Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trademark case news
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:38 am 

What a relief to say the least !!! Thank goodness all is right in the world !!!!! I'll be playing the new cd loud and proud tomorrow, a cd I've grown very fond of by the way. So sad it came to this, such needless stress and strife. ONWARD !!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:12 am 

Too bad many of Dave's supporters are no longer with us. This fell into Cleopatra's hands of course.
Huw's guitar wails out tonight in victory.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am 

wooohooo! - thankfully justice has been done - incredible stuff - just heard - so happy for Dave and Kris - well done! - long live Hawkwind!- great news - it's a pleasure to be on board! - next album?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:37 am 

Good news, thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 am 

Congratulations - we have seen some horrific consequences of greed and selfishness over the past year in the UK and beyond. The legal system has in this case worked well and stopped the theft of what Dave Brocks has built over the years from hard work and talent. Let’s also hope it sets a president for other promoters who think it is OK to steel rights and intellectual property from other artists.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:35 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Absolutely brilliant news! Common sense and moral justice prevailed. So pleased for Dave and all on the good ship Hawkwind. The footprints in the sands of time are the right ones!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 pm 

Great news - should never have got this far in the first place. The greed of some people who care not that their actions cause ill-health and stress in others. Congratulations to Dave and Kris we all knew who were the real Hawkwind. Eternal shame on HWSMBN and Cleopatra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 pm 

Fantastic news!

Good on you Dave, Kris and anyone else involved for seeing this through and ensuring justice prevailed.
Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:59 pm 

Fabulous news, great outcome ......... guess the elephant in the room now is 'will Hawkwind revisit the US for gigs ?!!!' Guess the dust needs to settle on all this first before contemplating this though ......

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:09 pm 

I've a feeling more than just dust needs to settle, Sidbish.

This has been discussed on these boards previously, regarding the complicated and monetarily prohibitive U.S. visa procedures that can cost upward from £5,000 under the stone gaze of Mistress Liberty. Add to that the logistics costs of touring and it can easily end up costing a band to come to America, the only remaining benefit down to publicity alone.

I want to see Hawkwind as much as anyone, as it would be a first for me.

I am hopeful that the musician's union and others working with U.S. Customs can remedy, in the form of favourable customs' policy change, what is currently an intolerable and unworkable situation for any UK band.

More patience is needed and we've just had a bootcamp drill on that virtue.

most important thing at the moment Hawkwind fans is that we wish for Captain Dave's, Kris's, and crew of spaceship Hawkwind's health, welfare, and fortunes. Waging a victorious, years-long, legal defence does not come without its price. The Captain looks young and happy in that picture, very pleased to see... but we fans can not know the battle scars only the Warrior knows.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:30 am 

^ well said Vik

CONGRATULATIONS HAWKWIND!!

This is as it should be.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:04 am 

The way it is, was, and will always be.

Attachments:
justice.jpg
justice.jpg [ 119.69 KiB | Viewed 375 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 am 

The correct verdict of course. Wonderful, wonderful news! I shall celebrate with a beer (or two)... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:55 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
It was the correct verdict. Although the adjudicators were neutral on a couple of points, this is only to be expected.

For example, it's notoriously hard to demonstrate actual confusion because a) people often don't admit mistakes publicly, b) if they do then you have to be using the same social media platform etc. *and* have access to their comments, c) people who have been confused may walk out of the auditorium still under the impression they were seeing the real deal and d) the size of the audience was so small.

HWHQ themselves have been very quiet on this front they've always kept a dignified silence on the matter - and it's nice to see that users here have restricted comments to a civil level.

As to the case itself, as you probably guessed I've assisted HQ on a few points, mainly research. Several users here have been in touch with useful snippets, etc. which were all passed on and I've seen comments posted on various websites that appear to be from users here - pat yourselves on the back.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:50 pm 

Congratulations to all involved in the case, hopefully he will now slink off into a well deserved oblivion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat