Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Motorhead
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:08 pm 

hey mr BlackAdder; What can you tell me about the Mick Farren & The Deviants, 1977 ep 'Screwed Up' ?
I'm looking at buying it for my 'Stiff Records' collection & am not so familiar with their work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:24 pm 

Well smug. It is Farren, Larry wallis, Paul Rudolph there. 'shock horror' is very good song, there is different version re-release from deviants 'lets loot supermarket...' and two new songs 'screwed up' which is good and 'outrageous contageious' which is solid. These last two they played on live album 'human garbage' too. This EP sounds very hmmm punk i could say. Its nice, you will not get wrong with it. 'shock horror' song is more than great.

By the way, I have one copy to sell. It is vg+ condition. here is my list, and if you choose something dont make order, let me know here I will give you cheaper. This my list is for info:

http://sofrec.musicstack.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:50 pm 

WIN_20170603_17_36_29_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170603_17_36_29_Pro.jpg [ 129 KiB | Viewed 116 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:08 pm 

Cover album compilation will be released in September. Odd choice of songs if you ask me, except Bowie and Stones. Some of them we have on Motorhead albums, some bad ones are here like 'whiplash' and 'breaking the law' and 'starstruck'. There are more covers but they choosed these. They should do it a double album and put all covers what they did not only as Motorhead, Lemmy with others too. Lemmy's solo album will be released too.

http://imotorhead.com/motorhead-to-release-under-cover/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:19 pm 

Ya think?

WIN_20170722_15_17_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170722_15_17_18_Pro.jpg [ 95.35 KiB | Viewed 87 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 pm 

Yea, I do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:14 pm 

indeed! - Lem was awesome at the Hawkestra as were all - Space Is Deep was class with both the great Lemmy and Dave 'doing their stuff' - the next night was also brill - 25th motorhead anniversary?! - it get's vague! - i really enjoyed hawkwind that night - i know this won't go down well but anyway - i enjoyed Nik and the gang - colossal - what an occasion!- as regards heavy 3 piece's - seen budgie in '82 and teddy nugent about 10 years ago in dublin - real heavy - kicked off with stormtroopin'! - he kicked off early due to non attendance i guess - politics/bush jnr rant - gave me his plectrum! - take things for what they are - escapism i guess!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:38 pm 

I thought he was good in "The Beguiled"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 pm 

O yes, he with Hawkwind always welcome. There are aprox (I dont include The Head Cat songs) 20 songs covers or little bit more. So I think they could do double album and put all there. They didnt. Most stupid thing is they put on here songs 'hellraiser', 'cat scratch fever', 'symphaty for the devil' and 'god save the queen' which all fans have on regular albums. There are more rare stuff out there. So track list is a bit odd. Considering Lemmy attitude to rnr, metallica and Priest cover and Dio cover should be last one to put on compilation, but if you have double album and you want all songs what Motorhead or Lemmy with other guys did than fine. But puting this song, plus those 4 which are popular from regular albums (but I like them) and not puting some rare stuff thats just stupid. Ok, if its gonna be Vol 2 or something with rest of the material than ok, but if not, its not good selection of songs.

By the way, I never listened or liked Twisted Sister, but, there is one real RNR (even they are not rnr band, I think) song from their first album which Motorhead covered and it will be on this compilation. You can hear it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK-GgK1xVT0

Its kick in a teeth realy, and like some people put there comments like 'this song is like it was writen for Motorhead' I kind of agree with them. I listened online that album from Twisted sister and dont like it at all, but this song is realy good, Motorhead version of course.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:45 pm 

I fucking can't stand TS for a Nano second, other than I like listening to Snyder speak well enough and JJ tried out for KISS back in the day

I am aware that Lemmy saved them from a BRUTAL arse demolishing and then fucked with their head but good.

"Now announce me"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 pm 

Okay then, interrupting Van Der Graaf Generator Live at Leverkusen 2005 (Rockpalast full concert) to check it out but no promises :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:54 pm 

Yes add that to my keeper list with Whiplash but lose anything visually associated with TS, please!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:01 pm 

way out of me debt here - Lemmy was a rock god in my opinion - album wise after 'The Ace Of Spades' i just couldn't hack it - plus the Wendy o' williams (r.i.p) - with eddie - apparently fast eddy was still painting and decorating when the acer of spades hit top of the the pops - a young bloke in the house came out to him when he was painting and said something like 'mister, you're on the telly'! - r 'n'.roll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:02 pm 

Yes. Well, how Motorhead did that song it feels like 'this is how it should sound' :)

I listened original and its worse than Motorhead cover. Again some people said, again in some way I agree, that when Motorhead cover your song than its their song not yours anymore :)

They covered songs to sound like Motorhead dirty rnr. They tried many others but it cant work with every song but in some cases like those cover songs which will be released and others which are not, it worked. Some songs sound amazing, better than original.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:04 pm 

I'm on Eddie's side.

Not a good fit with that track. (SBYM)

the ears BLEED

Girlschool, however

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkYQrsXevYI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business