Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: St Albans 17-06-16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:57 am 

Fantastic show, as ever. Really enjoyed "The Watcher", though for some odd reason I seemed to hear it in Lemmy's voice.

From the front row (right in front of Mr. Dibbs) the light show and sound were amazing, if a little bit head scrambling, though I don't suppose leaning against a speaker helped much :D

Well done to the whole crew, Band, Roadies, the lot......and Happy Anniversary to Kris and Dave.

Post subject: Re: St Albans 17-06-16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:10 am 

I've had more than a few gigs down at the front, right near the speaker stacks. It might even be why I sometimes have a distant hissing in my ears at unexpected moments...

oh, well.

Anyway, let's have a set-list and a description, when attendees recover!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:14 am 

It wasn't the whole stack, just a small one bolted to the front of the stage........probably just as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:08 pm 

Agreed! A fantastic show - good venue and great to see some familiar faces.

This tour just gets better and better. An hour and three quarters, no support just Hawkwind and the Machine Stops plus old favourites. I can't remember the whole set list but Orgone Accumulator and Shot Down in The Night would have been contenders for the best.

Haz just goes from strength to strength - I honestly thing he is the best bassist Hawkwind have had since Lemmy, the chemistry with DB is just...intuitive.

Finished with Hassan I Sabbah and a rip roaring Silver Machine but sprinkled in there was Utopia, Assault & Battery/Golden Void, The Watcher plus of course many from Machine Stops. Check out the projections for Synchronised Blue - seems to me it's Tree in the City revisited??

Gonna try and get to Rambling Man but hope there are more dates before the end of the year.

Board index » Test category 1 » Tours Past & Present