Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Jason Stuart - Obituary for a friend
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 pm 

Jason Stuart. 20th December 1968 - 8th September 2008

We first met Jason when he was playing keyboards with Captain Rizz, who supported us on the Alien tour in 1995.

We remained friends, Jason jamming with us at parties and in the studio. In 2004 he joined the band full time playing a batch of live dates and recording the studio album Take Me to Your Leader. We spent the next 4 years working together both on the road and in the studio

Jason will be sadly missed by us all, he was a much loved member of the Hawkwind family and became a major part of all of our lives…Its difficult to imagine how things will be without him, but in order to go forward, we must remember the many happy and funny times we spent together………………..

Jason was an integral part of the band, a wonderful keyboard player and a great character. We will miss him, he lived just down the road from us and many hours were spent playing music together and reminiscing about our adventures in far off places. I will always remember when we visited the Oracle at Delphi and much to his delight he discovered the ancient tablet with the first written notation of music….We will never forget you my friend…. Dave

I remember when we were in Holland a couple of years ago, on the tram, heading into the city, and Juice hadn't even got both legs off the tram as we stopped,and he had a lass on his arm! Incredible lothario character and his huge grin halfway through a gig, pint in one hand, playing with his right hand, having a ball, always. Juice man, it's been a privilege and an honour, our loss is the Cosmos's gain. Peace brother, Dibs

Graceful tiers of keyboards and synthesizers tower. From the artificially maintained still water environment that is the creative muse for my lord “The Hooded Fish”
He whose fins flicker with languid ferocity across the weighted ivories stacked before him.
Our merman lothario ascending the ladders of musical high design.
Goodbye Jay
Good journey…..Richard

I don't think any of you need me to talk about the great musician, who could slip from one ambience to another with seemingly no effort. Jason was ease itself, as a friend, colleague & travelling companion. With a smile, wink, or a perfectly tuned bit of humour, he would put us all into his nonchalant groove, and we would press on...together !!! - Tim

Last edited by Hawkwind on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:39 pm 

As a footnote we've also added this obituary to the main Hawkwind at
www.hawkwind.com
with some accompanying music.

We are also intending on setting up a gallery of pictures in memory of Jason and we'd love your input on this, if you have anything that you feel would be appropriate then please e-mail them to
davelaw@blueyonder.co.uk

Finally for now, if you get the chance tune into Channel 5 over the next few mornings as Matthew Wright, presenter of the "Wright Stuff" will be paying tribute to Jason on the show, not sure what day, but probably at the end of the programme.

Thanks for reading

regards

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:22 am 

Thanks ever so much for sharing such a heartfelt obituary.
The sense of everybodies loss of a true friend, freespirit and allround good guy is palpable. So many positive memories from so many people is such a tribute and obviously so well deserved. Whilst it cant be at the moment i sincerely hope everyones words can give some comfort to close family, the band and friends in the weeks, months and years to come.
In some ways it seems difficult to think back to that beautiful Hawkfest without feeling pain, yet so right to do so. For myself,whilst it goes without saying that the music is always central, a huge part of all Hawkind do is the bringing together of unique and special people who seem to have some kind of connection. Festivals and gigs around Hawkwind have always confirmed that to me, and knowing that and carrying that around inside whilst dealing with some of the trials and tribulations of the world has made me feel so lucky. Man, us fans love you guys and what you do, (and sorry for a bit of a ramble), and my point here would be that in all of this over the last few years Jason has been the perfect epitomy of all the above...those tributes show a true joie de vivre, and when people have talked about Beautiful Days and Crescendo over the last few weeks, a guy just totally at the top of his game. Thats what i think is part of peoples pain as in it just doesnt seem his time, so much more he would have done, yet wow, how so so much he had done. In that, within deep sadness i also see some inspiration. Again, thank you Jason, and kindest thoughts to everyone out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 am 

I am very sorry to here this, just out of hospital myself after a heart attack. I will remember him and his playing. Fantastic.

Post subject: Jason Stuart R.I.P
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:13 pm 

Very sad news indeed. He was a good musician and obviously a very nice guy, Very nice tributes from the band; maybe they could use some samples of Jason's keyboard playing on the upcoming tour, with a picture of Jason projected onto the backdrop, so he will be there in spirit with his band mates and friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:54 pm 

he will be sadly missed a top keyboard player!!! :( always a smile on his face when i saw him play live for the hawks!! GOODBYE JUICE FLY ON!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:29 pm 

To my own surprise I was really shocked, and cried my eyes out when I read Jason died 2 days ago. And that alone is quite mentionable, after only meeting and speaking with him a few short times. It just proves what all the messages here, and on myspace, say about him: he will be missed most as a person with such a joyful and loveable character, than as the keyboardplayer for Hawkwind, and for me that is quite some legacy after relatively only a few years of the Mothership's lifespan. He truly had a way of touching people, with his wit and grin afterwards...you just had to love him :lol: Ofcourse people around him knew this way before us, I'm just gratefull to have met him too.

One can only hope to leave the same kind of legacy when it is our time to fly...you rocked Jason, and I thank you a lot for being such a possitive example and even being a small, but still important part of my life. Onwards flies your star...cheers mate!

Ace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:12 pm 

That grin will be with me always. Every time I saw you play you seemed to ENJOY it so much. The Universe that we exist in haas been made that little bit worse of by your departure, but whatever reality you now reside in is that little bit better off. Get on the Runway, show them how its done and how to grin. Peace ~ Andy ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:20 am 

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jason, but his death was a shock. He was much younger than me!

I really appreciated his contribution to the band. He added a dimension that had never been there before. He was more of a musician in the traditional sense than most HW members and that added richness to the band's performances. He was excellent on Knights of Space. What a great loss!

The details of the game...

Board index » Test category 1 » Jason Stuart