Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Motorhead
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 pm 

Yes, I dont buy from Russia either. They are sometimes problems with delivery and people there (not all) have wrong description of vinyl condition. And you must wait long to get it. With cd's is easy for condition, but there many russian unofficial pressing so dont trust them to much. When buying vinyl, condition problems, be very careful for ex Yugoslavia (where I came from), Greece and specialy France. For many years I never got cheated in a way that I didnt receive my item, but those guys don't know what Near Mint condition means. For them Near Mint is actualy vg+. For them Mint condition is used record, but still dont have cracking. So be careful. Many years experience from me. If there is something rare and you dont have a choice, than write to those sellers before ordering to tell you exactly how item looks and maybe even send you photos on email.

When you buying vinyl from UK, only problem (and not only UK but mostly) is when you buy cheap records, for few pounds. They like to cheat you because shipping is so expensive they figure you will not pay again shipping to send it back. I bought one record for one pound + shipping from one girl seller from UK, I ask her to check out again record is it really NM condition, she said she looked and that it is (and she have a lot almost 100 percent positive feedback on her account). I got record it was pure vg condition. And I gave her negative feedback and payed again shipping to send that back. I wrote on negative feedback that all buyers should teach lesson those sellers even if record is one pound we will turn it back and activate case on paypal against seller. Like I did. SO massage is, yes I will pay again shipping and you will not get away with it.

Few times with french sellers same situation, those never heard what is NM condition. All these situations were from discogs sellers. I never had this with ebay sellers. I noticed if record is at least 10 pounds or more, than sellers from UK are ok, but if you buying cheap record watch it.

And if you buy that bootleg Vik, tell us what kind of sound it is. Good or bad. I actualy dont buy bootlegs, most of them are very bad sound, at least from Motorhead. Few semi-offical yes, but pure bootlegs no.. But some people like to buy bootlegs and invastigate, thats cool buy me, but I will not have them in my collection, maybe like you do, buy them, invastigate about them, sell them :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm 

Cheers, Black Adder ~ thank you again for the informative advice,
that is all very much appreciated.
I actually do not buy very often at Discogs, and then only CDs, mostly because I am too fussy about vinyl and whatnot ~ so I gave up the vinyl many years ago. But still, I like my CDs to be in mint condition too, just fussy about everything that way. I will buy CDs that are Japan release , even those are not usually factory-sealed (stretch wrap anyone can make) or those re-sealable clear plastic slip sleeves, but because CD is always high quality manufactured I will take the chance. So far I've been very lucky with the few sellers I worked with in the past. Only once in a while it will say factory seal but is stretch wrap instead. I understand that in some parts of Europe CDs don't come from factory with pressed cellophane package like in U.S. and Canada, so there is no way to tell if it is used. If the CD is mint, it should not matter except that if someone handles the disc improperly, such as exposure to water or cleaning chemicals which absorb into the polycarbonate surface and destroy the disc over time. that's why mostly I only buy pressed cellophane sealed from factory, which is sometime rare on private sellers market

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:08 pm 

Any time Vik :)

Yes I like cd's too. Cd's and vinyl. I am little bit more in vinyl last two years because I gave up vinyl too before and now Im buying again some stuff. Not all, but some. Cd was my main media, maybe still is, but there are some stuff on vinyl only or some stuff are better on vinyl some not. Depends. I like them both, maybe just little bit cd more than vinyl but I like them both.

Cd if there is no scrathes it doesnt matter is it sealed or not, only press must be original, numbers right on disc and sleeve etc... if press is right and no scrathes, booklet clean, than its all ok if you ask me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:25 pm 

So which live album from Motorhead is best? :)

I look: performance, sound, atmosphere, set list.
They dont have to be in this order but these one I found the best:

1. The Birthday Party (1985)
2. Everything Louder Than Everyone Else (1998)
3. Live At Brixton Academy (2000)
4. Better Motorhead Than Dead (2005)

Rest of the live albums:

1. Blitzkreig On Birmingham (Receiver Records, band approval, Eddie Clarke exclusive rights, 1977)
2. Iron Fist And The Hordes From Hell (Chiswick/Big Beat/Cleopatra, 1978)
3. Lock Up Your Daughters (Receiver Records, band approval, Eddie Clarke exclusive rights, 1978)
4. No Sleep Til Hammersmith (Bronze, 1981)
5. Jailbait (Receiver Records (Receiver Records, band approval, Eddie Clarke exclusive rights, 1982)
6. Live '83 (Sheffield Universety. Castle/Dojo 1983)
7. Live At Manchester (Castle/Dojo 1983)
8. King Biscuit Flower Hour - Live New York (King Bicuit, 1983, Part of the show radio broadcast + 20min interview from 1996)
9. Live At Brixton '87 (Roadrunner Records)
10. No Sleet At All (1988, GWR)
11. The World Is Ours Vol 1 (UDR, 2011)
12. The World Is Ours Vol 2 (UDR, 2011)
13. Clean Your Clock (UDR, 2015)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:31 pm 

Ha! I found this one less than 10$ on ebay few weeks ago, dont know how auction ended. Don't know how much of you know what is it, so.... After Lemmy/Lucas/Larry line up, and second line up Lemmy/Larry/Taylor after they finished 'On Parole' Dec.1975-Jan.1976, Larry goes out in March 1976 and Eddie Clarke comes/stays in. So, this new line up recorded this single in late 1976. I don't remember which month somewhere in my mind is Sept or Oct 1976. So this was first recording from this line up.

'White line fever' song is different version on single from "Motorhead" album version. Song "Leaving Here" from this line up and studio version you could only hear on this single. Later this single showed up as bonus on live album Jailbait. I have 'Jailbait' so thats why I never bought this single.

"Jailbait":

(here is japanese version Vik)

'Jailbait' was one of 5 albums supported by band from Eddie Clarke personal archive. It was signed 'under exclusive rights of Eddie Clarke', but like Eddie said, that was because Motorhead was on Court in that time so only he could be signed. Whatever he meant by that. Those albums are not such good sounding, more like good bootlegs, thats why many fans attacked Eddie for releasing this. Three live albums and two studio albums, on studio Lemmy did new vocals one three songs. Alan Burridge fan club boss was working with guy named Frank on covers for all albums, not band.

I agree that those albums shouldn't be released in this way, with that sound. Specialy live album 'Lock Up Your Daughters' which isnt bad except last song which is very bad recorded, why put that on album? Maybe because song was 'Instro' from 'Motorhead' album and you can only hear live version of this song here but you cant hear it if you know what I mean. Back to Jailbait.

Jailbait is double album. First disc is actualy vhs 'live in toronto'. But, 'Live in toronto' doesnt have 'Iron Fist' song, and this first disc have 'Iron Fist' song but doesn't have 'overkill' song which 'live in toronto' have. Second disc is part of the show from Bomber Tour and last two songs are single "Leaving Here / White Line Fever". Only those last two songs from single at begining and at the end have sound of aplauses from crowd, someone added crowd noise before and after but it is this studio single. So, actualy I have this single on this 'Jailbait' album, thats why I never bought single on vinyl and was always expensive.

Last edited by black adder on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:33 pm 

Buy the way, this single 'White Line Fever' was released as part of Stiff Box of 10 singles, but it was sold seperatly too later, because this Box was not going well, thats why they started to sell seperatly singles.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:43 am 

What's the 3 LP version of the 1st album being released for record store day? (got on it)

ps- interesting version of Jailbait. I sadly find it just about unlistenable. If I still had the LP I might try that and see if the vinyl "edge" matters to me on my system.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:37 pm 

This 3lp set of their second album it seems is: original album, Iron Fist And The Hordes From Hell (live 1978, or Whats Word Worth UK Release), and some bonus stuff I cant say which for now. I hope its not EP Beerdrinkers or some live stuff from Eddie.

Speaking of Eddie, yes Jailbait is not good sound, nothing from those 5 releases is not great sound, thats the biggest problem of those releases. And band and Lemmy him self was involved and approved releases, I dont know why. Idea is good, but problem is sound.

Jailbait I can listen but its not good sound, if you think that is bad, listen last song from "Lock Up your daughters". This album have better sound than Jailbait except last song, now that is unlistenable.

"Lock Up Your Daugters" have some interesting songs live. It is Live from St.Albans somewhere Sept or Oct 1978. Forgot. And you can hear here some live versions only here like (if we talk about official releases): Lost Johnny, I'll be your sister, Louie Louie, Tear Ya Down, Instro (this one you cant hear actualy :D)..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:44 pm 

On "Lock Up Your Daughters" they promoted fresh release of single Louie Louie / Tear Ya Down, and announcement of next album "Overkill" with "I'll be your sister" song.

From this 3lp record of "Motorhead" we will see what are those bonus material on third lp.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:27 pm 

Just yesterday, I finally was able to reap the purpose of the Jap CD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiXegi4k2B0

Attachments:
WIN_20170410_15_09_29_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170410_15_09_29_Pro.jpg [ 120.02 KiB | Viewed 126 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:29 pm 

I'm almost prepared to take a stab at (who the other band is) playing next door at the same time as Motorhead :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 pm 

WIN_20170411_15_30_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170411_15_30_55_Pro.jpg [ 152.09 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:51 am 

You play 'Lock Up Your Daughters'? :)

I see you are into Japanese releases, same as Vik :). I heard about quality but never like them, dont have them at all. Its language thing which I dont understand and same as Russia, many of them are not offical and sometimes is hard to say which is official. I have phylosophy of buying first releases, UK most of them. But if you like japanese releases fine with me :D. I know few guys here who like them, even dont know which bands they bought on japanese releases. But if you are bootleg collector too than maybe japanese bootlegs could have best sound? Anyway, nice to see that you have still sealed cd's??? I dont know how can you not be curious to see whats inside :) I know one guy, he buy two of the same releases, same country. Sometimes two cd's, he listen one and other he keep sealed. Or he buy cd and vinyl of same album, he play cd and vinyl he put on wall in bedroom. OR he take two vinyl's, one for listen one for wall :D

By the way, did you notice that front cover photo of 'lock up your daughters' is actualy taken in mirror?

PS Japanese releases compilations have very strange logic of track list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:20 pm 

Mike, about this Motorhead 3LP record store day. As I thought, third Lp so called bonus stuff is actualy b side of Motorhead single 'city kids' and EP Beerdrinkers. So first lp original 'motorhead' album, second Lp : live 'Iron Fist And The Hordes From hell' (or Whats Words Worth) and bonus third lp EP beerdrinkers and 'city kids' b side motorhead single.

Original album 'motohead' and single 'motorhead/city kids' and EP Beerdrinkers are all recorded on same session in the same time. Thats why I have from Big Beat label on cd album 'Motorhead' where is all these 13 songs together. Its realy strange to me that in those days (in 1977) they didnt put all these 13 songs on one LP? It would be much more cheap and simple. Its 50 minutes long all together these 13 songs, so it could be on one LP. But no, they split that on three ways: LP, Single and EP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business