Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Hawkwind Rockfield 77 Album - what's on it?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 pm 

Hi all

Driving me mad the not knowing about the Hawkwind 77 album to be released by Cherry Red.
Does anyone who was at The Hawkfest have any more snippets of info that they can share about it?
Wouldn't it be great if there are some unheard songs?

I keep coming back to the Quark/PXR5/25 Years CDs as my go-to-Hawkwind! Anyone else find this era irresistible?

Quarky

Post subject: Re: Hawkwind Rockfield 77 Album - what's on it?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:59 pm 

It must be time for me to put some music on, sorry gents

Last edited by mike coleman on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:10 pm 

Not THAT 77 album, Mike. Dave announced in an interview that there's an album of unreleased material from Rockfield recorded in '77.

Since my introduction to the band was 'Quark ..' and that era has always held a special place in my heart, I'm awaiting any news with baited breath.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:16 pm 

Yes Steam.

Time to put some more of that stuff on my stereo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:21 pm 

Anybody contacted Cherry Red??? Have to say I'm seriously interested to know whats included!!! Will it be new stuff? Mixture of some new stuff and different versions of tracks already released? Or all different versions of previously released stuff and live stuff (i.e. studio version of Robot).

I mean, "We Like To Be Frightened" and the other PXR5 bonus stuff came out of nowhere!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:52 pm 

I agree, the PXR5 bonus tracks were brilliant - and as you say, a wonderful surprise.

Hoping for more of the same!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:02 pm 

My favourite HW era, just ahead of the UA years. My strategy is to forget about this so I don't get too excited! It could all just be Watchfield-style cosmic jams and Neu-inspired pulse tracks (not that that's bad or anything, just not the next Robot or Damnation Alley that just got left in the vaults gathering dust)...

I expect to be disappointed, but hope I won't.

If someone had told you a decade ago a previously unreleased late 70's Hawkwind track recorded by Calvert solo later on existed and was getting released, who would have guessed it would be 'We Like To Be Frightened'?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:29 am 

I do not care what is on it really. I will not be disappointed. I am not expecting a classic however.

The details of the game...

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat