Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: What gonna be on your stereo soon, man?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:38 pm 

Post subject: Re: What gonna be on your stereo soon, man?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:42 pm 

I haven't heard that for years! Back in the 80s, my mate had it and we used to listen to it regularly. I really liked the title track.

Didn't they used to call this stuff 'Symphonic Rock' as opposed to 'Progressive Rock'? I've never quite understood the ever-growing list of different 'genres'.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire

Glam rock with menace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 pm 

Hmm; Considering side two of 'Breaking Glass' - Played side one last week for the first time in years & only then noticed that Tony Visconti played a leading part in the making of that film soundtrack. Great movie of it's time that was.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 am 

Something is here and there always. But now I am thinkin that on New Year eve will be some realy dangerous stuff on stereo, good food, good wine and beers, few cigarettes... will be with family and some friends. I have aprox in my head what music will be, we will start with few 45's like: Jefferson Airplane, Mick Farren, Ten Years After, The Rings, Pink Fairies...you know after few glasses when vibe starts. Than albums something like Robert Calvert captain..., The Head Cat, Warsaw Pakt, Pankrti, Disciplin a Kitchme, Majke, etc.... and highlight of the night Motorhead of course some live album or two. Than we will finish with stuff like Twink "Think Pink 2", Sam Gopal, some Flower Power compilation or Hawkwind....

I know it will be something like that. What else? :)

If we get to stoned, maybe we end with blues in 4 am, Hooker or Lightnin Hopkins or something with cofee in our hands and if we are lucky, sky is clear, sunrise we will see too. Than go to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 pm 

Double Lp, 70 and some minutes. It's on the way to me. 'kill em and eat em' tour, everyone is here except Paul Rudolph, instead its Andy. Line up: Larry wallis, twink, russel hunter, duncan sanderson, andy colquhoun.
Label: Let them eat vinyl (same label which released Distant Horizons)
track list:
1. Raceway
2 Street Urchin
3 Waiting For The Lightnin' To Strike
4 When's The Fun Begin
5 The Snake
6 Do It
7 Takin' L.S.D
8 White Girls On Amphetamine
9 Seeing Double
10 As Long As The Price Is Right
11 Waiting For The Ice Cream To Melt
12 Police Car
13 City Kids
14 Walk Don't Run

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:35 pm 

^ Nice, Black Adder! ^
I almost bought that on CD last year when I was in Michigan. Presumably the same material as the title and artwork are identical.
I may still track down a copy when I get back to civilisation in the spring.

Looks like you got a very cool artifact there!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:02 am 

O yes Vik, I cant wait :)

Now im going to sleep, we had nice party, from 8 pm until now its 9 am and ***** :) A lot of high quality beers and food. Set list if I remember right tonight was:

And we finished with this:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm 

just bumped into moonglum recently - great friend to have!

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business