Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pink Fairies
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:20 pm 

Oh, I forgot. I have something for trade too (43 items):
http://www.njuskalo.hr/korisnik/Blackadder1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:25 pm 

I think i've asked this before - but no replies - this may be better thread to ask it in..

Has anyone ever heard any tapes of Pinkwind jams from the early 70s (not the dodgy Nik Turner recent-ish cash ins)?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:31 pm 

I'm still interested in trade/buy Pink Fairies 'Pleasure Island' and Motorhead 'Live At Manchester Apollo 1983' (the green one). And have some Hawkwind stuff too:
http://www.discogs.com/seller/rnrmo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:07 pm 

landosenfina wrote:It's difficult to pin down exactly what was the Fairies and what was the Deviants. The third Deviants album (with the Nun cover) is practically a Pink Fairies album, since 3/4 of the musicians went on to the first Fairies album "Never Never Land"

I like to think of the Pink Fairies as more of a loose concept than a band, with anyone entitled to use the name so long as they've a) written a lot of of previous material, b) played on a lot of the albums or c) happen to be performing with one or more members who fit the criteria of a) or b).

Thus if Larry produces an album and either Russell or Sandy's on it, it's the Pink Faires, but if it's just him, then it's a Larry Wallis album. But if Mick Farren's there, then it's the Deviants (sadly no new output on that front), and if just Twink's there, then it's a shameless cash-in (especially if he uses "Fairies" in the title!). Though I admit to liking a lot of Twink's output because I enjoy his voice.

Now I come to think of it, what with Twink's dabbling in different projects ("Think Pink", "Mister Rainbow", "Do It 77"), and the way he continually guests with other musicians ("Bevis & Twink", "Twink & Plasticland"), he's kind of the Nik Turner of the Pink Fairies!

@

Well yes. Before 'Never never land' was 'Think Pink' and 'Mona'. It is little mess with this names of those two bands. I dont like it but what can we do?
I consider first three Deviants albums as real Deviants. Later in 1984 on 'Human Garbage', in 1996 on 'Eating Jello With A Heated Fork' and in 2002 'Dr. Crow' I see as Mick Farren solo stuff even he used name The Deviants. Same as for Pink Fairies; Never Never land, What a Bunch Of Sweeties, Kings Of Oblivion, Live at the Roundhouse and Kill Em And Eat Em I see as real Pink Fairies. Later stuff from Twink and Rudolph 'Pleasure Island' and 'No Picture' I see more like their solo stuff not as Pink Fairies. Twink was on first album only, Larry gave later more to Pink Fairies than Twink if I am not mistake. So Sandy and Russell were there from the start it is logical that with Larry was last line up, including album 'kill em and eat em' on which most of the stuff wrote Larry and sing on it.

Similar problem we had here in former Yugoslavia. There was one big band 'Leb i Sol' (Bread and salt) with great guitar virtuoso Vlatko Stefanovski (Singer and guitarist), they recorded last album in CBGB in 1991. So, keyboard player was on first 5 albums, drummer on first 4 (they have circa 12 albums) but bass player and Vlatko were in the band all the time. So, many years later Bass player with keyboard player took two new guys and record new studio album under the name Leb i Sol. Vlatko said 'thats not Leb i Sol', he was a bit angry, because he wrote about 70% of all Leb i Sol songs. Fans are feeling the same as Vlatko. But Bass player said Leb i Sol is not band from one guy. So what is right and what is wrong?
I am thinkin; What Larry Wallis think about those two albums from Twink and Rudolph 'Peasure Island' and 'No Picture' from 1996/1997 because they were under the name Pink Fairies?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:13 pm 

Album "kill em and eat em" from 1987 was released on 'Demon' in UK. In US it was released on LP and CD under license on label "Skyclad" on buttom of disc itself say: pressed in Canada. Anyone knows is this on "Skyclad" official or bootleg? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:35 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNTzEHsGYVQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:58 am 

black adder wrote:Album "kill em and eat em" from 1987 was released on 'Demon' in UK. In US it was released on LP and CD under license on label "Skyclad" on buttom of disc itself say: pressed in Canada. Anyone knows is this on "Skyclad" official or bootleg? Thanks

Hello
I love that album and thankfully I bought my CD when brand new and it is the Demon one.
I later got an LP in a trade that was the USA copy, which I no longer have.

Anyway, my Magic Muscle CD "100 Miles Below" is the USA "Skyclad" version, and while these are maybe not as desireable as a UK one, I sure am glad to have THAT!!

so my guess is "official" or at least "semi official"

just my 2 cents, please forgive if in error

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:31 pm 

I got contact with Larry Wallis and he said he never heard for "Skyclad", after that I contact Andy Colquhoun and he said the same thing, he thinks it is bootleg. Than I contact Demon and Stiff, from demon said they dont have a data for that old release anymore, they can't help. So there you go. I was very happy to got replied from Larry. So, what is originial for sure is that release on Andy Colquhoun official site. CD Pink Fairies "Kill 'Em And Eat 'Em" Demon, FIEND CD 105 - Made in France.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:18 pm 

This is not rare, but if you catch it in near mint for 17$ (including shipping) than its ok. Compilation from first three albums + song "Well Well Well". This is not my copy, its only for info.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:02 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:05 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:06 am 

black adder wrote:. So, what is originial for sure is that release on Andy Colquhoun official site. CD Pink Fairies "Kill 'Em And Eat 'Em" Demon, FIEND CD 105 - Made in France.

I promise that is the original because that's what I have and it was all there was IN THE BEGINNING!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Pink Fairies comp LP, what's the difference between a "Polydor special" and a "Polydor standard"?? :)

My CD must be a "Polydor standard"

Last edited by mike coleman on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 am 

In the twink pic, is that a man trying to disguise himself in drapes, behind the photographer, is it a paranormal phenomena I might call "drapery man", or is it just a few people standing there and no drapery :) :)

I also like the sink in the middle pic
Not sure why exactly, just looks handy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:31 pm 

mike coleman wrote:
black adder wrote:. So, what is originial for sure is that release on Andy Colquhoun official site. CD Pink Fairies "Kill 'Em And Eat 'Em" Demon, FIEND CD 105 - Made in France.

I promise that is the original because that's what I have and it was all there was IN THE BEGINNING!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Pink Fairies comp LP, what's the difference between a "Polydor special" and a "Polydor standard"?? :)

My CD must be a "Polydor standard"

Dont know. It is maybe something to do with first press and re press? Songs looks the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:55 pm 

mike coleman wrote:In the twink pic, is that a man trying to disguise himself in drapes, behind the photographer, is it a paranormal phenomena I might call "drapery man", or is it just a few people standing there and no drapery :) :)

I also like the sink in the middle pic
Not sure why exactly, just looks handy

Maybe they are hiding because they dont have a ticket? :D :D Probobly just tech or groupies...

Yes sink is cool, looks old from today point of view. I like those details too:
Look at this small amp or whats that?

Lots of chicks. What this girl is doing with Russel, she try to grab something?

This looks cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business