Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peace Sells But Who's Buying ?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:12 am 

Brown Dawn wrote:leave protractor's to the mathematician's Vik - haha!

...end quote...

I've always insisted that guiness dulls the eyesight, BD !
...or perhaps it's just the reading through those thick glass bumpers...
:-D

AH well, I'll be havin' me another ...
;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:09 am 

indeed Vik! - the old crossword puzzle - 6 down and 3 across!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:16 pm 

This came up on my local neighbourhood guitarists' forum ...

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/824722071657836544

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:14 pm 

It is seriously time for the Indonesian Foreign Ministery to wake up and smell the perking coffee, FFS...preferably NOT Indonesian coffee !!

this from AP :

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... 9-22-26-48

Indonesian Foreign Ministry spokesman Armanatha Nasir :

"It is wrong to associate radicalism and terrorism with a particular religion," Nasir said in a statement. "

Oh, really?   Name ONE OTHER RELIGION besides ISLAM currently engaged in global terrorism.   Last time I checked, the Amish have been pretty quiet lately.

"Efforts to combat terrorism must be carried out by ....addressing the root causes of terrorism."

Before you go flapping your gums, I suggest
taking the time to read the jihadist manifesto of the Islamic caliphate, and you'll have your answer to the root cause of terrorism.

jeezes ~ some people

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:15 pm 

the penal law's spring to mind as regard's that stuff - imperialism mixed with religion! - i know some muslim folk and they are lovely people - tr#mp tries to tar thing's with the same brush - i spoke with a bloke today - seem's like his son is getting kicked out of the u.s. - even though he has a green card/ dougherty visa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 pm 

violence up in quebec i just heard - very sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:07 pm 

3.3 million Muslims in the U.S.

The city of Dearborn, Michigan has over 103,000 people, and 45 percent of that population is comprised of Arab Americans, many of whom are Muslim. I know many personally, through past business associations. they are not being kicked out of their country.

Muslims that are not U.S. citizens aren't being kicked out either. If they are it's because their visas are invalid.

Much mis-reporting by the media over Trump's ban ~ which doesn't include 40 nations with Muslim majorities. Not about religion, it's the same countries declared by Obama to have a significant terrorist problem. It's only a
temporary ban anyway.

It is the sovereign right of every nation to decide who they want to let come into their country and who they do not.

Dont believe the global banking-controlled media lies with their agenda of world government they themselves want to control.

The only reporting that can be trusted now is
the two independents : UPI
(United Press International) , and AP (Associated Press) with no ties to corporate media and therefore fact-reporting without the spin and "here, let us interpret that for you" BS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:17 pm 

Agenda and mis-reporting about this minor event being banged out on a five minute cycle by BBc and Sky news.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:44 pm 

indeed - please excuse my naivety! - although this state is sovereign - on paper but that was sold to the likes of the imf, legarde etc - false economics and golden handshakes - dear old enda and may attempting to put a front on - will scotland leave the eu?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:41 am 

Mpc wrote:Agenda and mis-reporting about this minor event being banged out on a five minute cycle by BBc and Sky news.

...end quote...

I noticed that, seems to me to be quite a revealing trend, or pattern,now that it has occurred to me ~ and it is more of an eye opener the closer I look.

more on this shortly...

@BD ~ nativity just may be your advantage here, as globalisation effects your home country in its own unique way, regarding borders, trade, immigration. I don't know whether you happen to consider yourself UKer, or independent Irish, or even
an EUer, or perhaps first and foremost citizen of the world. The latter is utopian in one sense, but highly unrealistic nevertheless as there is no world government which provides us the rights, protections, opportunities for economic advancement, education, etc. which our national sovereignty in fact does, to more or less degree depending upon how well any particular nation's government happens to be functioning at a given time.
The EU lacks primary constitutional framework to underpin it, and political, religious, and ethnic divisions debar single European national identity in lieu of disestablishmentarian governance on an inter-State referendum.

Last edited by vikmarlo on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:34 am 

indeed - 'i repeat myself while under stress' - indicipline - king crimson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:43 am 

following up on edit to my previous post :

The "oligarchy" that exerts   control over the U.S. ~ the six-or-so powerful private-interest groups; 
<military-weapons complex>,
<Wall Street>,
<global-banks>,
<agri-business>, <pharmaceutical-giants>, <media-megafirms a.k.a. ministry of propaganda>

~ are all trying to shut down independent  media, so that they, the Oligarchs can continue to control the explanations of World News.  It's worse than McCarthy-ism and it is directed at President Trump.  First they tried to prevent him from becoming president.  Remember, it was Bill Clinton who first brought in NAFTA and GATT ~ it's the Clintons who are cozy with Wall Street and the banks. It's the Clintons who are entrenched in the political-elite in  America. Trump ran against all of that. Now that Trump is president the <media megafirms> want to try to stymie his presidency.
Trump expressed strong doubts about NATO - this makes him a huge threat to the <military-weapons complex>.  We're talking about an approximately trillion-dollar annual budget for the weapons complex.  President Eisenhower warned over half-a-century ago about the power of the "weapons industrial-complex", as he called it, now it's had another fifty years or so to entrench itself.

No one can trust the New York Times or the Washington Post, and the Oligarchs are losing control of the explanations as more and more people turn to independent news outlets ~ of course with the internet there is an underbelly that is fraught with fake news and unsubstantiated  conspiracy theories.  What many do not understand, however, is the long history and reputation of UPI and AP as independent journalism organisations with integrity and dedication to straight fact-reporting.  UPI and AP are the sources where all the other news outlets get their facts, before they each put their own spin on it and then regurgitate a distorted form of disinformation ~ mixing lies with twisted facts, in order to control the minds of the public.  UPI and AP are not part of the global-banking cartel of world domination that need to control people's minds so that they can get away with their agenda.

I am reminding myself to beware of establishment news agencies and their so-called "investigations" into fake news.
It's one thing to point out the false information, but we need to be wary of any organisations that don't care about facts, only controlling explanations and the minds of the public ~ the very sources of propaganda, which, unlike straight-out fake news, is much more difficult to debunk since it involves a much more sinister manipulation of information than simply boldface lying ( although it includes it's fair share of that as well ).   Those who purport themselves as authorities on factual and unbiased reporting but are in fact themselves arms of the propaganda ministry ~ this a primary example of the pot calling the kettle black.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:21 am 

L8Thorz Vik! - gotta burn some chalk! - 'naivety' - not nativity! - gotta earn me crust for now!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:29 am 

Ah, you threw me with the alternative spelling ~ you meant naïveté !

I understand your word now but unsure of your meaning
!
I don't mean to come off condescending, I guess I may sound it without even realising (?)
:?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:42 am 

indeed Vik - can't do grave accents or cedilla's on me phone - now i'm off to corrupt the young - (mathematically)! - poor guy's!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business