Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pink Fairies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:37 pm 

I was thinkin a bit about this Lp best of track list. Some stuff is from singles, some versions from singles etc...
Side A:

1. The Snake
2. City Kids
3. Wargirl
4. Portobelo shuffle
5. Heavenly man
6. Do it
7. Pigs Of Uranius

Side B
1. Well Well Well
2. Chromium plating
3. I went up I went down
4. Say you love me
5. Street Urchin

Its very strange that they put "I went up I went Down" song. I know they wanted some 10min song, jaming.. but dont you think that obvious choice would be "Uncle Harry's LAst Freakout" their hit? Its 'Best Of' after all. And strange choice was 'pigs of uranius' song too, there are at least few better ones like "Track One Side Two", "Teenage Rebel", "Marylin", "X-ray".. I would put these rather than some other ones too, but stuff with "I went up.." instead of "Uncle..." and "Pigs of uranus" is the most strange choice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:15 pm 

Is that an "official" compilation, the 'Best of' ? I can't find a listing for that title, or is it called by another name? I agree the song choice could be better, like you said the songs you pick are better than those on the list

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:23 pm 

My bad...
avatar.png [ 28.23 KiB | Viewed 969 times ]

....has nothing to do with the band Pink Fairies ~ appears to be some sort of gamers site (?)

Last edited by vikmarlo on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:51 pm 

A Pinks best of cannot be without Chambermaid...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:55 am 

No... no Uncle Harry either? :(

The details of the game...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:39 pm 

vikmarlo wrote:Is that an "official" compilation, the 'Best of' ? I can't find a listing for that title, or is it called by another name? I agree the song choice could be better, like you said the songs you pick are better than those on the list

Yes its official one.

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Fairies-Pi ... se/2877360

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:17 pm 

Cheers for that, Black Adder ~ I could have sworn I searched Discogs for that before. Strange, maybe I fell asleep with my phone in my hand again and dreamed I couldn't find it ! Lol :-D.
This CD is for me :
R-4862767-1377802794-5069.jpeg.jpg
R-4862767-1377802794-5069.jpeg.jpg [ 24.03 KiB | Viewed 868 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:24 am 

Well this is track list which I made for (fucking) mp3 playerwhen I go out:

1. People helping people (twink and rudolph)
2. Enter the diamonds (twink)
3. Track one side two
4. Portobello shuffle
5. Teenage rebel
6. X-ray
7. Going Down
8. Well Well Well
9. Chromium plating
10. Broken statue
11. Eccleston chambers (twink and rudolph)
12. Suicide (Twink think pink)
13. Ten thousand words in the cardboard box (Twink - think pink)
14. As above so below (Twink and Rudolph)
15. Play With the fire (farren)
16. Lost Johnny (Farren)
17. Fury Of The Mob (from single The Deviants)
18. Uncle Harry Last freakout
19. Do it
20. The snake
21. Marilyn
22. Love punks (Fairies - Twink and rudolph)
23. I wanna be free (The rings)
24. Automobile (the rings)
25. Safe and warm (warsaw pakt)
26. Sick And Tired (warsaw pakt)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:47 am 

There you go girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WycG1sxiVdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKw8qcyvfbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdXrMBqFzD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT4fwuJjPsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9gsHT-L00g

And:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfhiPBGLazA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LisR2iOhuw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 pm 

:)

Boss Goodman's 60th birthday.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:49 pm 

All right. So, I received 2LP "Chinese Cowboys" (you can find pics in thread 'whats soon will be on your stereo man') and press is ok because I knew it will be because I have from this label 'Distant Horizons' record. However, sound is not good. I thought it will be better than cd release, because it was analog recorded in 1987 on tapes but it is the same or worse! This is actualy only bad thing what I can say about this release. It sounds like good bootleg. You can forget about that this sounds even close to profesional recorded live album 'Live At The Roundhouse 1975'. I am always against these archive material released few decades after band stoped playing. But its not up to me, Andy Colquhoun idea was this, he had tapes and like he said when I contact him few years back, that band gave him approval to release this, so he did in Japan only on private label Captain Trip Records. Now, I dont know which connection he have in label 'Gonzo Multimedia UK' (or is this his label?) but Gonzo have rights on this material and Let Them Eat Vinyl licensed this material from them.

Releasing after long time band is gone some unprofesional bootleg quality material is what I never liked actualy. But what I thought it will be interesting is that all members except Paul (Andy instead of Paul) are here and it is cool set list but when you hear sound its....... To bad. You should only stay with their real albums: Never never land, What A Bunch of sweeties, Kings of Oblivion, Live At Roundhouse, Kill em and eat em. And thats it. (+ Previously unreleased lp)

Speaking of real albums.....

What is Pink Fairies? I ask this because we have now a new album, studio album with all new songs on it. Yes you heard it right. Line up is only rhythm section Russel and Duncan from real Pink Fairies. On there is Andy Colquhoun too who took place of frontman, he is guitarist and singer. I never saw him as Pink Fairy, he was only on Kill Em and Eat em album. But Sandy and Russel are here, but most important people like Twink, Rudolph and Larry are not here. Is this Pink Fairies? We can argue that two Twink/Rudolph albums from 1996 and 1997 were not Fairies too, but these two were song writers, founders of Fairies, they are much important if you ask me from Duncan and Russel. So I can understand in some way. But this album witout most important guys, only rhythm section of real Fairies I dont know what to think. I cant say yes or no. Dont know, choose for yourself. I heard only one song, it sounds fine but it doesnt sound as Fairies?

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkAEGGIrj8

Talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_I0KGy_eec

http://www.ratethetracks.com/2016/10/th ... t-new.html

Track list:

Golden Bud
The Hills Are Burnin'
Runnin' Out Of Road
When The Movie's All Thru
I Walk Away
You Lied To Me
Midnite Crisis
Stopped At The Border
Spellbound
Down To The Wire
Skeleton Army
Mick
Naked Radio
Deal Deal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:47 pm 

And whats this? 12" EP 45 rpm

Written by Larry Wallis.

Larry Wallis: guitar, vocals
Drums: Chris North
Bass: Phil 'moose' Mitchel

https://www.discogs.com/Redbirds-Truth- ... se/2461663

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:54 pm 

Shagrat records presents:

http://shagratrecords.com/shagrat_sales0.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:51 pm 

black adder wrote:
Speaking of real albums.....

What is Pink Fairies? I ask this because we have now a new album, studio album with all new songs on it. Yes you heard it right. Line up is only rhythm section Russel and Duncan from real Pink Fairies. On there is Andy Colquhoun too who took place of frontman, he is guitarist and singer. I never saw him as Pink Fairy, he was only on Kill Em and Eat em album. But Sandy and Russel are here, but most important people like Twink, Rudolph and Larry are not here. Is this Pink Fairies? We can argue that two Twink/Rudolph albums from 1996 and 1997 were not Fairies too, but these two were song writers, founders of Fairies, they are much important if you ask me from Duncan and Russel. So I can understand in some way. But this album witout most important guys, only rhythm section of real Fairies I dont know what to think. I cant say yes or no. Dont know, choose for yourself. I heard only one song, it sounds fine but it doesnt sound as Fairies?

Interesting question. As a musician, one thing I've always said is that if you change one member of a band, you change the band. It's not the same band - the whole dynamic changes and many bands end up falling apart after one member leaves because they fail to appreciate this, clinging on too tightly to their idea of the 'old' band. You have to let the band change and become something new - it's like all the 'pieces' get shuffled around a bit and have to find a new shape.

So, in that sense, a band's name is just 'branding' - something for the audience to relate to as a single entity rather than a group of individuals.

However, I think many bands have a dominant musical personality (or personalities) who are largely responsible for the overall musical personality of the group. There have been many 'Hawkwinds' but so long as Dave Brock is there (in my and many others' opinion) there is something distinctly 'Hawkwindish' about these very different groups of individuals playing very differnet music over the years (I'd even go so far as to say DB's personality is so dominant that his solo albums could legitimately be released under the Hawkwind name although 'Brock + Others' produces more diverse music).

When Led Zeppelin reformed recently with Jason Bonham on drums it just didn't sound like Led Zeppelin to me. I think that band was a great example where every one of the four members was integral to the musical personality of the band. The four of them created something that was much more than the sum of the parts. They had the good sense to quit when John Bonham died. They were, in my opinion, foolish to attempt the subsequent revivals (although I'm sure they made loads of money).

So, "What is Pink Fairies"?

Seeing as Russell Hunter and Duncan Sanderson were two of the founder members (and the rhythm section as well), I think it's legitimate that this album be released as 'Pink Fairies'. But, for me, 'Pink Fairies' means the first couple of albums with Paul Rudolph on guitar. Those are the two albums that interest me. The later Larry Wallis albums, etc just don't have the same appeal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:50 pm 

Yes, you can say if Twink and Rudolph can release two albums under the name Pink Fairies (Pleasure Island, No Picture), than Duncan and Russel can do that too. Well, Fairies with Larry were different band than first two with Rudolph, situations like you describe. And again it was Duncan and Russel + Larry (Kings Of Oblivion), like now Duncan and Russel + Andy on vocals and guitar. Whats the difference? :)

However, If I talk from corner like Pink Fairies fan than I agree, only first two albums we can call real Pink Fairies, rest of the albums were different bands under the name Pink Fairies. Except 'Live At Roundhouse 1975' they were all members there, so these three albums. But from my Motorhead corner, except first two albums I see albums with Larry too as Fairies :). Even, Kings of Oblivion was Larry Wallis solo album under the name Pink Fairies, he wrote all songs.

Yes, so thats why I said 'choose yourself what is Fairies for you'. For me, Fairies are until 'Kill Em And Eat Em' album, those five albums. This new album I will see like Twink/Rudolph albums, kind of semi-Pink Fairies thing. I am not sure yet if I will buy it, I must listen that first so will see. If I have twink/Rudolph thing why not this?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business