Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Will Hawkwind ever...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:52 pm 

Tour the US again?..Their last US tour was canceled due to Dave health probs at that time...Anyone got a clue if this will ever happen??

Post subject: Re: Will Hawkwind ever...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:27 pm 

132 views and not a peep?...Any other US based fans here who would also like to see a US tour happen in the near future?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:59 pm 

This is one of those really difficult issues and certainly in my case it was not rudeness..

I personally do not expect a USA tour ever again but am well aware the possibility exists and if they announce it one day, and it is coming into my zone, I will be excited like child, in a way.

I have been a fan so long and so deep they can do no wrong and a fart would likely be acceptable :)

My imagination imagines that they will wait until all legal situations are cleared away.
Just my imagination

cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:27 pm 

mike coleman wrote:This is one of those really difficult issues and certainly in my case it was not rudeness..

I personally do not expect a USA tour ever again but am well aware the possibility exists and if they announce it one day, and it is coming into my zone, I will be excited like child, in a way.

I have been a fan so long and so deep they can do no wrong and a fart would likely be acceptable :)

My imagination imagines that they will wait until all legal situations are cleared away.
Just my imagination

cheers

Cheers Mike and thanks for your input!...yeah I feel pretty much the same way("I have been a fan so long and so deep they can do no wrong and a fart would likely be acceptable :)")..Even though I only got into HW from the early 80's I saw them at any chance I could when I lived home (UK)...Even at Stonehenge 84 what I can remember :D...The last time I saw them here in the US was just after I got here in 91 in New York City...I was really looking forward to there last tour here in the US but like stated it was canceled 2013 :(...If I had the cash I would fly back home to see there gigs but it would cost me thousand$ for every UK tour...BTW..I know some people here keep away from me due to my screen name (Silly really ) but when I lived in Hollywood, CA from 92 to 95..I met Lemmy 2 times at the Rainbow rooms and I can say without a doubt he would have gotten a kick out of it...We had very similar humor and loved a good/bad joke :D....anyway.. Over the years living in the US...I have turned so many people onto HW..2 of them were hardcore Grateful dead heads who have completely turned over to HW and can't get enough of them and would love to see them live after I showed them (Before Youtube was around) the VHS tape of "Night of the Hawks" but even more so now they can watch them anytime on youtube and see what a great show they put on but it's no substitute of the whole HW experience seeing them live :)...BTW if you don't mind me asking...are you also in the US?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:48 pm 

I'm in USA, you have slight "seniority" over me!!!

Didn't think the slightest negative thing about the ghost, and I was braced to meet Lemmy once when my friend in Illinois was looking for an autograph but Iommi was all there was to be had on the bus :)

Lemmy once upset my friend by grabbing a paper he had in his hand and just autographing it automatically, when he was being interviewed for a local cable show by my friend's friend :)

"I didn't want his autograph" proclaims Christopher Funk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:42 pm 

Most of us aren't trying to be obstinate it's just the human sewage that's
dragging Dave Brock through the California courts that puts people on guard.
If it wasn't for all that sh*t, we'd have seen HAWKWIND in America on numerous occasions.
Those sockcuckers have deprived us 45 year fans of a passion we live by.
Fukem,...they'll never break the HAWKWIND spirit, the sum is greater than the parts.
Whatever course the Cap'n and crew decide is fine by me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:26 am 

voilodian ghagnasdiak wrote:Most of us aren't trying to be obstinate it's just the human sewage that's
If it wasn't for all that sh*t, we'd have seen HAWKWIND in America on numerous occasions.
Fukem,...they'll never break the HAWKWIND spirit, the sum is greater than the parts.

Preach it Brother!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:26 am 

WIN_20170605_19_22_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170605_19_22_49_Pro.jpg [ 71.54 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]

momentary break politically incorrect use of polyproduct

second batch :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:49 pm 

voilodian ghagnasdiak wrote:Most of us aren't trying to be obstinate it's just the human sewage that's

Yeah It's F**king disgusting whats going on there...BTW was you at the Hawkwind show in 89 at the Diamond Club, Toronto?...If so we might of met in passing:)...I also lived in Toronto from 87 to 90

Last edited by Lemmys ghost on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:55 pm 

mike coleman wrote:I'm in USA, you have slight "seniority" over me!!!

Didn't think the slightest negative thing about the ghost, and I was braced to meet Lemmy once when my friend in Illinois was looking for an autograph but Iommi was all there was to be had on the bus :)

Lemmy once upset my friend by grabbing a paper he had in his hand and just autographing it automatically, when he was being interviewed for a local cable show by my friend's friend :)

"I didn't want his autograph" proclaims Christopher Funk

He was really a down to earth guy...I felt very comfortable around him like a old mate...BTW "Hell" isn't NJ is it?...coz I'm in Hell...lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 am 

LG Wrote: "BTW was you at the Hawkwind show in 89 at the Diamond Club, Toronto?...If so we might of met in passing:)..."

Yes sir, I was at the Diamond Club show with my 2 brothers, 1 cousin and my brothers friend.
We were right up front, dancing and stopping some rowdies from climbing up on stage.
It escalated to a point where we all went outside of the club.
It turned out that they weren't HAWKWIND fans at all, just a bunch of no-goodniks trying
to wreck a beautiful event.
My brothers and I climbed up the inside of the building and partied with the band
for 3 hours after the show.
A bunch of true gentlemen they were.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:46 am 

Forgive me Mike if I have told this all before..

My San diego Bachanal experience went slighty alternate than yours

Acid dealer (who I had already been talking to in hotel room previous day or day before) (also from Texas), shows up for about the last 30 minutes and dancing around near the front of stage like a grateful dead concert (it was a sight to see) and I'm drunk as skunk from jack daniels (in the back by the bar, logically) whooping and hollering like we Texans do only I'm the worst one when it's my second HW show ever and the road lag is finally ending and I can actually SEE the band (the palace was mobbed), standing on a chair staring at Brock.
I had a guy write his number down and hand it up to me. (it said "Hawkfan Adrian, or whatever the name was)
Never called!!
Pretty sure Richard and then girlfriend came out to get a load of the acid dealer (in the parking lot) afterwards :) and see what he was "about" :)

BTW, we almost got in a fight with a couple of the St. Vitus guys until they heard we were from Texas, simply by the way (my friends, I think) looked :)
I think they sensed "alien-not-from-LA-'cool'" and it befuddled them :)
That was likely on our night off from HW, and I would have likely just run :)

politely @ Lemmy's Ghost....
let's see, I guess I'm not actually in hell because I got a load of the humidity in Houston 95 at a (name reserved) concert and Houston is one of the HELLS for sure.
Also, just before THAT show was over, somebody who had climbed up a lighting post or something, fell off down into the creek (pretty far below), and the show ended a bit too soon and I recall staring down along with T Grenas and several others wondering if a death had occurred.
I do not recall seeing him down there but my sense was we might have witnessed one.
It CAN'T have been good, it was an outdoor show by the way.
Also, when I came to NY for Hawkwind my friend was so "horrified" of New jersey he would skirt as far around it as he could :)
Can't say I "feel" your pain but I have HEARD about it!!!
(just not sure what it was) :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:40 am 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/as ... spartanntp

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat