)

Oprostiti im želim jer ne znaju šta rade, oprostiti im želim ja verujem da ima nade (I want to forgive them because they dont know what they are doing, I want to forgive them because I believe there is hope)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWOBBp2J3E0

Small explanation for lyrics;

Here in former yugoslavia urban people who listened good music hanged out in clubs, concerts, reading good books, watching good movies and all (like monthy python) intelectual stuff. In 90's first shopping malls started to work here and all primitive consumerism, bad music like beiber or britney came here, all primitive stuff. All bad thing from capitalist world not good thing. People were stop reading books, listen good music, they dont understand monthy python humor etc.... fall of society and culture (probobly one of the reasons was civil war too). So like Mick Farren, these bands what I listen like to criticize people, to remind people... Shoping mall is just one metaphor for bad taste or meaningles people or society. These urban people always insist on quality, education, good taste etc...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:23 am 

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm 

smugdruggler wrote:ImageImage

Saw them last week (minus Hugh and Jet) at the Godiva festival in Coventry. Very good - like the new singer and they played Grip but not London Lady which I was hoping. Saw a Hawkwind Earth ritual T Shirt in the crowd too (and someone wearing a Carnaby Topper who I'm sure I've seen at some HW gigs).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 pm 

Ok. Now, I have 4 new records which I will listen. I had little bit rough time yesterday, my little daughter ended in hospital. She had indigestion here and there almost a week and yesterday high temeperature and fever started. We managed from morning til evening to control it and even it looks like it will be fine, we gave her cure against temperature, showers, cold towel on her etc.... but at 10:30pm temperature started to raise fast, at 40C, she started to get convulsions and it look realy bad, almost faint, shaking etc.... of course we emedietly called 194 (911) and they came in 10min, it was like 10 years. We put her on side so she couldnt suffocate etc... Then they came and gave her against temperature and attack something and she come around in next 10 min.... Talks, tests, dont want right all here its to long what they did to her, but it seems she got some kind of nasty virus which children have offen, symptoms: high temperature, diarrhea etc.... after all test it seems she dont have nothing serious it is this nasty virus infection thing. She is 14 months old so for her this is real kick. However, now she is in hospital with my wife, tired but she doesnt have nothing like this atack any more, they think it is this infection and they will monitor her few days to see what will happen, because of this high temperature attack what happened. It seems she under control now. But the most frightening thing were when she started to faint, try to get some air, shaking and convulsions.. I had a feeling that she is dying or something, look at her eyes and you see empy look like she is not here if you know what I mean. That was little bit panic situation. Doctor told us that this looks ugly but it is not THAT dangerous, he said we must have some medicine which you put in her ass against high temperature and something for attack and call 911 and wait that all that pass, there is nothing else what you can do he said, thats what medical team from 911 did too. So, we will be in little bit less panic next time but I hope it will not be next time :) They did all kind of test from infection to maybe some other neurology sickness I wdont want to bothoer you with that it seems all fine.

So be careful if you have child about this high temperature thing it can be realy nasty thing.

Then I remember now, they think that it is Rotavirus.

Back to the topic;

So in this past few days I got new double Lp new album from Disciplin A Kitschme, I got first UK LP Hawklords '25 years on', I got LP Hawkwind 'Repeat Performance' first UK release, and LP Hawkwind 'In Search Of Space' re-release Fame from 1987. So I had in plan to listen this 4 records tomorrow, and now when it seems it will be all fine with the kid, now I think I could take tomorrow few pints of beers and enjoy in these 4 records.

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business