Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 113  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~~ thought ~~
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:56 pm 

OGWT favorites:

David Bowie - Oh you pretty things (before superstardom)
Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
P I L - Careering
Rory Gallagher - Hands Off
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

Great times, great days & so many to choose from.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:19 pm 

Interesting looking exit polls from the Dutch elections.

Total collapse of the traditional left but massive increase for the Grren-Left.

Wilders' PVV have done well - but not well enough for any chance of power (phew!), still might be second biggest party, though.

Very different to here in the UK with (looking like) 6 or 7 parties with substantial blocks of seats (another 8 or 9 minor parties/independents).

An exercise in proportional representation?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:49 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
In the UK we have a two party system where neither is worth electing plus a voting system where you can poll the most votes and not win.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:21 am 

81% voter turnout too!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:43 pm 

many thanks for the links folks! - haven't had the chance to view them - the weekend beckons'- another night in a&e with me da scuppered me movements - poor bloke - i look forward to viewing them! - go raibh maith agat!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:40 pm 

The Tories guilty of financial irregularities during the general election? Quelle surprise! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:32 pm 

probably undocumented 'expenses' - more to the point with me - apparently the mighty Hawks play jersey a few days after the roundhouse - very close to the heart - me da's parents lived there (st lawrence) - mont cochon and all that)- they moved there in '58 - lived and died there - i hope i can make it/and afford it! - i presume it's saint helier?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:23 pm 

all of the above vintage whistle test footage - also just watched feelgood's 'roxette' - wilko and brilleaux were a class act together - i hadn't realised alex harvey died so young - 'next' is a real treat!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:31 pm 

SteamAbacus wrote:The Tories guilty of financial irregularities during the general election? Quelle surprise! :roll:

£70000 fine. That's like having a fight in Spoons and the landlord fining you by taking one of your chips.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:33 pm 

"Cash for ash" - more than just a Northern Irish political scandal? ...

"Burning wood for energy ignites fierce academic row"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39267774

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:16 pm 

didn't look at the link's - foster should jack it in and then would be entitled to re-election - it's fodder for sinn fein - which I don't mind - la le phadraig inniu - Welsh man - pity he isn't around in the dail! - sos enda- some nonsense!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:21 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
For me Sinn Fein and the IRA are too closely linked. and I also can't forgive Ireland for Mrs Browns Boys. Happy Paddy's day y'all!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:10 am 

not far off the mark HGT - although imperialism and 'rule br#tani# waives the rules probably incites some people to stand up for themselves with violence unfortunately - shona la le phadraig! - slainte!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:34 am 

Robot Economy Could Cause Up To 75 Percent Unemployment

http://www.businessinsider.com/50-perce ... omy-2013-1

" At the very height of our recent recession, we had unemployment of around 10 percent. The economy and safety net could barely deal with it. It helped rapidly grow the debt, and we've yet to deal with that or other lasting consequences. A 10 percent unemployment rate is a mere fifth of what some experts predict we'll see in the future, and we won't be able to count on changing business cycles to lift us out.

If all of the profit from the efficiency and productivity gains from this new technology go towards a small group of people, and we don't change our business or social model, we're going to be left with an increasingly massive pool of people who just don't fit in the economy.
"

Don't think for one second that those few at the top who will profit from automation and artificially intelligent machines haven't thought about what is to become of the "consumer-driven  economy" in an age when 99% of the world's population have zero income.
They have most definitely thought about it, which is why the machines are replacing us to begin with.   The "rise of the robots" is an unmitigated " warfare of extermination " on humanity by a very few, very wealthy, who no longer need the human population to survive and retain their power and luxury accommodation.  They already own it all ~ immeasureable wealth, genetic technology with which to sustain their designer human gene pool, the fountain of youth , a drone defence force to protect against insurgents (of which there will of course be none ) and with the rest of the human race out of their way, no political barrier to outlawing natural human reproduction.  

Sadly, for them, they get to take none of their power and wealth with them when they leave. 

Most sad of all ~ they will have nothing whatsoever when they leave.

Last edited by vikmarlo on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:35 am 

i might add -bobby sands was an elected member of parliament - he wanted to be a prisoner of war more or less - but the 'thatch' thought better - anyway - crikey - me daughter picked the winner in the gold cup today - 20 quid-ish! - p#ddy p#wer will be on the street's!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 113  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business