Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Move Over, Luke Skywalker
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 am 

CONTENT ASSESSMENT WARNING :
A link to article from a 'military-enthusiasts' site re: Lockheed Martin's newest "defensive anti-weapon" ~ (LM is an American global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies company )

http://inmilitary.com/lockheed-martin-s ... r-testing/

Sci-Fi enthusiasts should agree; the unspoken implications of this story point to (no pun intended) a radically altered military landscape moving forward.

Last edited by vikmarlo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Move Over, Luke Skywalker : Lockheed-Martin Is Here
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:38 am 

I can't compete with military inteligence, but I do ponder what would happen if these drones were kitted out with a mirror ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:38 pm 

the mighty moonweed/crystal machine/patrice warrener used laser's to far better effect!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:14 pm 

on the one hand, the justifiable military budgets of armed nations would drop dramatically...

... on the other hand, the actual military costs of armed conflict would drop dramatically
:shock:

Last edited by vikmarlo on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 pm 

Maybe the kenian's were right with the shifta war!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:46 pm 

oh well I guess we all have to put up with things we do not like or agree with on this forum :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 pm 

What does the Somali-Kenyan conflict have to do with the deployment of the most dangerous weapon ever developed ?

this is only version 1.0 ~ essentially a Star Wars light-sabre, only the 'blade' is 1.6 km long.

This article gives a clearer picture of what we're up against :

from Popular Mechanics
https://www.google.com/amp/www.popularm ... -weaponry/

We may be only 10 years away from living (and dying) in a real-life H.G. Wells novel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 am 

maybe look on the 'bright side' - the fallout/residue won't be as bad as 'enola gay's dirty work

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:58 am 

If there is a bright side, I suppose that would be it, Brown Dawn.

When I first read about these years ago, whilst they were still years away from a deployable model, I had a glimmer of hope that ballistic WMDs such as nukes would become obsolete one day ~ if the lasers could be deployed as a fail-safe.

It may indeed be possible at some point, the problem here is this :

Megaton hydrogen nuclear weapons are so environmentally deadly-toxic that not a single one has ever been used in war. Even testing them has stopped by the nations that have them.
So, basically you have this "potential" threat of mass annihilation, but the "built-in deterrent" to not use one has kept them from being deployed.

Imagine now a scenario in which these horrible weapons are no longer of any real use, due to some advanced anti-warhead missile laser system. The world would still be under the threat of their proliferation into the hands of non-state terrorist suicide bomber who might deploy one in a suitcase.

But now we have to also worry about a radically advanced laser that may someday be capable of slicing a city in half in less than one second.

I think the only way to end war amongst humankind is genetic engineering of the human species.
First, sterilize the global population (making certain of course that we are first able to grow humans in a lab) once natural reproduction is no longer feasible, the population can be controlled at a sustainable level, and the human brain will have been genetically designed to be incapable of aggressive violence unless one is physically attacked ~ that is, by keeping self-preservation instinct intact but eliminating predatory impulse (in case we had an anomaly )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:20 am 

smugdruggler wrote:oh well I guess we all have to put up with things we do not like or agree with on this forum :roll:

...end quote...

I somehow overlooked your post before, Smugdruggler ~ I am trying to glean your meaning, are you saying you disapprove of topics such as this ?

I genuinely want to know, as I regard your views.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:56 am 

"Lasers may never totally replace other weapons. An international agreement means they can't be used to target individual people, who must still be killed the old-fashioned way."

Well, err..ummmm, ok.lalalalala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 am 

that pretty much says it all, yeah?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:56 pm 

vikmarlo wrote:I somehow overlooked your post before, Smugdruggler ~ I am trying to glean your meaning, are you saying you disapprove of topics such as this ?

I genuinely want to know, as I regard your views.

dear Vikmarlow,
I was genuinely disgusted by your link to that military site. Particulary that you did not flag it with some sort of warning. Call me fluffy & or old fashioned or whatever you like !
I do see links like that one on occasions & have to conclude that they breed more war, aggression, destruction & suffering just by viewing them.
If I was to put a link on here re: animal welfare or similar, I would expect some folk to take offence. So I don't do links & if I have to, then they are flagged up. That way we all stand a fairer chance of not brainwashing each other silly.
I hope you read this as a response & not a rant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 pm 

group hug's dude's - possible mis-understanding/life or whatever - Vik/Smugdruggler - the hawk family is precious - kiss and make up! - none of me business i know - possible both side's of a h'penny!

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business