Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Team Rock in administration
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:15 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Sad news. Producers of Prog, Classic Rock and other invaluable magazines....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-38370464

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Post subject: Re: Team Rock in administration
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:54 pm 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Oh b*gg*r! What am I going to read on the can now?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:48 pm 

My friends (and landlords) in the house above my flat work in publishing. The industry has been collapsing under the weight of online 'publishing' riding roughshod over copyright, etc (Google Books et al) and wealthy owners tightening the purse strings.

Ordinary workers have been forced from secure jobs into exploited freelancing and now into total uncertainty over whether there is a career that will pay a living wage.

It's the same story as in music - everything is expected to be provided 'for free' and the old industry model has been destroyed.

Of course the rich bastards at the top come out ok. My friend lost her job and was forced into freelancing (doing the same job for the same people for less money and shorter deadlines) because one of the company owners embezzled millions from the company. He was quietly removed from the company and the whole affair hushed up so as not to damage reputations and company standing. Naturally, some ordinary workers were 'let go' in order to balance the books.

Publishing is as fucked as the music industry.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 pm 

[quote="SteamAbacus"] ..........

Publishing is as fucked as the music industry.

...end quote...

yeah, and the **** went in on the same day the Internet was launched

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 am 

Looks like all is not lost.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... rock-saved

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business