Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Friends and Family
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:50 pm 

I think it is far tosay one of the things that eperates Hawkwind from the rest is that they don't just have a following... it's almost an extended family (friends and relations says it all i guess).

I didn't knowJason personally, but we all fel the loss...

Another fine (silver) machine has taken off andillbe greatly missed...

Pod

Post subject: Tribute...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:52 pm 

Too soon I know, but from those I have spoken to, there woukd be a lot of support for a tribute gig for Jason... a fitting send off and a lasting memory...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:21 pm 

Yes, I'll certainly think of him when I see the band on the December tour.

As a back-up, the Astoria 2007 Knights DVD will remind me of him, should my ageing drug-addled braincells need any prompting on this matter!

Post subject: Astoria 2008
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:16 am 

Assuming the dates will stand, I reckon the the Astoria would be the ideal venue for a tribute to Jason, something different, in keeping with Jason..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:46 am 

graham wrote:As a back-up, the Astoria 2007 Knights DVD will remind me of him, should my ageing drug-addled braincells need any prompting on this matter!

i guess this is where i am very lucky as i have the honour of having the hawkfest from 2007 footage which jason features in quite a lot. i have already 're-lived' some moments this way.

i shall never forget him

http://www.sdcomputing.co.uk

all of us are in the gutter but some of us are looking to the stars

ROOK MET MATE

Post subject: Hawfest Video 2007
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:46 pm 

Hey Sideards,

Any chance of sharing some of the footage with the rest of us ? (don't know about copyright etc), but we will all love to see some video footage of Jason 'doing his thang' as it seems more real than photo's...

Any chance of Dave putting some on the site or Forum? Would be good. :idea:

Jason's not been with the band all that long, but he seems to have made a lasting impression on everyone. I guess it brings home the fact that none of us are getting younger, and some of us have burnt the candle at both ends, so should be thanksful for still being here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:41 pm 

i didnt personally know the man,but like all other hawk friends,i could say that his loss is personal to us all as hawkwind are part of all our families.his departing is too soon and my thoughts and prayers are for his family.love and peace.

Post subject: Fest 2009 !!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:46 pm 

Hi W1nd1sm,

Tell the missues you'll bring a strong box to stand on, and none of this 'passive' lark !! If she stands on a box, according to the laws of physics, she will of course inhale more... then she won't be down about the gig! :lol:

If its any help, my other half is part pixie as well and doesn't bode well at busy gigs, she had the time of her life at Hawfest though...

Last year was my first Hawkfest, been a hawkfan for donkey's but never been able to get time off work for the Fest... having had a taste of it, you'll not be stopping me next year, and I'll be bringing a small army of like minded peeps too... I remeber some of the flyers for Stonehenge '88, " Bring a friend... or ten"... just waiting for the dates to be confirmed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:28 am 

thanks for that man words of encouragement are always welcome and like you i will be comin to fest09 with a few hawkwind addicts too..with the wife in tow on the back of my bike.keep the faith man.love and peace

Board index » Test category 1 » Jason Stuart