Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Personality Cult of DPRK
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:17 pm 

The systematic takedown of a dangerous tyrant

Associated Press :
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... 4-08-04-55

Outside experts believe North Korea has the capacity to produce up to 4,500 metric tons of chemical weapons a year, and could raise that to 12,000 tons during a crisis. Its current inventory has been estimated at 2,500 to 5,000 tons.

It is suspected of being particularly focused on mustard, phosgene, sarin and V-type chemical agents - substances including VX that are designed to poison through contact and remain lethal for long periods of time. The North's development of such agents has been of special concern because of fears it might try to put them in artillery shells for an attack on South Korea's capital, potentially threatening the lives of millions.

A quantity of VX equalling the weight of two pennies is sufficient to kill five-hundred people

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:10 pm 

Things don't seem to be going well for Kim Jung Un lately :

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... m_medium=9

From United Press International :

Feb. 23 (UPI) -- North Korea suspects connected to the assassination of Kim Jong Nam all traveled on diplomatic passports issued by Pyongyang, according to Malaysia police.

South Korean news network YTN reported Thursday there are now eight North Korean suspects tied to the case.

I see a time line developing here...

Post subject: Re: Systematic Takedown Of A Tyrant : Timeline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:25 pm 

indeed - i think the paper trail on that will see me out!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:43 pm 

not sure what you mean, BD.

what worries me is the VX. there's an antidote (see AP article, top of this page) they believe the attackers took themselves, in advance, to prevent them being poisoned whilst handling the substance. All of the ducks are in a row ~ an unstable, malevolent tyrant vowing to kill hundreds of millions of innocent people; the most toxic substance known to man, reportedly stockpiled in the thousands of tonnes by said psychopath;
an antidote which can be taken by those to whom it is made available in order to render the VX non-lethal.
How would anyone ever learn the truth if a global calamity were to occur?

This is bad.
This is very very bad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 pm 

for sure - rerun of heroshima/ nagasaki? - spores on the wind can easily wipe us out - meanwhile tr#mp builds up the pointless missiles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
DPRK needs to be totally isolated, and brought down from within - turn his own people against him. China can do this

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:40 am 

Brown Dawn wrote:for sure - rerun of heroshima/ nagasaki? - spores on the wind can easily wipe us out - meanwhile tr#mp builds up the pointless missiles

...end quote...

I do not believe the U.S. will ever need to resort to nukes to
neutralise any threat, save for a first strike on its own people by another nuclear superpower, such as Russia.
As for spores on the wind, well, who knows from whence it comes or where it goes next...

What we do know is that Russia and China,
neither allies of Europe and the Americas, are under taking their own nuclear build ups ~ what might we imagine a world with no deterrent to look like? I'm going to venture a guess it looks like Russia.

I do find your perspective interesting, Brown Dawn ~ although until I can clearly see viability and preservation of liberty as mutually inclusive, I will have to err on the side of standing up to aggression

Last edited by vikmarlo on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:49 am 

HairyGT4 wrote:DPRK needs to be totally isolated, and brought down from within - turn his own people against him. China can do this

...end quote...

indeed ~ the Chinese government are doing just that with the coal embargo, another reason KJu's people are already starting to look at their feared leader as someone with more in common with a fungus than a man who is up every day before sunrise, toiling away to see that his people have the ability to feed and clothe themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:02 pm 

I think imperialism, in particular, inflicted by the western world, has a lot to answer for - america and some of it's allies - including ireland have repeatedly broke the likes of the geneva convention (é. g. cluster bombs) - the deterrant argument can work both ways too and I would say two wrongs don't make a right and if one arms ones self with nuclear weapons I presume one is prepared to use them - and one 'side' shouldn't be able to allow itself to do so and not let anybody else- i still think the only way forward is dialogue (however that can.be achieved) - Ireland still has it's problems but has come a long way - it's a worry for sure

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 pm 

Vik - i also meant to say you make interesting and indeed valid points!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:07 pm 

vikmarlo wrote:South Korean news network YTN reported Thursday there are now eight North Korean suspects tied to the case.[/i]

Why tie them to a case ? Seems a very strange way to go about things.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:54 am 

Oh sheessh ! ^
:lol:
I completely missed that first time around !

it occurred to me that one of the aspects of consensus manipulation (a term that takes on strange new dimension since January 20) is creating urgency as a lever on political will. Financial aid from the U.S. still means something to most foreign governments.

The saga centred around the question of how serious the international community is about enforcement of UN treaty violations gets just such a boost by tying North Korea to the assassination of Kim Jong-nam in any way focusing attention on the reports of that nation's alleged stockpile of VX, whether any such exists or not.

@Brown Dawn :

I agree that imperialists have to be challenged by the people over whom they hold dominion or political influence.
Imperialism itself flies in the face of any democratic system of self-governance. To that I would suggest the imperialists are those who belong to, or support, the oligarchic corporate lobbies ~ those entities which hold powerful economic and political sway over national governments. If they are to answer for anything, it must be to the people, e.g. democratic government, and therefore it is up to We The People to see that our representatives in public office are willing to do just that.

The problem with the nuclear arms issue is no different really from the military concept in general. The world is a big place and never without some formidable aggressor.

Every person alive must be willing to die for the very same cause for there to ever be universal de-militarisation.
Unfortunately human nature is flawed by primordial animal instinct, the genetic legacy of our very distant ancestors.

In idealistic terms, I share your wish to live in a world in which nuclear weapons do not exist. I am only afraid that if that were to ever come true, it would be by a single [ unified ] world-government under which every person is economically and ideologically enslaved. The radical militant so-called "Islamist" jihadists want exactly that ~ under their version of Sharia law, as far from democracy and civil liberty as one can get, almost.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:59 pm 

I think the tibetan monks probably had it right - inner peace! - and that we're on both sides of the same coin!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:24 am 

that pretty much says it all, if one owns nothing then there is no cause for worry that anything might be taken away, apart from ones right to do as one pleases, such as meditate or resist physical enslavement. Ive tried imagining what today's society might look like if all ordinary citizens of the free world were devout Buddhist monks.

I guess it all comes down to whether one is willing to give up all ties with the physical world, including comfort and necessity.

Buddha taught the middle way ~ food for thought

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 am 

It is interesting that while the US, the most powerful country in the world at least in military terms, sees 'agressors' and threats everywhere. Meanwhile most of the non-western world sees America as the main threat and of course wants a deterrant. Just who is the real rogue state? http://www.alternet.org/noam-chomsky-wh ... orld-peace

Chomsky argues elsewhere that the US has in fact done very little to stop nuclear weapons (based on the record since WWII), and that the North Korean threat "...provides justification for the right-wing conservative regime in the South." He also mentions the ongoing US efforts to undermine an agreement with N.K.

It seems there is a lot we are not hearing about...

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/13/noam_ch ... s_partner/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business