Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Big thank you from The Starfighters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:45 pm 

We all had the most amazing time and it was so cool to meet so many friends - old and new. Just really want to say thanks to everybody who made it happen.

Post subject: Re: Big thank you from The Starfighters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:28 am 

A Huge thanks to The Starfighters for helping to make hawkfest a really memorable occasion. Many thanks also, Jaime, Aaron, sharon and Lugi for making the time to talk to us after the gig. we loved the set, your own songs as well as Bob Calvert's. Asgard is brilliant. Please try to come to Liverpool, if you do we'll bring the crowd. The Kasimir would be a good venue with plenty of atmosphere or the Mathew Street Festival.. The Starfighters with Mugstar as support what a good way to go (just wishful thinking). Good luck with the rest of your gigs!

Aaron how can I get your starfighters sound from my westone spectrum?

Love and peace,

Mark, Peter & Ulrike.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 am 

DITTO DITTO DITTO. You played a blinder and I love every second of it. My inane dancing was uncontrolable.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 pm 

Your gig was simply great, so no wonder that the audience was "starfightering".... :wink:

Thank you The Starfighters...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:45 pm 

I'm really glad you made it. I thought the set was great and enjoyed our chat by the bar later.
I managed to get some great photo's of the band so I'll get another album set up for facebook with them in it.
Look forward to seeing the band again soon maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:50 pm 

Ah, unfortunately, i missed the set, but saw you about.

Did catch you in 2008 though.

I will always remember being outside the Town and Country Club on the Black Rhino gig 1988 (was it?), as a teenager, seeing you guys turn up (minus bob), and having seen the starfighters a couple of times previously (jolly boatman/ clarendon), thinking what dudes you were, all dressed in black and leather....

Great to see you still around....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 pm 

Manwolf wrote:Ah, unfortunately, i missed the set, but saw you about.

Did catch you in 2008 though.

I will always remember being outside the Town and Country Club on the Black Rhino gig 1988 (was it?), as a teenager, seeing you guys turn up (minus bob), and having seen the starfighters a couple of times previously (jolly boatman/ clarendon), thinking what dudes you were, all dressed in black and leather....

Great to see you still around....

Ahhhhh, I remember that day. We hired a car, Bob went with my cousin Pete and Mark in the Van with all the gear. We had another gig in Northampton after that one (and we wanted to make a weekend of it, Bob wanted to get back-) so sadly we missed the Hawks play. Still we managed to get our set recorded via the mixing desk - it remains mine and Aarons favourite gig. I recall we played our interpretation of "Purple Haze", something Aaron and me thought of doing at Hawkfest but never got around to doing. Got the Klubfoot and Jolly Boatman gigs recorded too, also from the mixing desk.

The black leather jacket I got from my cousin, I swapped it for a guitar, a fender mustang which was used on the Test-Tbe Conceived CD. I should be getting said guitar back soon.

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest