Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Vape
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:15 pm 

Over the past few years, I've been experimenting with ecigs or e-cigs and the process has been a slow one, but I think I've finally found something suitable for a long-term rollie smoker.

2010 (approx) Tried the ones shaped like a cig that have a glowing tip. Vapour volume and 'punch' lousy.

2013 (approx) Tried the ones you get in supermarkets or gas stations, that resemble an old-fashioned fountain pen. Price approx £22 ($30). Vapour volume not very good.

2015 Tried a mail order one that has an adjustable battery output and interchangeable coils. Price approx £50 ($80). Vapour volume somewhat better than before.

2016 (today) Trying a larger 'tank' one which has a battery almost the size of a pack of 20, and the tank that perches on top is around the size and shape of a traditional 35mm film canister. Price £70 ($110). Vapour volume is very high and 'punch' is pretty damn good.

Finally it seems like I might have found an acceptable substitute for rollies... but we shall see!

Post subject: Re: Vape
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:30 pm 

Thanks for sharing this

my bouts with my own past starting in December combined with taking on cigarillos for a spell due to low funds have me squeezing enlarged throat glands as I type and slamming carrot juice as I look to each next day to quit smoking again.

I fear I am fast getting throat cancer but I do have tooth and gum problems that need work soon and hope that is all it is.
If this is safe and economical? maybe I should think about it seriously

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:17 pm 

^ Yikes, hope things turn out alright in the end!

There's a few things to keep in mind, with "vaping" ...

1. Nicotine is a deadly poison, and inhaling too much, especially when someone's hooked on tar and looking for the hit, can possibly cause heart twinges.

2. Some e-cig liquids have exotic flavourings added, which reportedly can cause a thing that (I think) is called 'bubble-lung'. I just use tobacco flavour and add a squirt of menthol when I feel like it.

3. The batteries on some products are cheap **** that's made in China and can explode while charging. But then again, you could say that about Smartphones. Bottom line: you shouldn't leave modern batteries on charge unattended or overnight.

If this hasn't put you off already (!) then I'll answer the other bit - economical?

Yes, IF it replaces your tobacco consumption, then it can be hugely economical. I haven't smoked a rollie for over 8 hours, now. But that doesn't prove much, yet. Ask me again in 3 months, lol. Anyone who fancies trying, I'm tempted to advise go for the better products. The cheap stuff probably won't work for you, and it's just a waste of money.

Lots of people use the 2016 thing I described earlier, and I'm sure some kind stranger will let you have a go on it, if you wiggle your hips and ask nicely, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:39 pm 

I'll make it

I have a son, Bun Bun :)

cheers here and there, 79 show

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:39 am 

well yeah - me ma has a bad dose of copd - 65 years smoking and still going like a chimney - not sure if the lungs or the throat will give in first - poor girl doesn't understand the workings of the alvioli

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:06 am 

I make my own e-liquid, wind my own coils and have a RDA attached to a 26650 battery. Does the job fine. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 am 

WIN_20170302_19_11_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170302_19_11_33_Pro.jpg [ 112.55 KiB | Viewed 337 times ]

Didn't expect to be doing this again today, or, ever...

sorry it's not vape.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:12 am 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
I gave up 'smerking tabs' over 25 years ago. I wanted to stop when my kids were small, so I just stopped. Never wanted one again, was so chuffed I'd kicked it. No patches or suchlike in those days, just told everyone I was quitting and couldn't face the humiliation if I failed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:53 am 

Has anybody read Allen Carrs "the easy way to stop smoking" .. worth having a look at, very interesting book on many levels..not a shock you book, more reverse mind control...only works once though..theres a clue to my **** up, but it is still a very good product.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 pm 

996.jpg
996.jpg [ 24.72 KiB | Viewed 271 times ]

I hope Bubba still has the Royalmatic.
loved the glowy red colour, crappy as the paint was :)

Last edited by mike coleman on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:44 pm 

haha Mike! - nice! - thought i was a bit of a 'dude' back in 1983 - starting university and all that - took up smoking probably primarily to 'get noticed by the chic's'! - crikey - l lasted six months on them - realisation dawned! - a bugger to get off though!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:52 pm 

the delicate balance between staying alive, the alvioli, liver, and the endocrine system (whilst trying to have a life - medical science is in its infancy!) - needs constant attention - or maybe just do the things we do - with pleasure! -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:54 am 

My roll up days - when I was completely skint - were more like turning dog ends into 3 or 4 rolly's.

As a way out from the habit, I was lucky I chose the wrong e-cigs - ones that were too weak. I gave up on them after about 6 months but had no pull to get back on the baccy. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:34 pm 

A matter of personal choice really; Smoke if you wanna & don't, if you choose not to. Simples innit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:45 pm 

I've got these smart filters one of the companies sent as promo years ago and never tried.

Think i'll have a go with a non filter just for (*march toward despotism*)

*this is my universal substitute for expletives*

Attachments:
WIN_20170306_13_39_27_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170306_13_39_27_Pro.jpg [ 107.85 KiB | Viewed 118 times ]

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business