Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cat man's best friend
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:24 pm 

Cat Cafe :lol: Great! Only they must think about if this is good for cats or not. Cat doesn't like to be with people all day, wants peace.. But its great to hang out with cats :D

"Where were you yasterday?". "Oh I was with my hairy friends on coffee.."..
They are only inteligent persons for making nice conversation. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:27 am 

Thanks for this....
will be passing it on to lady friend(s) (cat café)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 pm 

Our chocolate fluffy hybrid cat Vasilisa (siberian+european shorthaired+someone else).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:33 pm 

It's the little things in the news that make it feel real ....

"Ex-MI6 officer Christopher Steele in hiding after Trump memo"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38591382

"BBC news correspondent Paul Wood said he understood Mr Steele left his home on
either Tuesday or Wednesday, before he was publicly named, and was now "in hiding".

He said he had been told Mr Steele had asked his neighbour to look after his cats."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:23 am 

WIN_20170207_00_22_42_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170207_00_22_42_Pro.jpg [ 142.57 KiB | Viewed 499 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:30 am 

WIN_20170207_00_28_19_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170207_00_28_19_Pro.jpg [ 142.66 KiB | Viewed 498 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:13 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Anybody want a cat? As well as my 2 females I have somehow adopted 3 male (unneutered!) stray Toms. All black!! It's like cat central around here...

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:58 pm 

if poe had his way, it wouldn't be noir!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 pm 

I think it might be more a case of "Man, cat's best friend"!

In recent weeks I seem to have been 'adopted' by this extremely cute, extremely friendly (and extremely cunning) little creature
who I have named 'Squeek' due to it's particular vocalisations. In normal parlance it 'belongs' to the neighbours next door
(adjoining back gardens) but I think it more accurate to say we both now 'belong' to this little black cat.

It's a wet and drizzly day here in London and, the moment I was in the kitchen, I heard an insistent high-pitched mewling at the
back door to the garden. Opening the door, I found this slightly damp creature who immediately slunk inside and made itself at home.
I think if I were to become 'primary food-provider' as well as 'emergency comfort and warmth provider' it might actually move in
permanently.

It has even taken to leaning out over the low kitchen roof and calling in through the back window (where it can see where I sit to use
the laptop or watch TV) when it requires admittance and it can't hear me in the kitchen. I think I'm becomeing a slave to it's will. :lol:

It's so comfortable here that it took a bit of effort to rouse it for its photo shoot ......

I've now managed to reclaim my place on the cushion but it has found an even more comfortable sleeping place - curled up on my lap!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 am 

hahaha... Well, she (I think its SHE by photo) wants to be friend with you. She doesnt like neighbours to much, probobly they are stupid, they dont understand cats psychology. At first she looks for shelter and food, if she likes your companie than it will turn in friendship not only food and shelter. And than she will want to make games with you, hidde and seek with little rope attached to little paper or something... and than she will come to your bed, if you woke up in 8, than she will come in 8. My mother 20 years ago when she was still working, she got sleep and soposed to late on work, but our cat come and wake her up in the same time always 7am like clock should do. So there you go. And if something is wrong she will give you a sing, like gas danger, fire danger, at house some danger etc.... Speciay female cats. Male cats in some ways are more clever and more funny but less attached to 'owner'.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:59 am 

O yes, one more thing mate. Dont offend your cat with 'squeek', she is not pig or something. Cat is nobel animal, she should have name like Victoria, Elizabeth, Catherine.... with stupid name like 'squeek' you offend her mind, dont do that. Thats ok for pigs,or dogs, who served human, but cat doesnt serve human she can be only friend or not. Remember that. And watch her funny inteligent moves, body talk... she talks when she looks in your eyes...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:09 pm 

Pretty much agree with most of what BA says. Particulary the bit about your neighbors. All cats are she's, even if they have bollocks in the Feline world.
The cat looks instinctively for the safest port of call & clearly 'Steam Abacus' that's what you are. Well done !
Another thing I only found out recently is that 'Meow' is only a noise cats make to other species like humans. If you listen carefully to all the sounds cats make to each other, they rarely ever meow in the same way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:53 pm 

Yes, probably female - but I don't feel on familiar enough terms to go looking yet. :lol:

My old cat used to be extremely vocal (and would have a howling 'sonic attack' when confronted
with another cat but did not like to fight physically with other cats- she was very small) and this
one has a particular multi-syllabic voice as if trying to emulate human words. Sounds a bit like that
Tellytubby "Eh -oh".

I don't think 'Squeek' will offend her - I tend to call cats by multiple pet names but they all have
their proper 'secret name' known only to them. :wink:

I've just been in my kitchen listening to a BBC R4 programme about the difficulties of re-homing
black coloured pets (truthfully!).They'd covered dogs and just as they got to the bit where the
presenter is being shown into a stray cat home - exactly at that point - "squeek" at
the back door! :lol:

She's now curled up asleep a couple of feet to my left. I think I've been owned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:14 pm 

i'll stick with garfield!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 pm 

I had a mate at university who acquired the nickname 'Garfield'.

It was the eyes! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business