Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: Passport Holders & Concert Give-Away CDs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:43 pm 

...isn't it time to free the music and make the music available to the "general public"? Needless to say I don't have any of these ;-) It's hard enough to accept that one is probably never going to see their favorite band live!

Is there a complete list of these hard-to-find CDs somewhere? These are the ones I know of:

1999 - Hawkwind 1997
2002 - 2nd Annual Christmas Party
2003 - 1st Summer Camp
2004 - Spaced Out In London
2004 - Seasons Greetings
2009 - 40th Anniversary
2014 - Space Preview

...what did I miss? Maybe it's time for a box-set..."The Passport Years" ;-)

The least I could probably do is to get my lazy butt up and go take some passport pictures haha!

Post subject: Re: Passport Holders & Concert Give-Away CDs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 pm 

...also, whatever happend to the Cherry Red exclusive first run-through of Assault & Battery/The Golden Void mp3 that came with the pre-order of the Warrior box-set? Never heard anything about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:03 am 

Uncle Meat wrote:...also, whatever happend to the Cherry Red exclusive first run-through of Assault & Battery/The Golden Void mp3 that came with the pre-order of the Warrior box-set? Never heard anything about it.

Excellent question!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:31 am 

Just to be clear: I didn't want to imply I never received it from Cherry Red (as I bought the box elsewhere), I just can't remember anyone talking about it - though my memory IS getting worse each year...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:39 am 

Highscores: 4
I bought the vinyl/cd boxset and it came with a download coupon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:39 pm 

1999 - Hawkwind 1997 - Got!
2002 - 2nd Annual Christmas Party - Got!
2003 - 1st Summer Camp - Nope
2004 - Spaced Out In London - Holding am ahem, "Back Up Copy", for a Forum Member! :D
2004 - Seasons Greetings - Got!
2009 - 40th Anniversary - Got!
2014 - Space Preview - Nope.

Really do wish they would reissue 1997 so many people would like that one, one of the few (only?) offcial recording of that era. I would say no to an proper copy of Spaced Out In London. I refuse to pay silly money on Epay. Alan Davey was auctioning of box he found a few years back, would have been nice if he sold them for a £10 a go mind you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:23 pm 

Uncle Meat wrote:...also, whatever happend to the Cherry Red exclusive first run-through of Assault & Battery/The Golden Void mp3 that came with the pre-order of the Warrior box-set? Never heard anything about it.

*cough* I was hinting... *cough*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:31 pm 

I would be nice to get the outstanding ones either released or in flac format.

I thankfully do have physical copies of Spaced Out In London, Season's Greetings, 40th Anniversary and Space Preview, plus one of the early EPs listed (somewhere... can't remember which, it has a Huwie track on it and I think an Alan Davey one), but would desperately love a flac version of the live 1997 album. That one is pretty much impossible to get hold of, and for some reason there doesn't seem to be much intension of rereleasing it.

Board index » Test category 1 » Albums + DVD\'s Videos etc