Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 am 

Life may be short, and death leaves a hole, but leave a legacy and you have made a difference and will be remembered. Jason will clearly be remembered. His short life made a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:01 pm 

Aboard the craft for too short-a-time ... RIP Jason, thanks for the music and the smile

paul&angela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:25 pm 

Just back from holday and heard the sad news condolences to Jasons friends and family. His keyboard intro on the new version of Paradox even got my wife listening to Hawkwind at last. Jason your music will live on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:15 am 

One more to pass on -

Julia McCulloch

When we heard the news today that Jason had died we were completely lost for words but what we can hold all hold on to in our memories is the wonderful music that he has left us & the sight of him the last time we saw him play at The Fordham Festival just a little while ago, of him looking up at us from his keyboard & the happy look he gave us... it was a look that needed no words to explain, it was the look of someone who was a really cool guy doing what he loved best, for us, the fans who love Hawkwind so much.
He achieved his dream to play for Hawkwind & his music & his memory will never be forgotten.
God Bless you Jason....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:47 am 

I never got the chance to see Jason play with the band, but was planning along with friends to see a show on the upcoming tour.Sadly I won't know have that opportunity to see him perform. Watched the DVD again last night, paying particular attention to Jason. What a player he was.And judging by the tributes to him, what a man he was as well. My thoughts go out to everyone connected with Jason at this tragic time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:05 pm 
Just watched the astoria gig myself and was drawn to jasons faultless tinkering . what a player especially on paradox , a real gem to the hawkwind community , always missed never to be forgotten .. Love and peace man dazzy b and family. remember you can help no one else ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:08 am 

Well, that was quite an experience. Beautiful service, as far as one can call it that, and most certainly it had Jason written allover it. Tears ánd grins, he must have enjoyed that. Loved the keyboard painted on the coffin, as well as the VW campervan they used to transport Jason. All done in great style, my compliments to everybody that captured and contributed to the atmosphere. Had the opportunity to visit the grave before we had to fly back, a very serene place it is. Thanks for having us, Hawkwind & friends, I'm glad I was able to be there too.
Rest in peace Jason.

Ace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:58 am 

Ace wrote:Well, that was quite an experience. Beautiful service, as far as one can call it that, and most certainly it had Jason written allover it. Tears ánd grins, he must have enjoyed that. Loved the keyboard painted on the coffin, as well as the VW campervan they used to transport Jason. All done in great style, my compliments to everybody that captured and contributed to the atmosphere. Had the opportunity to visit the grave before we had to fly back, a very serene place it is. Thanks for having us, Hawkwind & friends, I'm glad I was able to be there too.
Rest in peace Jason.

Ace

Thanks for taking the time to post this Ace. Sounds like the day was a fitting tribute to Jason. One of which we can all be righty pround.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:58 am 

A couple of reports on the funeral:

http://tinyurl.com/4ofqrh

and

http://twbrit.com/2008/09/19/sometimes- ... so-sleepy/

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:22 pm 

Good to see the Hawkwind family out in force to remember a brother. Rest easy, Jason - you're missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:18 pm 

I hope nobody will object to me posting this...

http:[email protected]/2875992306/

Hawkwind's farewell in style to Jason 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:10 pm 

Thanks for those links, Nick and Ace. I wish I could have been there to pay my respects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:20 am 

Many thanks for posting these links.
It seems like a beautiful and fitting day, i hope all there took comfort.
Don t know if anyone else saw Matthew Wright s tribute on his show on the morning of the funeral, but it was touching and lovely. Thanks Matthew and kinda nice for those of us who could not be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:30 am 

Sorry for the late condolence but hopefully this will help to keep alive the flame (just back from holiday where I learnt of the also very sad news of the pasing for Rick Wright of Pink Floyd).

I Am in total shock and saddened. Jason you were so young, only a few months younger than me - but you and your music will live on forever. I see it as no coincidence that I wanted to play recent Hawkwind round the clock when I was away from 'civilisation'. Like all Hawkwind music, that of the last few years sounds better and beter as time goes on.

My condoloences also go out to your family and friends, Jason. R.I.P. and fly the Hawkflag wherever your path takes you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:40 am 

Wow, i'm speechless again. I'm so glad everyone was able to mark the passing of a legend in this fitting and resplendent way, Couldn't be there, but these photos, descriptions and links are really so important...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spiral-N ... 6885037221

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Jason Stuart