Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: Vape
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:29 am 
Actually....
Nicotine is no more poisonous than oxygen.

Your brain uses acetycholine as a neurotransmitter. The nicotine molecule mimics acetylcholine. It's been found that smokers are less likely to suffer from Parkinsons' disease - no one knows why.

Poisonous, well, yes. In massive concentrations, nicotine is very nasty, as it effectively gooses your neurotransmitter system. This is not recommended, but very difficult to actually achieve. Remember, oxygen is poisonous at high concentrations.

Graham is partially right that some e-cig batteries can explode. Next time a Tesla drives past you, duck and cover, folks, as the motor is driven by between 6,500 and 8,000 of the same batteries. Usually, there's an explosion caused by some idiot using the wrong charger or shorting the battery to earth.

It's the same logic as saying "One gallon of petrol has the equivalent explosive power of a stick of dynamite". There are very few batteries going pop, but I bet the Daily Mail has reported on each and every one of them.

I make my own e-liquid, £30 lasts me a month, at least. So I can spend my money on more interesting things.

The one GREAT thing about e-cigarettes is that they stop you smoking tobacco. You get the nicotine hit, but you don't get 4,000 carcinogens as well. That doesn't just benefit non smokers, it means friends and family don't get exposed to carincogenic chemicals, so if you truly love Auntie Doris, buy her an e-cig and make her put her 40 Woodbines a day in the bin.

However. The one thing I have against e-cigs is twunts blowing the vapour in my face or vaping where they shouldn't. But there are idiots everywhere. Contrast and compare to drunks.

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business