Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: The Head Cat
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:02 pm 

I got a copy of this cd for xmas.
The band is Lemmy Kilmister, Slim Jim Phantom, (the Stray Cats), and Danny B. Harvey, (Rockats).
The songs are mostly Buddy Holly's but there is some Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins thrown in there as well.

http://www.acousticmusic.com/fame/p03818.htm

http://www.myspace.com/headcat

I heard Lemmy's rendition of Big River and was hooked right away.
Anyone else heard this material?

Post subject: Re: The Head Cat
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:38 pm 

Yep. It was originally released as Lemmy, Slim Jim and Danny B in 2003 I think. Theres a cool dvd from a gig as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 pm 

hawkwindian posted:

Yep. It was originally released as Lemmy, Slim Jim and Danny B.

It seems like Fools Paradise is a remaster of that first release but with three less songs.
The sound is a lot sharper/clearer on Fools Paradise imo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:59 pm 

First release was in 2000. But they didnt call them selfs The Head Cat in those days. Than re-release without three songs come later as Fools Paradise. Now they have second album "Walk the walk Talk the talk" and it is not acoustic, it is electric stuff, Lemmy is on his bass guitar, he is not like on first album acoustic guitar and harmonica. Second album have two new songs from The Head Cat, those two are not covers. "american beat" and "eagle flies on friday" if I remember right... Lemmy said his want to do third album and release his solo album finaly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:34 pm 

I wonder if there's any material that Headcat recorded but didn't release?
I love the old Chuck B., Carl P., Buddy H., Fats stuff.
It's good motorcycle background music.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:05 pm 

I think not. Only live stuff if someone recorded. On live stuff they played always something which is not on studio albums. They have live dvd which was before second album. There is vinyl release of this dvd in 322 copies.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:32 am 

Hey - you've GOT TO hear this:
KLOS (radio station in LA) show called Jonesy's Jukebox (available as podcast on iTunes) ... the Jan 8 2016 epsisode (I think it is, relying on memory) Steve talks to Slim Jim Phantom, they recall Lemmy, and even play bits of an older 2006 show where Lemmy, Slim Jim, and Steve Jones played some acoustic Head Cat and '50s rockabilly, finishing with an acoustic Silver Machine, complete with Jones going "phsshewwww" with his mouth to emulate the synths, it is HILARIOUS and awesome!!!~!!!!!!

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc