Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: Snippet...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:46 am 

Ooooo! Hawkwind on SoundCloud - I've 'followed'.

Sounds good. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:48 am 

brill! - thanks for the snippets Kris! - all the classic trademarks are there! - you temptress! - many thanks and much love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:50 am 

The snippets sound SOOOO good, at this rate this is going to be the best album, in, ummm, DECADES. Seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:25 am 

I do hope for extensive contributions from Niall and Tim as well, I appreciate their input.
The more contributions the richer and more complex the sound.Would love to hear some Dib's cello again?? Some sax and flute?? Lots of vocal harmonies with Richard I hope??
Can't wait !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:42 am 

Oh and how about a return to much longer sweeping songs, of at least 7 minutes each, and perhaps with musical bridges connecting songs together in more gentle links forming one epic musical powerhouse statement. A magnum opus for the ages. Hawkwind can do it I'm sure, if they put their mind to it, in an attempt to cement as Kings of all time their mark in history books as space rock icons for ever more.

Nothing bores me more than individual musical packets of 3 or 4 minutes each with hard boundaries between each.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:15 pm 

^

That's what I'd like too... a prog album that's a real 'sonic statement' and kicks ***, and puts the band back on the map. A sort of "Blimey, guv, the old buggers can still do the biz" album. However, I've mostly given up on that idea ever coming to fruition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:47 pm 

I thought the last album showed potential, the live performances a lot of potential. I'd like to hear the vocals higher in the mix, that made it a little frustrating to listen to for me. The samples sound nice and heavy, first one recognisable from the last tour.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:47 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Promising stuff, some kickass bass work in there. Like the other commenters, a long piece or devastating soundscape would be nice. On the bands current form ANYTHING is possible I think!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:36 pm 

hopefully, and I believe as a matter of evidence, Dave has long since learnt that we can't please everyone, so we have to please ourselves. Do that much and the tipping dominoes lay the path.

I am stoked like a fire for the arrival of the new lp !!
:-D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:55 am 

I'm stoked too. Isn't it so awesome to be a Hawkwind fan?? What a fantastic body of work we fans have to enjoy. And more to come !!!!! There's no other band like them imho.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:05 pm 

[quote="graham"]^

That's what I'd like too... a prog album that's a real 'sonic statement' and kicks ***, and puts the band back on the map. A sort of "Blimey, guv, the old buggers can still do the biz" album. However, I've mostly given up on that idea ever coming to fruition.[/quote]

The Machine Stops did that, as did Blood of the Earth and Onward

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:00 pm 

Given some of the comments here; How about the band doing a covers album in full spacerock syle. A sonic version of Chas & Dave's 'Aint No pleasin' you' springs to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:57 pm 

smugdruggler wrote:Given some of the comments here; How about the band doing a covers album in full spacerock syle. A sonic version of Chas & Dave's 'Aint No pleasin' you' springs to mind.

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9S9_TpFSwo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:50 pm 

"Touche" & a bow to your superior Chas & Dave nomination, steamabacus :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:07 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Don't knock Chas and Dave. Here's Chas Hodges 1971.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aIft448lBA

And Dave Peacock played lead guitar for this mob...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpPXF4lCkE

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat