Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Anyone got a Vinyl copy of Blood OTE they want to sell?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:09 am 

I have been looking for ages. Seen a few on Ebay but at stupid £££. I case anyone has a spare copy hanging around they want to sell at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Thanks Hawkfans.

Post subject: Re: Anyone got a Vinyl copy of Blood OTE they want to sell?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:31 am 

this posting redacted due to failure

Last edited by mike coleman on Mon May 11, 2015 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:07 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Musicstack's got one for 50 nicker....

http://www.musicstack.com/show.cgi?f=1&find=hawkwind&media=243&t=blood+of+the+earth

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:05 am 

With Yoda like patience this morning I won BOTE for a reasonable £29. The deck is being cleared and polished, ready to listen to this great album without the loudness boom. I cant wait. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:57 pm 

Isleofwight wrote:With Yoda like patience this morning I won BOTE for a reasonable £29.

I was going to bid for that as well but getting up for 7:30 to bid for it wasn't very appealing.

When you listen to it can you compare it with the CD version? I think it would be a great album if it wasn't for the loudness issue which makes sound horribly distorted and is quite tiring to listen to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:24 am 

I'll let you know re the sound. I haven't got a top notch Hifi setup a Pioneer deck with a Dennon amp and a couple of Marshall speakers. I've also got my cd/dvd player running through it so I'll be able to play back to back. I'm hoping there will be a big difference that will let me go out and buy Onward and Space Hawks on Vinyl. The CD versions of these just don't get played as, to my ears, it's all BOOOOOOOOOOM. I hate this loudness crap. You don't need it as there is a thing called a volume knob that goes up to 11 ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:06 pm 

Fractalien I have bad news. I'm going to have to buy it all again in Vinyl :D :D :D

It may be my old Ears but everything has so much more detail and it makes a great Album even better. . Wraith sounds like when they play live with the Bass driving along nicely. Innervisons has Tims voice a lot clearer. Prometheus leads and cymbals on the drum rolls are crisper and not so Thuddy. All in all much better as far as I am concerned.

Downside compared to a CD is you seem to pop up and down very 5 mins to change sides and you can't skip the Blood of the Earth track ;)

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc