Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please read
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:56 pm 

i think i was guilty of reviving the post. I was reading thru one night,as i often do,came across the thread and read the whole thing. I commented with "wow" and then started getting loads of notices in my inbox. Sorry for dredging up the bad vibes peeps! I am quite taken aback by the storm (in a teacup) it caused. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:40 pm 

i think maybe i should clarify a few things (and then this will be the last i say on the matter)

in no way am i trying to stop free speech, however there does come a time when i feel i have to make a stand, when something has the potential to get out of hand.

regardless of it being a free forum i dont think that gives anyone an excuse to come on here , make accusations by name about another persons alleged affiliations with political organisations, especially when they don't appear to have any evidence to back up these claims, what gripes these people have is up to them, however i dont think a forum such as this is the right place to sort it out - ultimately it's between a couple of individuals, so is that any of our business?, in my opinion no.

the person who caused me to start this thread is one of only 3 who's been banned from this forum, if it feels like more it's because 2 of them have used multiple identities! this same individual has been warned about their behaviour and conduct on the forum via personal messages, has promised to abide by my requests, and then in no time is doing the self same thing, in all honesty what would you expect me to do? the fact is that 99% of you can discuss things in a sensible manner, you might not always agree but you respect another opinion, thats fine and long may it continue

anyway there is the small matter of a festival coming up - and that's what we really shouild be concentrating on!

thanks for reading - over and out

regards

dave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:38 am 

Highscores: 3
look to the future,forget about the past?
I've had a few goes at one or two ex members of Hawkwind in the past,as have many people on here.The problem seems to be with some people who just wouldn't let it lay.Life is a lot shorter than you think,get over it!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:41 pm 

Highscores: 1
:P

Last edited by Mullethead on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:52 pm 

Nicely put Mullethead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:39 pm 

Highscores: 3
thats all very well .but whats it got to do with calling x members cnuts?????

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:28 pm 

Last edited by Mullethead on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 pm 

Mullethead wrote:I don't know M.D. But just wait until the idiots get on Twitter...........
August 25/2016
Roger I see Dave has stolen one of my riffs again. W*nker!9:30AM
Dave Cork your hole bumface.10:30AM
Wheelie Bin The new album sounds the same as the last 20.10:32AM
Mad Sod Just eaten a marmite sandwich.13:00PM
Bullethead (NEW MEMBER) What's this great new thing I've been missing? Twitter? More like Twatter! Rubbish I'm off to Wetherspoons. AUGUST 25/2018 12:00AM

Hilarious and so terrifyingly true.....while I see that I have been mssing out on this forum, things like FaceBook and the others are terryfying ....
Before I have a sleeping pill and a bite to eat in my attempt not to be chucked off here within a 24-hour period, I'd like to comment that 2 things bug me a bit, the first likely a personal hang-up. To me, the name Hawkwind is the best band name I've ever heard, at least for psychedelic rock, and I was thrilled to see that as of now on wikipedia, there is an alternate concept for it's origin to the Nik Turner version. To me, the name is just too cool and dare I say "sacred" sounding to be muddied by comedy in this particular instance, no matter how true it may be. I would not mind if that origin of the name folded itself up after so many decades and somehow just "went away"....(realising this may be just me and the humor may have strong appeal to others)
the next is the "fighting formers" "phenomena"... I don't blame anyone for feeling a certain way, especially Nik, and please do not invite me into anything, but seeing members of what to me equates to "the coolest band on earth" not giving the outward appearance as existing in the godly state we want to see them in, is enough to make eyeballs bleed.....I think there is something wonderful to be said for anybody who ever got to be in Hawkwind at all......and whoever was behind putting them in.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:34 pm 

Last edited by Mullethead on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:35 pm 

Mullethead wrote:Names? Names? I've had many.
A#sehole, Numbskull, Dumbnut, Poofter, Tw#tfeatures and F*cknut.
So many names, so many other me's out there in the vast multiverse.
But the names that resonated the most in my identity was a strange, outlandish name: A#secandle. No! No! No! Not Arsecandle.
The name and life I recalled vividly was "Old Hippy".
As for Facebook and Twitter et al : "nothing new to say, and the means to say it."
Welcome to the Forum mike. :lol: :lol:

Oh dear......I mangaed to forget all about my arsecandle alarm clock. The pink one with the label having incremental markings per what time you wanted your arseburn wake-up. It never occured to me until just now that the fact my dad gave it to me when I was a little kid is what is really disturbing,,,,,hmmm....maybe he just had it and I got ...yeah that had to be it.....I found "wheelie bin" a source of endless amusement and thank you for the reception......
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:07 pm 

Last edited by Mullethead on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 pm 

JephraimToe wrote:...Have we really all become so old and cold that we have to chase away anyone who happens to have a little fire in their belly? Does anyone here actually remember what it feels like to walk through the Traveller's Field, wild, dangerous and psychedelic as hell!

Yeah... I was listening to my Treworgey '89 Travellers' Field recording last night, and and there's a bit where my then GF says, in anxious tones, "They're coming back again," and I growl, "Yeah... I'm keeping an eye on 'em." So I'd say 'psychotic' rather than 'psychedelic' :D

There's a type of person who doesn't understand that freedom should be allied to responsibility. Some of the people in the Field that night were the sort of people who, in the 1980s, made the traditional free festival cease to be socially viable.

I don't think this forum needs a wild edge like that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:41 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
graham wrote:There's a type of person who doesn't understand that freedom should be allied to responsibility. Some of the people in the Field that night were the sort of people who, in the 1980s, made the traditional free festival cease to be socially viable.

I had a similar argument with someone on a biker forum when I thought it was offensive that they posted up a pic of a killed rider. I said that with anarchy comes more not less personal responsibility because we have to look after each other by choice not obligation.

I got a real slagging for it for being anti-freedom of speech from the poster until one of the 'senior' (i.e. 5,000+ posts and well-respected) posters put up a message saying the picture was of a mate of theirs and highly offensive. The original poster soon shut up.

'Anarchy' is derived from the Greek term for 'without ruler'. 'Chaos' means without control, or lacking order or predictability. There is a major difference.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:27 pm 

Well........ we've got a Mothership here that is Captained by one of our best.
No political agenda or business enterprise fuels this vessel.
The only lack of control you mention would be that of law and government.
Shelf of rock is good stable enviro.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:37 pm 

To quote Bob Dylan - "to live outside the law you must be honest".

It goes deeper than you think after the first reading.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business