Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Solitary Man single vinyl only?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:14 pm 

The single versions of Solitary Man and Tunnels of Darkness will be relased as downloads :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 pm 

Hawkwind wrote:The single versions of Solitary Man and Tunnels of Darkness will be relased as downloads :-)

thats really great news guys. now i will have my vinyl copy for my collection when it arrives and i can download the tracks when they become available to save me ripping the vinyl.
i'm hoping the downloads will be available from amazon?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:11 am 

I pre-ordered the vinyl single and received my mp3 download of Solitary Man from Cherry Red on April 20. I'm hoping that Tunnels of Darkness will follow once the single is released.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:19 pm 

That is good news. Personally I'm hoping it turns up on Qobuz so I can get it in flac. I downloaded the free mp3 from Cherry Red, but to be honest haven't listened to it. At 80kbps they really are spoiling us, I suspect ripping the audio from the youtube video with some dodgy shareware would produce a better resolution...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:14 am 

just wondering how did you recieve the mp3 download from cherry red? i pre ordered the single but have not recieved anything regarding the mp3 download yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 am 

I got an email about it saying I'd been added to the mailing list. The album has a specific website though there isn't a great deal there:

http://www.the-machine-stops.com/

There is a link on there to the download there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:20 pm 

Same thing as Dell1972, I was sent an e-mail directing me to the site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:59 pm 

i did not get any email. maybe because my brother used his paypal for the purchase and they messaged the his email. i did get a thank you for your purchase message from them a few days after the purchase though and my bro got a confirmation as well.

edit - i just downloaded the mp3 in that link. it's 80kbps thats poor quality. hopefully a better quality version will be available soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:46 am 

Dell1972 wrote:That is good news. Personally I'm hoping it turns up on Qobuz so I can get it in flac. I downloaded the free mp3 from Cherry Red, but to be honest haven't listened to it. At 80kbps they really are spoiling us, I suspect ripping the audio from the youtube video with some dodgy shareware would produce a better resolution...

My thoughts exactly. Would love a flac option for the eventual single.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:40 pm 

so when will solitary man and tunnels of darkness be available for download and where from and in what format, cheers, jp

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:26 am 

"a solitary man" was the only track on the album i didn't like ..
"yum yum" spliced into "tube" sounds way better for the flow..
all in all a top album, ..
only shame is the clarity of the vocals as i just cannot make out what is been sung on half the tracks ..

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 pm 

Two Solitary Men arrived today & you are in luck Mikey.
I luv this cut & the service from 'Cherry Red' was ace. Cannot fault it. All in all a very tidy package :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:03 pm 

smugdruggler wrote:Two Solitary Men arrived today & you are in luck Mikey.
I luv this cut & the service from 'Cherry Red' was ace. Cannot fault it. All in all a very tidy package :)

.Image

AHA!!!

Is This a diff mix to the youtube version??

superb job old bean, covering my arse like that when you were not knowing where I was or why I went.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:48 pm 

yeah i got my vinyl copy a few days back but i don't want to open it unless i have to. i would prefer to download the tracks and keep the vinyl intact.
is there any news on when and where the digital downloads will be available?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:08 pm 

I've meanehile been informed that I am to be confronted with the same dilemma, whatever day or year Smugdruggler and myself make our moves

At such time I suppose I will get at it with a razor blade and make love to it with my HUGE stylus if nobody else has taken the plunge or spread news

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc