Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Motorhead
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:09 am 

117591847a.jpg
117591847a.jpg [ 57.32 KiB | Viewed 549 times ]

motorhead-the-world-is-ours-vol-1-everywhere-further-than-everyplace-else-live-in-new-york-2-ab.jpg
motorhead-the-world-is-ours-vol-1-everywhere-further-than-everyplace-else-live-in-new-york-2-ab.jpg [ 219.01 KiB | Viewed 549 times ]

motorhead-the-world-is-ours-vol-1-everywhere-further-than-everyplace-else-live-in-new-york-4-ab.jpg
motorhead-the-world-is-ours-vol-1-everywhere-further-than-everyplace-else-live-in-new-york-4-ab.jpg [ 205.42 KiB | Viewed 549 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:15 am 

motorhead-udr-0081-lp-2-ab.jpg
motorhead-udr-0081-lp-2-ab.jpg [ 230.39 KiB | Viewed 547 times ]

motorhead-udr-0081-lp-3-ab.jpg
motorhead-udr-0081-lp-3-ab.jpg [ 243.8 KiB | Viewed 547 times ]

motorhead-the-world-is-ours-vol-1-everywhere-further-than-everyplace-else-live-in-new-york-5-ab.jpg
motorhead-the-world-is-ours-vol-1-everywhere-further-than-everyplace-else-live-in-new-york-5-ab.jpg [ 235.8 KiB | Viewed 547 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:37 am 

Brian Perera had interesting idea (maybe) but he didn't made it. I am little bit confused with this Lemmy release. There are only 6 songs on it, it is not on 45rpm its on 33rpm which is mistake, and two songs we got on head cat release and the other one on motorhead release, so only 4 songs are interesting. These 4 you can find on other compilations but if you want them on one place then there you go. Strange thing is that there are only 6, or 4 actualy songs. Why not 10 or 15 songs, so all 'strange' songs what lemmy made can be on one lp. I dont see point in this:

https://www.discogs.com/Lemmy-Born-To-L ... se/9523508

And there is photo of first line up, even there is no one song of that first line up.
I was writing to UDR (motorhead label), and ask them if they can be first to release lp with first Motorhead line up (because On Parole it isnt), so we could get on 12" 45rpm all 4 songs with first line up, lucas on drums. Without 'lost johnny' because we have that on On Parole album, the other 4 songs with lucas and old photos of first line up etc.... They like idea only small problem is it is not easy to get EMI licence, whatever they meant with that....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 am 

Other release, with original songs I think for Lemmy:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:08 am 

Lemmy solo album comes this year. The one which he recorded from 2003.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/lemmy-ki ... olo-album/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am 

B.Adder:
Do you know if the "roots of Lemmy" has the same song versions as covered by Headcat?
It doesn't describe which artists are actually performing on the cd.
I understand the song writing credits but nothing else.
It definitely looks like a must have for the booze garage and car.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:48 pm 

It is not HeadCat, those songs are original one. Except it is Lemmy's influence I think they got idea of this release because Lemmy once was on some radio station or something as DJ and played those original songs which influenced him and HeadCat thing too. Those are good songs, only I dont know if I will buy it, I have some compilation somewhere of those songs on 3 cd box set. Only maybe because of sleeve?

Here on german amazon you can here parts of the cd:

https://www.amazon.de/Early-Roots-Lemmy ... s+of+lemmy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:45 am 

"Lemmy once was on some radio station or something as DJ and played those original songs
which influenced him and HeadCat thing too"

All they did was put Lemmy's name on the cd to mislead people into buying their product.
I thought it was the original songs by the original artists with nothing to do with either
Headcat or Motorhead.
Another instance of exploiting the dead for monetary gains.
This has Cleptoratrap written all over it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:02 pm 

They are original songs with original artists, it is not HeadCat or Motorhead. They only try to show people what realy HeadCat/Motorhead and Lemmy influence was, how these original songs sound.

Thats why it say on cd: "... to show musical taste of Lemmy....." "....imagine he is your radio host..."

You have link to hear songs. They are original.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:08 pm 

voilodian ghagnasdiak wrote:"Lemmy once was on some radio station or something as DJ and played those original songs
which influenced him and HeadCat thing too"

All they did was put Lemmy's name on the cd to mislead people into buying their product.
I thought it was the original songs by the original artists with nothing to do with either
Headcat or Motorhead.
Another instance of exploiting the dead for monetary gains.
This has Cleptoratrap written all over it.

...end quote...

I like to imagine Lemmy returning from the gig in the sky just to kick Brain Pariah's dirty little asp for being such a farggin' ice hull.

it's a crime that the preck has got his grubby little paws into some good material, which I might otherwise buy ~ if only....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:16 pm 

this one looks tempting, but it might be an audience mic'd affair, in which case could be great or could be awful.

the price would suggest the former (?)
Screenshot_2017-04-03-13-10-35-1_opt.png
Screenshot_2017-04-03-13-10-35-1_opt.png [ 208.04 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]

says it's from '82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:45 pm 

That 'some radio show' where sir Lemmy picks his favorite influences was aired on bbcradio6music a couple years back.
Yes, he was an excellent presenter as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:48 pm 

Here you have it Vik for 65$

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/5721822?ev=rb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:50 pm 

smugdruggler wrote:That 'some radio show' where sir Lemmy picks his favorite influences was aired on bbcradio6music a couple years back.
Yes, he was an excellent presenter as well.

@

yea thats right :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:47 pm 

black adder wrote:Here you have it Vik for 65$

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/5721822?ev=rb

...end quote...

good looking out, Black Adder ~ cheers for that !
:-)
I might just pop for the 73$ and get the one from Portugal !
(I don't know why, but I am leary of sellers in Russian Federation ~ maybe just that old 'American anti-commie ' brainwashing....
...either that or I'm afraid Vlady might hack my PayPal account! )
:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business