Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Rose
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 pm 

It is with great sadness that I have to let you know that our dear friend Rose passed away today.
Many of you will remember her and Margaret on the gates and doors of every Hawkfest and HawkEaster.
She was a kind and beautiful woman, for whom, nothing was too much trouble.
She loved Hawkwind and all the extended family, knowing many of the regulars by name.. She was fiercely loyal and stuck with the band through good times and bad, offering support where it was most needed.
I couldn't begin to list all the work Margaret and Rose put in behind the scenes to make things run smoothly.
She asked us to let you all know when the time came and she was talking about the Hawkwind family right until the end.
We managed to send her a running commentary of life on the bus on the recent dates. She was always eager to hear where we were and what we were all doing.
Many of you brought flowers and gifts for her at HawkEaster, she knew it would be her last one and was greatly touched by the gesture. She asked us to thank each and every one of you....She had a fabulous time and certainly felt the love.
I can't write much more at the moment, but we would all love to hear any stories or tributes you wish to leave, or any photos you wish to post. (We would especially like the one of Rose wearing the Hawkwind crown at HawkEaster......someone took a photo, but we cannot remember who). This would be a great comfort to her husband Roger, who many of you also met at recent HawkEasters, and to her family.
God bless you Rose, we love you so and are going to miss you so very much..
Kris xx
ImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Rose
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:08 pm 

my deepest condolences - my prayers and best wishes and love to all - i'll light a candle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:19 pm 

So so sorry to hear this about Rose..and sincerest condolences to Roger and all Rose's family and friends.
Whilst I wouldn't say our family knew Rose well, we've been to all bar one Hawkeaster and Rose, along with Margaret and Roger and others have always been that lovely calming presence at their table, sorting wristbands, passing on info and generally just being happy, smiley, always ready for a chat and a bit of a wink or a joke. There would be many a time during the 'in's and out's' of the day that I'd sometimes just avail myself of a chair for a 5 minute sit down and a chat..made Seaton feel like home and a huge part of putting the 'family' into the Hawkfamily, which is a real real thing and something of so much value to us all.
It's clear from your post Kris that you are all hit hard by this and you are all in our thoughts at this time.
I'm not on the other list and I must do so sometime, but I also hope that there are many photo's and stories and happy memories shared that can help give you all comfort in remembering a clearly much loved lady..
Much love from here too and you are all in our thoughts, Huw and family..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:44 pm 

Ohh, so sorry, best wishes and good vibes to her and all around.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:37 pm 

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. The world is a worse place for her passing.

Love and deep condolences to all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:08 am 

awful

sorry, can't fluff it, I'm mourning people who are still alive.
lately, I have realized JUST how much I TERRIBLY miss people gone.
casts eye planet x-ward and shakes fists "well??"
it would just be so nice to have the (assuming and hopefully) comforting outside view of it, in my case anyway.
May time get easing you sooner than later
she looks nice indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Very sad news. Like others I had a few chances for a cheeky chat with Rose and she always came across as a warm, friendly person. We need more people like her. Condolences and hugs to all family and friends.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:02 pm 

RIP Rose. One of the worlds natural nice people. Chats on the bus each day at the Isle of Wight hawkfest. A true hawk family member.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:47 pm 

So sorry to hear this. RIP Rose.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:42 pm 

Sad loss, a real gem of a lady. Friendly, helpful and always remembered your face and made the time to have a chat. Condolences to the family from both my wife and I.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:55 am 

Condolences for the loss of your friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm 

Sorry for your loss Kris, Dave and the rest of HAWKWIND.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:59 pm 

Apologies for being so late with my response, but yes I'm sad to hear this news

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat