Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 450 quid?
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:42 pm 

black adder wrote: I know about this sleeves. Paper outside but inside polyethylene, they are the so called the best BUT I don't like them because of one pure reason. I had problems with them because they are not fit in every sleeve, specialy not in 12" EP 45rpm stuff. So I like only the ones I showed you couple pages back. The outer sleeve what you showed is something what I use, they are very good and accurate dimensions.

Dear Black Adder:

INCORRECT

Leaving the Vikmarlo style pyrotechnical aspects aside, they are trying to be an upgrade to these:

WIN_20170512_11_33_18_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170512_11_33_18_Pro.jpg [ 83.33 KiB | Viewed 510 times ]

which means, to put it simple, they are like your sleeves only without sticking you with a rounded bottom and including a piece of rice paper INSIDE ONE SIDE of the plastic.

Please watch video

The ones I have tried to show you will have the paper on BOTH sides but INSIDE the plastic

I will sample them.

also please read the user comments

(I was asked to do so myself by sleeve sugar daddy :))

The ones I pictured above (Mobile Fidelity) look like this with record inside:

WIN_20170511_21_33_11_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170511_21_33_11_Pro.jpg [ 119.85 KiB | Viewed 510 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:51 pm 

Can anyone explain to me what the rounded bottoms are actually designed FOR??

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:37 pm 

:? :? :D :D
WIN_20170512_12_30_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170512_12_30_36_Pro.jpg [ 77.72 KiB | Viewed 484 times ]

Ever seen THESE?? :lol:

They are HEAVY HARD HUGE rigid but clear plastic.
They are one of sleeve sugar daddy's failed experiments but as it happens are now what I keep my still sealed single LP's in and also delicate fragile 12" sleeves

I can drop the entire thing on the floor and the LP will be fine.

@Jimski-
Hopefully you understand how we kollektors can easily get carried away with our Tonka toys...sometimes in other's sandboxes

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:44 pm 

Mike I was thinkin on this one:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:51 pm 

These have plastic inside and paper around. These sometimes doesnt fit to well in some LP sleeves, and are not good for 12" Singles because 12" Singles and EP's have on backside cut edge where you put record in sleeve and thats not all

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:54 pm 

I had same this inners for 7" too. They were to big to fit in some singles. Just what I showed you for lp's and same for 7" fit realy well. But maybe manufacturer at your place makes better ones.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:58 pm 

[quote="black adder"]Mike I was thinkin on this one:

Yes!!

That DAMNED puffiness

Been there....

One of my concerns about these new ones, especially in friend Pierre's case, since he just LOVES using the mobile fidelity sleeves inserted down inside the factory (picture/lyric) inner sleeves and is blessed with the ability to gently handle all his toys with clean hands, etc

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:00 pm 

and OH YES, the DAMNED CATCHING SNAGGING of the DAMNED glued seems, etc

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:05 pm 

Guessing Jimski wont mind, as all of us on ere are watching that 1st blue Liberty he pointed us toward.
Who's gonna take the plunge now.....
shame we can't have a share each.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:27 pm 

smugdruggler wrote:Guessing Jimski wont mind, as all of us on ere are watching that 1st blue Liberty he pointed us toward.
Who's gonna take the plunge now.....
shame we can't have a share each.

Look inside "Royal mind" greatly appreciated but may I suggest last 12 (or less) minutes instead of days since there is no way to k now anything until then?? :wink: :lol:

edit: Oh buy it now
Maybe it's set a bit too high then, dunno

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:12 pm 

no sale at that

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:09 pm 

seller is davepxr5, on ebay since 2005 so good chance a member of this forum as well; description given should have been revised prior to listing, giving prospective buyer a better idea of the degree of background crackle (slight? = virtually extinguishable using plug-in, such as Sonic Solutions NoNOISE TDM, for conversion to digital file;
moderate? = some surface noise will still be detectable with cautious noise reduction )

Purely as an artifact, is listed with option to make an offer; item worth what someone is willing to pay.

excellent condition is not mint,
so will depend on how many (if any) actual mint copies of this item are known to exist

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:19 pm 

Musicstack good stuff:

http://sofrec.musicstack.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc