Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Solitary Man single vinyl only?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm 

I DID fall asleep.
but I DID wake up and I DO have the single.

Looks like it got here from Portugal in a 12" mailer in 4 business days.
WOW

I am going to rest a little more and wait for the day to move slightly forward, then will play. (9AM is bit early for my brand of volume)
\
This thread is slightly cracking me up as well!! sorry!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:40 pm 

Another perfect slice.

She's open and breathing and on the deck.

Going in...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:01 pm 

mike coleman wrote:Another perfect slice.

Going in...

Now, that could sound quite worrying taken out of context. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:04 pm 

SteamAbacus wrote:
mike coleman wrote:Another perfect slice.

Going in...

Now, that could sound quite worrying taken out of context. :lol:

Deep in the hive I'm really alive......eating and sleeping....

(good thing it's not a jukebox single, huh Steve)

Edit: I am not sure or ready to comment on Solitary Man difference. I am not yet familiar with it enough to have noticed the difference really and will play again.

as for side B
as expected a great rocker with Brock vocals, even recalling in a way some of Live Chronicles synth-wise in a place or 2 and

This sounds like it came from the album if you know what I mean

You, like me, will surely want to escape the starkness through tunnels of darkness!!

Last edited by mike coleman on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:33 pm 

happy birthday from me to you sir Mikey. I'm so pleased it arrived on the 14th ;)
.Yes 4 business days is suprising & it was sent via normal not registered, which can often slow things down.
Anyone else out there want the other one for a trade of anything ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:43 pm 

Happy Birthday Nameloc.
Let the wattage flow and listen to the wine.
A birthday toast right now!
Prose.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:12 pm 

Fri 10th was a national holiday in Pt. So as an aside, it was only 3 working days point to point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:31 pm 

smugdruggler wrote:Fri 10th was a national holiday in Pt. So as an aside, it was only 3 working days point to point.

Attachments:
$_35.jpg
$_35.jpg [ 24.48 KiB | Viewed 1165 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:28 pm 

does anyone know if these two songs are available for digital download anywhere yet?
there was no news a few weeks after i recieved my vinyl single so i thought i would leave it a while and check back but i still don't think these songs are available for digital download anywhere :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:28 am 

butfluffy wrote:does anyone know if these two songs are available for digital download anywhere yet?
there was no news a few weeks after i recieved my vinyl single so i thought i would leave it a while and check back but i still don't think these songs are available for digital download anywhere :(

Yes. I wish... How about an iTunes release? Some kind soul might put the B-side on Youtube....

is this the single version? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81bXCn49oRc --probably not.

'"Solitary Man”, the A-side of the release, is a different version of one of the lead tracks of Hawkwind’s new conceptual album "The Machine Stops”, whilst the B-side, "Tunnels of Darkness” is exclusive to this release.'

The details of the game...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:19 am 

i purchased the single to be on the safe side but hawkwind did reply to this thread stating there would be digital download versions so i was hoping we would get a chance to download them soon.
ripping vinyl is ok but a proper digital release would be much better :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:25 pm 

butfluffy wrote:i purchased the single to be on the safe side but hawkwind did reply to this thread stating there would be digital download versions so i was hoping we would get a chance to download them soon.
ripping vinyl is ok but a proper digital release would be much better :)

Or releasing it on CD single!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:52 pm 

well yeah. i would prefer a cd single to digital download tbh. for some reason i figured that digital download was more likely than a cd.
as soon as i read that there was going to be an exclusive vinyl single i had my doubts about other formats other than vinyl being released but when a reply on this thread stated we would get digtal download versions i was very happy.
it may be that they want to wait a while before releasing the single on other formats due to the fact it was advertised as being vinyl exclusive.
some confirmation or news of possible release date for digital download versions would be welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:55 am 

Except cd player everyone should have a turntable too. I tried without turntable and it was mistake. Some material are only on vinyl and some only on cd. I dont recognise mp3's or any virtual formats. If children are vinyl unfriendly like someone said it here than remove records. I have child, I have records and cd's in other room in high cupboard/bookcase which I use for music and it is too high for child to reach, its behind glass closed. Child can reach hifi, however in this room always is someone with her. If my wife cant have all the time child on eye than she can lock door from that room and problem solved. Its nessesary only when child is young, when she doesnt understand, later is no problem. Nobody wants to see expensive collection which took decades to collect to be destroyed right? But child in parents room have nothing to do or should do or be there, child have their own room. So it is not problem to much if you are organized like that. It will not last forever, child will grew up.
Back on the theme. Here is photo of single:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:57 pm 

right finally got turntable and ripped the 7 inch to mp3s. tunnels of darkness i enjoyed on first listen but just like someone who posted earlier on this page i could not find what was different about A Solitary Man from the album version, has anyone figured out the difference yet?
we were told that the single version of A Solitary Man was going to be a different version so maybe there are some subtle things which are different about the mix or something and i did not pick up on it. or maybe there has been a mistake and the album version has been pressed onto the single instead of the alternate version.
i'm keen to find out what you guys think about the solitary man supposed alternate version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc