Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: PXR5 labels
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:19 am 

Even more label questions... Was PXR5 ever released with large Mad Hatter label? My copy has blue label with small MH, it has the original CDS release number and the back cover is non-stickered. Is this the first pressing or were there some with the old label?

Post subject: Re: PXR5 labels
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 pm 

Hi uncleAK, my one has the large (original) mad hatter label (CDS 4016) non-stickered.

(hope this helps)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 pm 

uncle AK wrote:Even more label questions... Was PXR5 ever released with large Mad Hatter label? My copy has blue label with small MH, it has the original CDS release number and the back cover is non-stickered. Is this the first pressing or were there some with the old label?

Yes
Not sure "why" yours is non-stickered, though rules likely do not apply here either, I can't remember if I ever got a blue labell (orig cat no.) without the sticker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 pm 

Highscores: 1
The large mad hatter label, cds 4016, is the first pressing. At some time the label changed to the blue one you have and a sticker was put over the plug. Maybe yours is when the label changed but they didnt sticker the first batch of these.

You are aware that the very first pressing came with a ticket inserted to send off for a family tree poster, subsequent first presses seem to have had just the poster inserted but no ticket.

So for a true first, you need the large mad hatter label and the ticket.

Obviously not many of these tickets have survived and they are extremely rare.

http://spacerocktrading.freeforums.org

Last edited by jamun on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm 

I wish I had it.....(would be) Just the ticket

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm 

Highscores: 1
Bizarrely my ticket just fell out of a cheap copy I bought on line as I removed the vinyl. When I picked it up it was as if the cosmic joker had visited and given me a willy wonker golden ticket.

http://spacerocktrading.freeforums.org

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:23 pm 

Yes, I'm still looking for one with the ticket and/or one with the family tree. I forgot to write the matrix code in my previous post. It says:

CDS 4016 A//1(upside down triangle here)EUT (same on the other side but B instead of A)

Is it the same with the other Mad Hatter and/or blue labels?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:04 pm 

uncle AK wrote:Yes, I'm still looking for one with the ticket and/or one with the family tree. I forgot to write the matrix code in my previous post. It says:

CDS 4016 A//1(upside down triangle here)EUT (same on the other side but B instead of A)

Is it the same with the other Mad Hatter and/or blue labels?

Mines the same-
also a "floating" number 11 on sioe A
and 2 of them on side B.

I would say you could likely find many variants. At least a few. I recall things can go nuts with Charisma, you might find yourself dealing with circle-square-triangle waves :)
Not sure I ever got too many actual matrix variables, can't remember.

To be clear, my copy is as yours (blue orig), and also by "floating" I mean "elsewhere in the runoff groove" (providing this only so you have EVERYTHING)
I'm looking at more info I have in old mails

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:44 pm 

A little insanity teaser-

I looked through old emails and I have details on 5 British PxR5 issues with pics for 4. (all that was needed)
The last one escaped my attention the first time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:59 pm 

I actually kind of like the blue label in PXR5. It's a bit more futuristic (as the mad hatter is more like "progressive rock") and somehow fits better (in my mind) with the cover art and music.
I still need the mad hatter one. And the ticket. And the family tree. And the tour book, button and an actual incorrectly wired plug...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:20 pm 

uncle AK wrote:I actually kind of like the blue label in PXR5. It's a bit more futuristic (as the mad hatter is more like "progressive rock") and somehow fits better (in my mind) with the cover art and music.
I still need the mad hatter one. And the ticket. And the family tree. And the tour book, button and an actual incorrectly wired plug...

That's why I've got the blue one!!
rarer than very first.
this is also why the Hawklords frustrates me. I wanted a set of blue originals and to bypass the brown labels, more or less. I agree they are slightly more visually pleasing.

I have to buy another one though, the jacket has my failed import sticker removal. Removed in a mad rush to use elsewhere!!~
Then, I went ahead and tried to steam the rear sticker off......it didn't work!!! jacket TRASHED!!!
still wondering how a guy on eBay got it off clean.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:35 pm 

This album is one of those I needed to listen at least 5 times to start like this album. I bought first uk release on vinyl, no sticker. I bought this only because of 'Death Trap'. On first listen I liked this of course but rest of it I just didn't feel. Than after around 5 times listening album just like that I started to like 'Uncle Sam On Mars', 'Infinity' and 'Jack Of Shadows'. Last time when I was listening this album I liked all, even 'Pxr5' song which was strange to me on first listening. Now, its great album to me. I was few years back not to keen about Calvert era in Hawkwind, I liked only Dave on mic. Now, I think Calvert era its great thats why I bought his two albums Lockhead and the second one, and single with Lemmy Hornets. One more time we have this situation when you need to give a chance and time for some albums.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:52 pm 

I agree.

PXR5 is a slow burner but after Quark its my go-to Hawkwind album. Uncle Sam, High Rise, Jack Of Shadows and Robot, what's not to like!

Quarky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:57 pm 

Further to my love of PXR5, I was relatively new to Hawkwind having seen them on the live 79 tour in the first instance but when my mate showed me the PXR5 family tree they had to become, overnight, the most interesting band ever!
The first 3 albums I got were Quark, PXR5 and ISOS, which set me up nicely for Space Ritual, Warrior then HOTMG via Capt Lockheed.

Wonder if there's enough material for an expanded Capt Lockheed?

Just think.... :D

Quarky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:16 pm 

They did an expanded Captain Lockheed, though I think it only had three extra songs, one extended version and two single versions. I never did get round to buying that one so can't comment on it.

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc