Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Jimi Hendrix live dilema IOW 28.08.10.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:18 pm 

Are You Experienced are playing at Freshwater Memeorial Hall IOW on 28th August.
What a dilema, davemod if you are reading this any chance of getting Are You Experienced over to East Afton Farm? what a day that would be, Jimi Hendrix and Hawkwind all on the same day, heavan.

Post subject: Re: Jimi Hendrix live dilema IOW 28.08.10.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:57 pm 

it would seem a shame to not have them play if there on the IOW anyway gets my vote

http://www.myspace.com/festichick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:09 pm 

That does sound like a great idea... E mail it to the band rather than wait for it to get picked up on here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am 

Thats a cool idea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 am 

Its a brilliant idea! I would love it. I've never seen them and don't generally go for tribute bands (but then I've never seen any do Hendrix). However they do seem to get good reviews. I saw The Hamsters do a Hendrix tour on the 25th anniversary of Jimi's death. That was well good. If these are anywhere near as good it'll be amazing. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 am 

I love the Hamsters - pub rock at its best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 pm 

I like them too, but they have a strange view of technology in music. They hate synths, yet are happy to use boards full of pedals....?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:44 pm 

Well, I'M sorry Celtech can't make it, because I was looking forward to that,but doesn't leave a space free? They are in the locality at the right time (for the same reason-40t anniversary of IOW'70). It would be great for Are You Experienced to do a 40th on the original site. It would be great for people at Hawkfest too I would have thought.... I'd hate to see people leaving site to see them,but I can understand it. The Hendrix connection with the event means a lot to me too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:52 pm 

Thanks everyone for replying. I contacted John Campbell (aka jimi hendrix) by email and suggested it to him, and received a reply. As Are You Experienced were playing in Liverpool on the 29th at the Mathew Street free music festival he informed me sadly it could not be. Double bummer because I'm from Liverpool and as I was Hawkfest and Hawkwind always receive my loyalty first I did'nt get to see Are You Experienced at either gig however, its something to keep in mind for a future Hawkfest.

If ever you get the chance to see Are You Experienced do so, it is about as close as you will ever get to the original Hendrix vibe. Don't let any doubts about tribute bands put you off seeing this band.

Hope you all had a great time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:45 pm 

Received email from Are You Experienced, the band state in their email they actually got to visit the original 1970 IOW site on the 28th to have a look around before their freshwater Memorial Hall gig- so near yet so far!

Attachments:
Profile pic 2.jpg
Profile pic 2.jpg [ 80.07 KiB | Viewed 2060 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:59 am 

Don't often view this board but this has jogged my memory....I remember going to see a Hendrix tribute Called Little Wing about 10 years ago, they had a very familiar looking drummer who had Mitch Mitchell's Drumming style off to a tee. During the interval lots of people were commenting on how good the drummer was and that he was at one time in Hawkwind. Only then the penny dropped....Bloody Terry Ollis :o

I have seen Are You Experienced? and was non too impressed, but I've never seen a tribute band that I liked so maybe it's me :?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:48 pm 

Space Rituals are quite a good tribute band.......
(Sorry - just stirring as I am bored).

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest