Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: HawkEaster 2015
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:58 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Not as far as I know. Anyone else?

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:41 am 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Have a brilliant weekend y'all. Wish I could have been there, yet again fate has conspired against me. Next time!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 pm 

same story with me HGT4 - next time hopefully - may the hawk kith and kin have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:57 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
A blinding weekend. All the bands were brilliant, a T.O.S.H. set that featured all the current musicians, and 2 Hawkwind sets.

And to add icing to the cake, Steve Hillage guested on a few tracks in the second set (a blinding version of The Golden Void, Orgone Accumulator, etc.). A historic moment.

The Hawkmaster contest was interesting - 4 souls pitted their knowledge against the HW elves and mostly lost (there were some hard questions. Would you know how many dates there were on the Levitation tour?).

Big pat on the back to the organisers, to the staff at the town hall, and the people of Seaton who humour us and make us welcome.

image.jpg
image.jpg [ 119.11 KiB | Viewed 6292 times ]

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:22 pm 

thanks for the up-date jimsk! - glad to hear it went well - onward flies the bird!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:50 am 

Highscores: 5
What a fantastic weekend, again, still grinning, still fuzzy around the edges, still a bit there....

ALCOHOL
J Strummer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:50 pm 

Hawkeaster 2015, my third & I reckon the best atmosphere yet!!

Triple Hawkwind, recent tour setlist on Saturday night with added SOTA, a great midday Sunday TOSH set, Dave Brock joined in later on so the stage was pretty full....A massive Sunday night set with Steve Hillage & Dave B duelling it out on guitar, amazing, really powerful stuff.... Of the support bands especially enjoyed Jupiters Carnival (first band to play) and Tarantism ...

I headed down to the Town Hall Monday morning, found it closed but bumped into Dave & Kris, said thanks for a great weekend, they we're in great spirits & heading home to get ready for Japan.....

Cheers! Roll on Hawktoberfest, or Hawkisland!? :wink: ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:02 pm 

Sounds like a good time was had by all, would have loved to have seen Steve Hillage up playing with the band, I'm very jealous!

Was there a question and answer session this time around and if so, what was said?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:17 pm 

Hello Dell1972....maybe a Hawkeaster next year if you could make it?

There was a Q&A hosted by Mathew Wright, most of Hawkwind present, plus Steve Hillage & a lady from Sea Shepherd... Nice atmosphere & much discussed including future events (possible outdoor festival? another Hawkeaster? maybe one abroad?), Space Ritual & Warrior live releases, thoughts on / tributes to Daevid Allen, politics etc... Hawkwind auctioned off a signed parking ticket from their Glasgow gig, raising £150 for Sea Shepherd...Plenty of laughs when one very enthusiastic bidder had to be physically prevented from bidding by her boyfriend, she still managed to mumble out a bid of £58....

The other subject (guess) was asked but Hawkwind couldn't comment for legal reasons....This must be a real strain for the band, I hope this all works out OK for them, they deserve better....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:10 am 

Just have to add my comments, this was the best Hawkeaster so far and that's not an easy thing as the other 2 were also excellent.
The whole event was well organised, the staff at the gateway as friendly and helpful as ever and thanks to the lady from the gateway who stood up as question time and thanked us for being there and said they'd like to make Hawkeaster a permanent thing, a few people (me included) had dust in their eyes or something like that during her comments.

I say if they want us we can't let them down now can we, so can I book my campsite and ferry for next year now?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:38 am 

Location: Lost beyond the Black Hole's apparent horizon - Yorkshire
Just been watching the early youtube postings of HawkEaster 2015, My god Hawkwind are on form! I thought Jodrell was good but I'm gutted I was unable to get to Seaton. Assault and Battery/Golden Void with Hillage sitting in was stunning.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 pm 

I have to agree this years event was the best and I have attended all three.
The whole weekend atmosphere was great and welcoming from the town.
We even managed to sit on the beach Monday morning and the Seaton town hall lady who had previously thanked us all came and spoke to us and said how grateful they all were to Hawkwind and the event and what it brings to the town.

Can't wait for next years, think i'll book the B&B now! :D

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkwind Chat