Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: 24 snakes in texas house?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:28 am 

Mike, I hope this is not near your house news :)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-kid ... 00848.html

https://www.facebook.com/Bigcountrysnak ... 94/?type=3

Post subject: Re: 24 snakes in texas house?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:42 am 

Dear god they had to put the toilet pic.

NEARER than I'd like.

I forget where and how far Abilene is but we could drive there easy enough I am sure.

Thankfully I live in the thick of the city where rattlers will be just about unheard of unless a human brought them, but I do a creek behind me and speaking of behinds....

When I drove to California to see Hawkwind in 89, I noticed when you get to New Mexico all the rattler and scorpion "goodies" start appearing in truck stops

A friend of mine almost stepped on one when he was using a park for a home not too many years ago, but it wasn't Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:13 am 

mike coleman wrote:Dear god they had to put the toilet pic

@

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:17 am 

Yes this realy sucks. I can't imagine how people lived there? 13 they had in basement, 10 under the house... one in toillet :D Its not something you want to see in morning or when you drinked a lot of beers and want to ****. Texas, desert.... In Australia is worse! We have here only two poison snakes species, and they are not that dangerous like this one. You have time to get medicine. but rattle snake is very dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:24 am 

Yes there is a load of them on truck stops probably and in how many cars and trucks they sneak in.. To bad for your friend, sleeping with rattlers uh.... hope he have home now.

But the biggest nightmare is not toillet, it is the bed! Can you imagine you are sleeping and rattler comes on your bad, or on your pillow near your head, or under the blanket??

If those people had 24 of them, one in toilet, its good chance they would experience something like that. Who knows how many eggs they left behind, smell etc... Many comment on facebook are they should burn house down.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 pm 

makes for some good eating

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:29 pm 

I would never eat snakes. They eat rats.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:53 pm 

If any came here I bet the Hawkwind music would render them just passive little cohabitants like the rest and with manners not to bite my arse when on the potty

NOT willing to find out

I think rattler bites are ok as long as you get to a hospital, it is other places and countries where one must worry.

I think Australia could be one.
I know coral snakes are not to be fucked with and black mambas will hunt humans for sport.

Abilene is 172 miles away, fwiw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:13 pm 

black adder wrote:I would never eat snakes. They eat rats.

...end quote...

It all depends where one catches the snakes for meat, Black Adder ~ and it can be quite tasty (and a life saver!)

I just don't eat the snakes caught in the suburban environment where rats dwell.

I only eat the desert snakes that live on birds and lizards.

When I lived in Michigan there was a small, independent grocer that stocked a wild game meat locker. they had it all ~ even turtle (yecch! never tried it!) and rattler.
But I never would buy from them because I don't know how it is raised.

On a related topic ~ I recall a UPI science report several years ago that said the U.S. government approved a regulatory measure allowing the food-service industry there to sell "meat" grown in laboratories, independent of a living organism.
It seems the fried chicken industry has cottoned on as well ~ [it has been alleged that] industry farming is genetically-modifying "hens" to have 6 to eight legs per hen, and four wings. I understand [the allegation has it] these "birds" also never grow feathers.... they are serving their customers deep-fried abominations of nature and calling it chicken.

I only eat meat which I have hunted for myself now. Otherwise it's beans and rice as there is no way I am putting something on my stomach that is an atrocity of human meddling in the natural order of life ! I guess everyone has their own tolerance level to what spooks them about meat
!

Last edited by vikmarlo on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:59 pm 

[Edit to above] :
I was unable to confirm the source of the monster chicken claim. The U.S. food industry denies it. Reports are that the chickens being modified are for medical science, not food.
It would seem to make sense, as I have actually seen lab-grown meat that resembles chicken ~ something which one might reason would be more cost effective than breeding "Frankenhens". What is of concern is the lack of public access to and disclosure of food industry practices, agri-business being one of the six most powerful and politically influential industry-cartels in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 pm 

Screenshot_2017-02-07-13-13-11-1-1.png
Screenshot_2017-02-07-13-13-11-1-1.png [ 142.36 KiB | Viewed 365 times ]

snake meat-1.jpg
snake meat-1.jpg [ 133.92 KiB | Viewed 365 times ]

rattler is expensive.

the dish pictured is supposedly python.

I would never eat anaconda. they eat people.
:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 pm 

'asp' cleopatra! - or maybe her designer sleeve's were too alarm mode! - hand's in pocket's!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 pm 

swap alarm for ala! - flippin' predictive text!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:43 pm 

Snakes good...people bad.
Healthy snakes have a musk odor that would turn me off from eating
them.
I love snakes and their rodent controlling existence.
Just don't kcuf with vipers the likes of rattle snakes.
Let them be.

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business