Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: TTAB sets HAWKWIND Hearing for April 24 at Silicon Valle
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:38 am 

Any updates?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:51 am 

The latest submittal is an Appearance Record dated April, 24, 2017.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:13 pm 

24 April was the day of the verbal submissions (by video link). After which, the case was over, and the judges then went off to make a decision. We heard that this might take a few weeks.

So we're unlikely to hear anything until the end of May, or even later.

A description of the Hearing on 24 April appeared online 2 days later -

http://thettablog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/0 ... phael.html

And I did a write-up of the four-year "trial" for Gonzo Magazine the following weekend -

https://www.flipsnack.com/9FE5CEE9E8C/gonzo-232.html

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:47 pm 

cheers for the update, Graham ~
as you pointed out in your article,
the board merely decides if NT has a right to apply for a trademark in the U.S.. If they decide he may not, then
(anyone please correct me if I am wrong) Dave can pursue a lawsuit in United States federal court on trademark violation, should Mr. Turner continue to masquerade with a bogus version of Hawkwind.

I am wondering, should the ttab rule against NT would it then pave the way for Dave to apply for the mark in the US? Or would UK registration then be recognized internationally between the two countries?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:06 am 

2012 roadhawks.jpg
2012 roadhawks.jpg [ 137.16 KiB | Viewed 994 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:07 am 

Nice shirt!
I've often thought that to be Jherek Carnelian piloting the steam engine
type vehicle.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:54 pm 

Nice article there, Graham.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:10 pm 

Jimski wrote:From KRis

"Good evening folks!...The news from US is positive so far! No decision as yet, but we did not expect a decision tonight anyway...The Hawkwind case was put articulately and was well received by the judges.

Evan Cohen, the attorney for Turner, conceded that there was confusion, but argued that the fanbase was so small that it didn't matter....Other points such as priority were argued on both sides and questioned by the judges.

We do not know how it is going to go, hats off to our team, who were cool, collected, informed and answered every question put to them...Any shaky hands, nervousness and question avoidance was not present in the Hawkwind team ;-) More news as soon as we have it :-) xxx"

Hawkwinds fan base or knowledge of the band is Soooo much larger then what he is presenting otherwise start a band without "Hawkwind" in it...ooh yeah that right Hawkwind has Acknowledgement and have Influenced many bands and genres from Punk to Electronic Dance Music...ect Hawkwind is much larger and more well known then NT's Inner $hitty Unit.... Dave did him a favor and out of the goodness of his heart... I don't think many of us would have known of ICU if it wasn't for NT bringing ICU at gigs and allowed to do a song of theirs and on Albums ICU had the one good song IMHO "Watching the grass go" and maybe "Raj Neesh" for shits and giggles on Friends & Relations albums :/..Maybe NT should go back to "Uncle Nik & The ETs doing "Phone Home Elliot"(Also on a Friends & Relations album) but go a step further and F**k off home!!!...He's doing this $hit for the Money as he's other bands have never really made it but I'm sure everyone knew this already :/...NT has pis$ed on every US/CAN True Hawkwind fan's and New comers parade of seeing them live by doing this $hit!...God forbid if NT wins I think we should try as a community to try our best to get every show his does or release gets Boycotted/ bad reviews..etc...Anyway...Sorry for the rant but sometimes things do need to said without all of the politeness ( I'm Not "PC"at all anyways but that don't make me a bad person at all..A bit naughty at times:D but not Bad ) Anyway the guy is a wanker :D ...This $hit really pisses me off...Dave is the true Captain of this Ship with it's Nuclear Drive that I hope it keep's going and going... :mrgreen: BTW... to all...Thanks for all the updates on this Inner Shitty Circus( I know bad Bad Pun) and keeping everyone posted..Just hope this thread ends soon and for the right reasons :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:52 pm 

Any word yet? I assume not or there would have been an update

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:22 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
In not unrelated news, I see Cleopatra have been trying to cash in on Lynryd Skynryd via their ex-drummer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lynyrd-skynyrd-sue-former-drummer-over-biopic-plans-w488671

Far be it from me to cast doubt on the company that Cleopatra decide to do business with, but the following quote struck me as... interesting:

"The lawsuit notes that, since his departure, Pyle has had "numerous run-ins with the law," including pleading guilty "to charges of attempted capital sexual battery and to lewdly fondling, assaulting or simulating sexual acts on two female children, ages 4 and 8."

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Post subject: Nobility
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:46 am 

Jimski wrote:In not unrelated news, I see Cleopatra have been trying to cash in on Lynryd Skynryd via their ex-drummer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lynyrd-skynyrd-sue-former-drummer-over-biopic-plans-w488671

Far be it from me to cast doubt on the company that Cleopatra decide to do business with, but the following quote struck me as... interesting:

"The lawsuit notes that, since his departure, Pyle has had "numerous run-ins with the law," including pleading guilty "to charges of attempted capital sexual battery and to lewdly fondling, assaulting or simulating sexual acts on two female children, ages 4 and 8."

...eQ...

'not related' except for the company which seemingly appears wherever dubious business and seedy characters crawl out from dark places to exploit others' brand recognition. I find this story not one bit surprising ~ exploitation at every change of the pound.

I'm proud of Dave & Kris and Hawkwind that they've refused to be bought, compromised, or otherwise reduced to the level of such business practices ~ even having turned away from vast sums in order to preserve personal and artistic integrity. I know that they care about their fans everywhere; it is eminently clear by the hard work and creative excellence put into their recordings, made available everywhere, that as artists they serve their fans and dedication to art as noble individuals.

Long And High May True Hawks Fly

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat