Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Gaia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:31 am 

I was wondering what people thought of Gaia. They've made quite an impression on me even though I didn't register it at first. I've just started listening to their Soulwind CD today. They were obviously a very thoughtful high-quality sounding band. They had a really good hypnotic quality and played some quite subtle music.

Post subject: Re: Gaia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:27 am 

The first time they played I thought yeah not bad but the second time, late on Sunday night, I really got into them. I didn't get a CD as they had sold all of them by the time I went to buy one (just like Tribe of Cro and the Hawkwind hoodies). I'll be keeping an eye out for them as I'd like to see them again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:30 pm 

Gaia blew me away, heard them the first time they played in the afternoon. Picked up one of their freebie cds [soulwind] and it hasnt been off since I came home. The studio cd is excellent some of it really laid back but they have a heavier sound when live. All in all a great band and highly recommended, one of the Hawkfest highlights for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:14 pm 

I was impressed too. I caught the end of thier afternoon set and wished i'd seen more so made sure I caught the night set. What a way to finish the camp too. Managed to get a copy fo thier freebie too which is great. Will look out for them again in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm 

yes they where excellent seen them before at the farm with space ritual and litmus years back

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:45 pm 

Caught them after Huw's set and Thought they were very intence live. I missed the CD and would like to hear more! A lovely end to a fab weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:06 am 

Caught the afternoon set and very much enjoyed it. Got one of the free CDs and it too has been on my turntable quite regularly. Impressed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:57 pm 

Hawkwind1966 wrote:Caught the afternoon set and very much enjoyed it. Got one of the free CDs and it too has been on my turntable quite regularly. Impressed.

Yes, brilliant and "Shylock" belongs already to my top10 songs of 2010 without a doubt. 7:33 minutes of pure musical pleasure.

Can be heard by clicking http://www.myspace.com/gaiauk.

I hope their new album - SUN INTO GOLD comes out very soon...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:08 pm 

I missed the afternoon set. I saw them on Sunday night. I like Jezebel on their Myspace page. The drumming has that hypnotic human drum machine quality. It's one of my favourite styles of drumming. The songs that have really hit me on Soulwind so far are track 2 - Household Objects and track 6 - Sorry It Turned Out You. I keep listening to those harmonies at the beginning of that track over and over again. I can't get enough of them. I think Gaia have quite a delicate psychedelic sound. It reminds me a little bit of a Brazilian band from the early 70s called Modulo 1000. Modulo 1000 are a bit heavier but the psychdelic sound is similar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:22 pm 

I agree with you all, they stood out for me as one of the best bands at the festival. It was my first Hawkfest and although I was there on my own I never once felt out of place, one of the best experiences I've ever had. You Hawkfans are an amazing bunch!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:14 pm 

Just been listening to thier Hawkfest recording and the jamming at the start before they begin thier set proper is pretty damn good too. Hopefully they will be around for a lot longer as i would definately go to see them again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:55 pm 

witchwood wrote:Just been listening to thier Hawkfest recording and the jamming at the start before they begin thier set proper is pretty damn good too. Hopefully they will be around for a lot longer as i would definately go to see them again.

That's not available online is it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:03 am 

electronic_no1 wrote:
witchwood wrote:Just been listening to thier Hawkfest recording and the jamming at the start before they begin thier set proper is pretty damn good too. Hopefully they will be around for a lot longer as i would definately go to see them again.

That's not available online is it?

No it was home produced as they say.

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest