Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Re: Please read
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:36 pm 

As a newbie here I dont really wanna get too involved in what's been said and gone down before I joined this forum but I did get asked if I had a verifiable facebook or myspace page by the dude that runs this site.Kinda spooked me a little.If someone wants to private message me the details instead of posting it on here then it would be good to be enlightened.I read this guy Dave's opening statement and it seems mighty heavy surely these Right wing nutters aint got any foothold with the space rock scene have they ? weird or what ! I was not expecting this on Hawkwind's webspace

SPACEY DUDES
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 am 

Alex. Unfortunately there has been a bit of handbags on the site, with some of it causing a few issues. This meant that Dave as the boards moderator had to step in, one of the VERY few times of the last few years. Dave is one of the good guys with all the Hawkind Families best interests at heart. I expect the facebook thing is a double check to make sure that some of the numptys don’t try and re register under a different name. I wouldn’t worry about it, just have fun on the forum and welcome :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:26 am 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
Isleofwight wrote:Alex. Unfortunately there has been a bit of handbags on the site, with some of it causing a few issues. This meant that Dave as the boards moderator had to step in, one of the VERY few times of the last few years. Dave is one of the good guys with all the Hawkind Families best interests at heart. I expect the facebook thing is a double check to make sure that some of the numptys don’t try and re register under a different name. I wouldn’t worry about it, just have fun on the forum and welcome :)

Seconded. Well put.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 pm 

ya man guess you guys could be right although reading back I have a certain sympathy with JephraimToe's point of view he has a way with words admittedly but cannot help thinking he is right on certain things ya gotta be free to express a point of view in this life free webs an'all his idea of some other dudes idea about having a section for rants and semi controversial issues wud be a solution I guess that would make any other any other business....where does it end is anyone's guess I think maybe some people's clearly defined point of view stance on some issues in this complex world of ours can scare some other maybe more gentle minded souls who just wanna sit back feet up get into their little groove things and shut out the s**t that can drag us down usually with hawks on the turntable and ya knowzarr what in hand....
peace my brothers
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 pm 

I agree with Davemod, to be honest. I've got very deeply held political beliefs but - to be honest, I keep them to myself. Anyone can work out which side of the political divide I'm on: I've no problem with anyone else having opposite political leanings, but it doesn't make for a good argument if we all get into a left versus right versus whatever slanging match. Basically, I've got my own views, not really bothered what anyone else thinks, who cares ? ;-)

There are 10,001 subjects which could be discussed on a Hawkwind forum, if I want bad political argument, I can just switch Prime Ministers' Questions on and watch evasion, hypocrisy and Party Lines there - from all sides. Naaah.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 am 

Did someone mention politics?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:13 pm 

Love that image.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 pm 

Nice one JephraimToe

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business