Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: simply thankyou
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:51 pm 
the light show and dancers at isle of wight was fantastic, loved the blue aliens and space scene goin on, henge 84 was great and this was on par with that, ta kris for all yer effort and the pa, etc thank uthank u thank u bry

Post subject: Re: simply thankyou
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:30 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
I second that - motion carried!

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:12 pm 

Highscores: 3
here,here

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 pm 

I have to agree. I absolutely loved it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:39 am 

it was fab. hey i was at newbury beer festival yesterday and saw this . Madogs Ale , a crisp, malty,reddish coloured session bitter with a dry bitter finish. i wasnt sure if they were describing the beer or maddog himself?? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:37 pm 

Agree with you all. The lightshows on Hawkwind gigs has allways been very special and IOW was fab, and have to say the same about Leamington, Porchester, Astoria 2008, Hawkfest 2008 and those two times I've seen them in Norway. The first gig here in 75' supposed to be special, we buildt a special stage where we could raise the roof in front so it became a huge wall which didn't work properly :shock: , but Liquid Len did a fantastic job as well with stroboscopes, lights in the trees surrounding the arena and a mysterious smoke and lightshow on the stage.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:52 pm 

It seemed to me at the time that the strobes were on far more than at a usual Hawkwind gig. I've never been so impressed by Angels of Death. That was probably the peak for me. And the current dancers and their costumes are outstanding.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 pm 
............................we were born to go ........................ :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:46 pm 

when were all old wont we have some lovely memories!! try explaining the hawkfest to ya grandkids!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:49 pm 

no - take them to the next one....

http://www.myspace.com/arab_neil
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mychoonz/collections/
http://www.mychoonz.co.uk/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 am 

Although it was a bit of a jolly for me and a couple of mates, I do wish I'd brought the kids along to see the best band in the world!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:01 am 

Squareski wrote:Although it was a bit of a jolly for me and a couple of mates, I do wish I'd brought the kids along to see the best band in the world!

There's always Rhodes next year. Family holiday and Hawkfest combined. At least thats the angle i'm trying to sell it to my wife with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 am 

I am sure that I am was not alone when the strobes had finished and I was relieved that my brain had not exploded leaving me a mush on the floor. This is how it should be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 am 

I thought the strobes were great. Allowed me to get some photo's without resorting to flash which pisses of the bands.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:18 pm 

Hawkwind1966 wrote:I am sure that I am was not alone when the strobes had finished and I was relieved that my brain had not exploded leaving me a mush on the floor. This is how it should be.

LOL i had the same thought, very very very nearly spun myself out,, n i had control ,,, but in my defence the band provide the timing break, so was sorta in there hands , glad you all enjoyed mmmwwaaahhhh

On a Personal note id like to say a Huge thankyou to Mel n Magnus n all the tarantism crew for the smooth running of the stages thanks guys,

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest