Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post subject: No Hawkfest 2011?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 pm 

As it seems there is not going to be a Hawkfest 2011 could the Band tell us if they are going to be making any appearances at any other Festivals in the UK this year? :( :( :(

Post subject: Re: No Hawkfest 2011?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm 

Nooo.. Last year was my first Hawkfest and it was awesome, was really looking forward to something this year. I have about 8 friends that all want to come too. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:33 pm 

Me guesses there"ll be one this year but maybe a little late coming cos of the bands commitments with being overseas etc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 pm 

From the chats I had with some of the crew on the ferry on the way over and since, it was such hard work organising it all (if you think sorting ferries etc. for yourself,family & camping equipment, think what it's like to get all that main festival equipment over there) that it loked almost certain to not be on this year.

Fingers crossed for next year though

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:50 am 

Ethereal Nige wrote:From the chats I had with some of the crew on the ferry on the way over and since, it was such hard work organising it all (if you think sorting ferries etc. for yourself,family & camping equipment, think what it's like to get all that main festival equipment over there) that it loked almost certain to not be on this year.

Sure organising it wherever it is is gonna be a trek (and I'm grateful to the crew for it), but are you saying another fest on the Isle of Wight could be on the cards? I thought it was a one-off? If not that's the best news I've heard in months, that place is awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 pm 

Suction Man wrote:
Ethereal Nige wrote:From the chats I had with some of the crew on the ferry on the way over and since, it was such hard work organising it all (if you think sorting ferries etc. for yourself,family & camping equipment, think what it's like to get all that main festival equipment over there) that it loked almost certain to not be on this year.

Sure organising it wherever it is is gonna be a trek (and I'm grateful to the crew for it), but are you saying another fest on the Isle of Wight could be on the cards? I thought it was a one-off? If not that's the best news I've heard in months, that place is awesome.

I pretty sure that another on the Isle of Wight is not going to happen. I was just saying anywhere (in UK) for next year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 pm 

Wherever it is, whenever it is, me and mrs me will be there!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:43 am 

Isle of Wight will be a no no. They got to do that on that site as it was a one off. I spoke to Dave at that festival and from the way he was speaking there won't be a Hawkfest this year. But then, the Japan tour didn't happen due to the problems over there and there has not been any mention of the Greece holiday that was spoken of so i've got my fingers crossed that they do something last minute. Just hope I can get the time off for it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am 

They could always try doing one in Holland which would be excellent. Just think about it, go to Amsterdam for a day or 2 then a Hawkfest. I'd be surprised (pleasantly of course) if it happens but one can but dream.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:34 pm 

Location: Kent, UK, in an unfashionable spiral arm of the galaxy
They seem to follow every 2 years now, which is fine. The pattern also now seems to fall into 'special occassion' festies as well now: Dave & Kris's Wedding, end of 40th/IoW anniversary, etc.

I must be normal........

I must be normal........

Last edited by Jimski on Tue May 03, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:10 pm 

Every other year suits me to be honest - it's not like there's a total lack of UK gigs in the summer anyway! Hawkfest one year, few dates around the country the next. Keeps everyone happy!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:14 am 

It's the uncertainty that's the problem....at least for those who need to book time off work and whatever else.
If there's going to be no festival then it would be nice to 'know' that there's going to be no festival so other plans can be made.

However, as i don't work i'm still up for it this year, so.....

Board index » Test category 1 » Hawkfest