Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Hawkfest 2013
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Someone had to start discussion, so I thought I would. Looking forward to attending my first Hawkfest, and hoping it'll be 'Up North'

Post subject: Re: Hawkfest 2013
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm 

Anywhere is good for me although round Stonehenge/Avebury would be nice. The sooner it's announced the better so organising the time off is easier. Just hope it doesn't clash with Beautiful Days (August) or the MotoGP at Assen (end of June). Maybe the same weekend (August bank holiday) as the last one would be good as it saved a days holiday on the Monday.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:31 pm 

The sooner it's announced the better so organising the time off is easier.

Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 pm 

I see Hawkwind HQ is looking for venues. I'd suggest Dalby Forest (stages gigs regularly and has good facilities) or Lentnor Farm just outside Northallerton (former site of Willowman Festival, which has a stone circle and superb views and is near my house so I get to sleep in my own bed. I could also advise on the best hostelries, due to my extended testing of local brews). Whitby area would also be nice, there's plenty of local campsites, and Gothfest was held here some years back. If Arthur's with the band it'd be a nice trip home for him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm 

Hello, hello, hello.....is this a bit of forward planning creeping in here.....

"HawkwindHQ - Can anyone recommend a site that's relatively flat, has mains water & will accommodate about 1000 people? Campsites with toilets preferred. "

Does this really mean that they are seriously considering a 2013 Hawkfest ? :shock:

Well I seriously hope so, and I seriously hope they can get the dates sorted and out there in plenty of time this time.
Lets hope this is not the start of another load of pleading messages that go on for months with absolutely no response from the band.

Come on guys, it's been a long time since the IoW bash.....now keep the communication going.

ps...sorry if this come across as a bit arsey....born out of frustration, time for a beer :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 am 

How about Escot Park which is just up the road from Honiton in Devon and also hosts Beautiful Days. The area used for the campers and car parks on top of the hill would probably be big enough and is flat with reasonable road access.
Alternatively one of the stages (assuming 2 stages as the 2 Hawkfests I've been to had 2 stages) could be where the big top is during BDs and the other where the main stage is with the area between them for the for camping and food and other stalls. There would probably have to be a camper area as well, maybe where the disabled camping is during BDs.

I know Hawkfest seems to move every time but what about the Isle of Wight site again, I liked that site.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:44 am 

I liked the IoW too, but there is no infrastructure at all.

I thought that the site at Isley Walton (where Dave & Kris got married) provided a perfect mixture of open space and proper toilets and facilities - nice and central for the UK, too :-)

pete wrote:How about Escot Park which is just up the road from Honiton in Devon and also hosts Beautiful Days. The area used for the campers and car parks on top of the hill would probably be big enough and is flat with reasonable road access.
Alternatively one of the stages (assuming 2 stages as the 2 Hawkfests I've been to had 2 stages) could be where the big top is during BDs and the other where the main stage is with the area between them for the for camping and food and other stalls. There would probably have to be a camper area as well, maybe where the disabled camping is during BDs.

I know Hawkfest seems to move every time but what about the Isle of Wight site again, I liked that site.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:13 pm 

sonicattack wrote:

So did I :D it was a fantastic location.

But I know there was a lot of people that complained about he additional cost of the ferry and logistics of getting so far south.

I don't care where it is. I just want another Hawkfest. The two I have been on have just been some of the best times I have had. From the weather and mr bubbles at Devon to the coffee kart and veggie burgers of IOW, the people and of course the music from both. Just such brilliant memories. I WANT MORE OF THEM :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 pm 

Yes another Hawkfest uninitiate giving a shoutout for a North south east or west family get together next year,phew.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 pm 

I didn't go to the IoW one, partly on account of logistics. Then again, if places are limited to 1000, and then 1000 people aren't unduly affected by logistical problems, does it matter?

I suppose that if there's a HawkEaster all-dayer in Devon in March, it might - might! - be only fair if Hawkfest were a teensy teensy tad further north.

Er... Cotswolds? :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:13 pm 

Or west - newgrange!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 pm 

Come to Yorkshire, it's crackin' up here. Great beer, great folks, scenery is not half bad. Lots of space so the volume can go to 11. Also no static speed cameras in North Yorkshire and great roads for the bikers!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:54 pm 

For us it's not that big a deal as we have 3 entry points into the UK from NL with ferries to Harwich, Hull or Newcastle to choose from. We just need the dates asap so we can book ferries and time off.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32 pm 

I couldn't make IoW.

But I'd love to go again as its been a couple of years.

Here's hoping it happens this year!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:22 pm 

I'm really hoping that there will be a "proper" Hawkfest this year. I don't care where it is, that doesn't matter, all we need is a field and a big top, nuff said !

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest