Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Roadhawks Poster
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:18 pm 

Hi all

Does anyone know of a good source where I could get a large Roadhawks poster, even a good quality reproduction poster, without having to pay through the nose for it?

Cheers

Quarky

Post subject: Re: Roadhawks Poster
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 pm 

hawkwind-roadhawks-uk-lp-1st-press-w-poster-sticker-1-2-plays-mint-minus_1620849.jpg
hawkwind-roadhawks-uk-lp-1st-press-w-poster-sticker-1-2-plays-mint-minus_1620849.jpg [ 33.23 KiB | Viewed 721 times ]

HawkwindPoster_RoadHawks.jpg
HawkwindPoster_RoadHawks.jpg [ 41.64 KiB | Viewed 721 times ]

I called a friend who can tolerate 90F heat and humidity much better then me, has "heat stress" medication and also personal automotive transport, as well as past experience "repo-ing" things, just to test the waters.
I will not push him but it's a foot in door and I asked him to think about it.

Do not see one apart from buying an LP at this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:43 am 

I don't know how large you're looking for but I bought an 8x10 or 11x17 a few years ago off ebay and it wasn't too expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:42 pm 

Hi guys
Thanks Lord of the Hornets. I am looking for a larger poster of the Roadhawks cover.
Guess I will put a bid in for one of the old LPs on ebay.
I used to have a Hall Of The Mountain Grill poster which was plenty big. Mistake selling that....
All the best
Quarky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:24 pm 

Google images, pick the highest resolution, download image to, save as, export to flashdrive, take to local printing shop. Choose gloss or matt finsih.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:09 pm 
Actually, I *could* design one - I make my own band posters. Anything up to 30". The slight, er, problem is that it'd be a copyright infringement. ;-)

This is on the wall in my music den - it's for my own band. 30 inches. I can do bigger posters. This is my own artwork, incidentally.....

0004932833_10.jpg
0004932833_10.jpg [ 245.76 KiB | Viewed 419 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:11 pm 
You CAN actually go up to A0 in size. 841x1189mm. Requires quite a big wall. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm 
This is A1 size.

11863288_1884227188469382_24731769998065688_n.jpg
11863288_1884227188469382_24731769998065688_n.jpg [ 11.32 KiB | Viewed 414 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:16 pm 
PS getting the highest res image on the internet won't necessarily produce a good result. You really need a HUGE image at 300 DPI, otherwise it has the, er, ten yard look.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:21 pm 

one could conceivably do a Warhol;
with a 'somewhat-less-than hi-res' image taken from the internet, and a light projector, one then paints directly over the projected image, which serves as a luminous 'template'. I actually conceived of and used this technique several times in various houses I've lived in before learning that Andy Warhol has been credited with being the first to adopt the method...warped minds think alike !

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat