Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: GonzoMag celebrates another Year in the Life of Hawkwind
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:59 am 

Asked for 5 pages on the subject of "Hawkwind 2016" for the Gonzo record company's online magazine, I exceeded my remit and sent back over 6 pages, excluding photos. The editor ran the whole lot, including the photos, which was rather good.

It covers the Lemmy funeral, personnel changes, the new albums, Brock Hall, speculation about Hawkestra and Roadburn, Hoaxwind, the April tour and reviews thereof, postage stamps, the death of Jill Calvert, and a few other things along the way. All sorts of Hawkwindy bits, in fact.

As a spacerock writer, I'm no Ian Abrahams, so I just went for quantity! Anyway, I made the deadline, and so that's fine. Yay.

https://www.flipsnack.com/9FE5CEE9E8C/gonzo-213-4-yer-yuletide-special.html

Post subject: Re: GonzoMag celebrates another Year in the Life of Hawkwind
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:46 am 

good man Graham! - fair play to you! - hope your christmas went well and we catch up 'next year'! - best wishes!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:38 pm 

FlipSnack. Like it, some good reading material in there to chew on. Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:11 pm 

Very tasteful Graham.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Great job.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:57 pm 

Cheers, mate !
Well done and good on ya

:-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:41 pm 

Thanks for this Graham. Always good to read about the Hawks.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 am 

Nice write up Graham, the rumours of the Roadburn DVD passed me by entirely. I was a little confused by the disjoint between pages 7-8 and 9-10, it seemed as though a passage was missing. You went from talking the Solitary Man single to something about the Sonic Assassins gig and something called Warlords of Space which again I didn't understand (your nose is clearly closer to the ground than mine, or perhaps you just have a facebook account).

Was there some text missing old boy as the words didn't seem to line up?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:45 pm 

Dell1972 wrote:Nice write up Graham, the rumours of the Roadburn DVD passed me by entirely. I was a little confused by the disjoint between pages 7-8 and 9-10, it seemed as though a passage was missing. You went from talking the Solitary Man single to something about the Sonic Assassins gig and something called Warlords of Space which again I didn't understand (your nose is clearly closer to the ground than mine, or perhaps you just have a facebook account).

Was there some text missing old boy as the words didn't seem to line up?

Glad it wasn't just me! I thought I/it was missing something too!

Either way, still a great write up!

And I didn't know that Warlords of Space was going to be all that Rockfield stuff... Been wondering about that since... well, 1979!!!

Sure would be nice to have the full/complete/unedited "Time Of..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:54 pm 

Dell1972 wrote:I was a little confused by the disjoint between pages 7-8 and 9-10, it seemed as though a passage was missing. You went from talking the Solitary Man single to something about the Sonic Assassins gig and something called Warlords of Space....

Yes, I was wondering if folks would notice that! There was indeed a 'data discontinuity issue' at the pagesetting stage (in other words, we missed a bit out).

The info about the new single should have said

"Solitary Man", the A-side of the release, was a different version of one of the lead tracks of the upcoming album "The Machine Stops”, whilst the B-side, "Tunnels of Darkness" was exclusive to the release.

And the Sonic Assassins bit should have said

On Facebook, in a Hawkwind discography discussion, a question was asked about a once-planned “Sonic Assassins - Warlords Of Space” release. A subsequent reply from ex-Hawk Keith Kniveton said this:

"There were two albums planned; one was Sonic Assassins Live At Barnstaple which was already in the can, and a second one called Warlords of Space which was Hawkwind jamming at Rockfield Mill House in April 77."

Part of the Barnstaple gig was on the very first Weird Tapes cassette, Weird 101 (the subsequent DVD gave it the slightly more logical name of Weird 1) but the Warlords album never made it into the public arena.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:48 am 

Nice read Graham.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 pm 

Graham - NICE JOB ! and thanks for sharing. This was a great read that filled my lunch hour quite tastily.

Side note 1 - How/where does one buy the Lemmy stamps?

Side note 2 - First I've heard of the Roadburn DVD? WHEN? Sign me up!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 pm 

lordofthehornets wrote:How/where does one buy the Lemmy stamps?

EBay - type in 'Lemmy stamp'!

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat