Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: Good Things....Bad Things
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:37 pm 

sonicattack wrote:Not sure if it's been said elsewhere, but I thought that the sound on both stages was absolutely first rate, and definitely better than previous Hawkfests, so Mr. Fleece can stick THAT up his over-amplified bottom !! :P

I'd agree with that - top notch sound all weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:05 pm 

i agree with the sound ...it sounded really good ....................the man in the stall tried to short change me by a fiver ....i know i looked a bit worse for ware but when it comes to the pennys then im always switched on ...... :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 pm 

Squaffy. Not a nice thing to have happened! Lucky you new wot was going on! Bet your dog chilled you out,eh? i had a bit of a mare getting home as i forgot a days meds but hey ho thanks to Matt from bedford for calming sweets! :wink: I loved it all and can't believe it was last week! Hawkwind were astounding!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:03 pm 

thanks for understanding yad

it was a nightmare tbh - but yes, my dog sat on guard - almost as if he knew what was going in - bless him

I hadn't tripped for about 15 yrs so it was quite an ordeal when it wasn't planned

My bad for leaving drinks while I went for a wee - though I'd have thought MOST people at Hawkfest wouldn't do that to someone

Gotta laugh though - at one point I was standing on the Lifeboat in Yarmouth with some bloke saying 'ur not supposed to be here' - cos it had flashy lights on it :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:00 pm 

Lots of good things:

ALL the bands' sets that I saw (and managed to get piccies of most of them despite my camera taking a dislike to red lighting - best not do Amsterdam then...)

Meeting so many friends old and new, fans like me or band members - they all seem to be equally friendly

Meeting (and re-meeting) many fine folk from here - Capt Spacelord, Haz, Bald8Ball, Maddog, Festichick, Dazzy B to name just a few ('cos it's all gone that hazy that I have difficulty recalling the names of all you other brilliant folks - many apologies!)

The setting and the whole vibe of the place

Walking upto the top of the barrow on the golf course and taking pics of the whole panorama - and someone thinking that, since I had a certain set of clothing on, I was just up there posing in the wind... It did elicit a remark from somebody that they didn't realise the strength of those "special" ciggies....

Bad things:

not being able to catch all of the sets of all of the bands

not being able to remember the names of all of the fine folk that I met......

and a bit of a panicky moment on Sunday night when I truly realised exactly how far from home I really was...

http://www.myspace.com/arab_neil
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mychoonz/collections/
http://www.mychoonz.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 pm 

A Bad Thing: No sign of Tragic Roundabout.

Anybody know what happened ? I was really looking forward to seeing them again :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:35 am 

................if i forgot anyone then im sorry ,,,,thats hawkfests for you .....

You forgot me!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm 

All sounds like a lot of fun, except for the weather and the one dodgy stall-holder (who needs to be identified and outed, word put around the festivals). As for the prices quoted by various people then with the possible exception of the beer it doesn't sound too bad. I was t the Welsh Food Fair today where £3.50/4.00 a burger or a puny bowl of something or other was the norm. I guess we've always paid a premium for being a captive audience at fests and it may have something to do with what organisers charge for concessions, bearing in mind stall holders need to make their cut otherwise there's no point them doing it.

Oh, and also my sympathy to the guy who was spiked, never a clever thing to do to anyone. What if it was a child who picked up the drink and thought it would be a good idea to have a few illicit swigs? No, not cool at all.

On the whole, though, it sounds like a good time was had. Well done to all involved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:07 am 

Good Things
Dave and Kris
You lot .....The atmosphere was so good it made all the hard work sleepless nights worth it !
Margaret and Rose the Guvnors
Kev and Russ
Dave and Cheryl
Roustabout for Marquees and the battery charger
The Pixies for being so good with the kids
Dani for being a mate as always
Jan,Keef,Nick,Ian, The Hawkwind technicians and true friends
Chaoss illuminations
Martin Krell the one and only
Laura and Steff for being beautiful
Dibs,Nial,Richard and Tim for being dear friends

All the site crew well done guys
Every band i saw
Tarantism- Mel as always for keeping us in order,,Andy and Jon for the herbal welcome as we pulled on site.
Here and Now Lost their van and Back-line and still blew us away good friends
Aurora told ya you'd be playing and i got to see you twice
Starfighters thanks chaps for letting Dani play
Headjam brilliant
Honky Dub last time we were all site crew at Eastern Haze great set
Krankschaft what can i say "He wears a bucket on his head"
Girlschool love em make it look so easy
Nanobots number 7 yes!
Tribe Of Crow it was a real family affair
Rizz Hot Steppers Great to see Rizz on drums wot a star
Familiar Looking Strangers
Flutations
Gaia
Marion Huw Lloyd Langton Group What a legend and dear friends
Hawkwind best set for a long time
TOSH loved it Thanx Steve for helping out.
All the other bands i missed
Tonys Coffee what a character
Toby and Malinkeys
Darren's pies for what he did at the gate gentleman
Eves Tipis looked amazing!
SI and Neil for some great photos

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest