Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register and join our community today

When posting to this forum you agree to the following conditions

a-
you shall not use the Sites or the Interactive Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm this forum or any third party computer system.

b -
In view of the vast flow of information transmitted via this forum each day, it is not technically possible nor economically feasible to monitor all materials that pass through the system (including, without limitation, all views and/or comments therein). Hawkwind believes that the onus for ensuring that material presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. Notwithstanding, Hawkwind shall have the right to remove any items it believes may be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Motorhead
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:19 pm 

Great pics, Black Adder! :-D

...that one of Lemmy with Sid and Nancy
is about as priceless as can be!

it almost...almost ... looks as if Sid
was starting to pull a grin...
....eh...maybe not....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:20 pm 

Yes that one is goood. The one from concert photo i mistery to me where Brian Robertson 'sing'??

This one is cool too:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 am 

xdahd.jpg
xdahd.jpg [ 92.52 KiB | Viewed 405 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:57 am 

a2002677-59ae-4410-96ef-af0afbe49c51.jpg
a2002677-59ae-4410-96ef-af0afbe49c51.jpg [ 175.35 KiB | Viewed 398 times ]

xlgrx.jpg
xlgrx.jpg [ 45.04 KiB | Viewed 398 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:43 pm 

indeed - sometime people leave - massive legacyy - bless you Lemmy - un beknown to themselve's possibly _ i'm orgoned r.i. p dude - paradise isn't quite lost yet!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:15 am 

Lemmy.jpg
Lemmy.jpg [ 35.31 KiB | Viewed 296 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:34 pm 

MURDER ONE!!!!

MURDER [email protected] ONE!!!

(I managed to be on this forum just enough to notice people had mentioned latest Metallica)

But I listened yesterday on the suggestion of an old friend, and I would say if there are any what I would call "1st wave" fans like myself, it really must be heard, it's a head turner.

and this on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uI_e3NQiI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:49 pm 

oops just now watching this video version and it's for all of us!!

the gospel according to the IEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mkq6GFLIsk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:19 pm 

and a tacky question I've been wanting to ask:

has anyone ever heard Lemmy speak about "ice" ?

ps- @Blackadder

Shame on you flaunting the one Motorhead wax I WANT and CRAVE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:01 am 

Oi Mike! :)

Some pics here. I don't know if he ever talked about 'ice'.

Which wax (record) you want and crave? 'Welcome to the bear trap'? :)

Oh, I saw now this Metallica stuff. I dislike it. I never swallow their music or any similar like them. Any connection Motorhead to metal is annoying to me. Always remember poor Lemmy fighting against that even in last interview two weeks before he died. Woman asked him: "So how you feel to be godfather of metal?". Reply: "Its rediculous. Means nothing. We are not metal,we are rnr, always been".

Lemmy liked to help and play to all genres, he wanted all genres on his concerts too but the problem was on not respecting Lemmy or history facts, people believe msic industry propaganda how they showed what motorhead is. Problem with metal fans is when they likes someone or have idol, they are saying you are metal. Lemmy wanted to be cool with everyone, but he thought they will respect the fact that he is rnr and not metal, those metal fans and music industry ignore that and trying in every or almost every interview with very rude and agressive aproach to force him to be metal. This agresive aproach is playing stupid, asking him all the time questions like "are you proud to be godfather of metal" or similar to that. Thats very rude, its like psychological harresment all the time, like you live with people who are religios, and you dont like religion, and they are ignore that and behave toward you like you believe in god. Its disgusting realy.

I would like that all this metal fans forget about Lemmy and Motorhead than I would be happy. Motorhead were victims of music industry propaganda. And people metal fans and masses like any other masses, stupid, under influence of media propaganda. They listen media and so called critics who works for industry and not Lemmy who is so called their idol? How stupid is that? Music industry lie about genres, bands etc.... they only see how can brain wash people to sell product.. all in all Lemmy hated them all this bussiness part..

Thats why I only accept pre-motorhead era: Hawkwind, Pink Fairies, The Deviants, Sam Gopal, Rockin Vickers. And The Head Cat. Thats true connection, everything else not. Everything else is just bussiness.

PS I don't care about Metallica or that genre, they mean nothing to me, good or bad. Only I am one of those fans I don't like Motorhead to be connected to them at all. Good thing is Lemmy covered many songs from many bands and two from Metallica, those were not on Motorhead albums. One it was on only US release as bonus track in 2004 but that was it. They covered much more rnr and blues songs which were not as bonus tracks, they were on album track list. Thats good massage. Lemmy appriciate Metallica liked Motorhead but didnt want to be to much connected with those kind of bands. I like when I see Lemmy on photo with Chuck Berry, you know how Lemmy looks at him he is so happy. You know? And some other musicans like Chuck, that behavior of Lemmy talks for it self. Unfortunately, metal fans dont know shit about all this. I saw comments from them like: "Who is Hawkwind?", "Who is Rockin Vickers?" etc.... some dude even ask "Who is Lemmy?" :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:27 am 

[quote="black adder"]Oi Mike! :)

Some pics here. I don't know if he ever talked about 'ice'.

BECAUSE I FIND IT JUST ABOUT IMPOSSIBLE TO THINK THAT A ROCK STAR LIKE (ESPECIALLY) HIM, COULD, IN FACT, HAVE "TRAGICALLY" DIED "PREMATURELY" :) :)

Which wax (record) you want and crave? 'Welcome to the bear trap'? :)

THE CANADIAN OP

You "BASTARD"

Mine will need to be minimum NM/NM.
At least the vinyl itself and jacket a strong EX

I recall when "Bear Trap" came out....I was slightly annoyed by it but now I like it better than ever conceptually-visually and at least I have a CD and a pair of reading glasses so I might be able to see something next time I peep IT :)

Last edited by mike coleman on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:31 am 

I like the Hawkwind hotrod in the vid.
I think it is a superb send-off by Metallica

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 am 

Ohh I see :) Its Canadian OP :D

Yes. The Bear Trap is actualy cool track list if some want to hear 1979 - 1984 era.

I remember new people who wanted to learn about Motorhead. What recommend to hear first? It was so difficult for me because I wanted to show them all, because everything is connected, like TV show, albums are like episodes. If you recommend Bear trap, than you will wanted them to hear On Parole and Motorhead album first, if you give them those, most of the songs on them are from Hawkwind, Fairies, Larry, than they need to hear those, than if they hear those you want show them roots with Gopal and Vickers, even Deviants (because of Fairies). Than I just stoped. I told them the best thing is to hear music history like was realy happened, from Vickers, to Gopal, to fairies and hawkwind, than On Parole and Motorhead album, than you can here Bear Trap.

They were just: "hmm, ok". :lol:

Because I know how people works. I had same problem too. I was listening one band which was rock band but before they played psychedelic underground stuff but I didnt know that. So I was 14 or something and listening those rock albums had picture inside my head "ok they are band like that", than later when I heard psychedelic stuff from them I was dissapointed, because my picture inside my head about them was destroyed. In those time I was not in psychedelic. So this is the same situation about Motorhead, thats why most metal fans doesnt understand. They first heard "Sacrifice", or "Iron Fist", so they thought ok, so this is band like that, than music industry started about metal shit and they made inside their head motorhead is metal. Then people like me came, and told them many other historical info, Lemmy talks, everything, and they were disapointed because they are metal fans and they picturee about Motorhead is not the same anymore.

Some fans wants to live in fantasy, much more people dont know people like me so they dont know all facts, so believe all this media talk etc....

Point was of all this, how to show new fans real picture of motorhead? Only way is like I said, chronology, from Vickers til year 2015. Plus interviews, song lyrics etc... All of them said to me: "I never thought that Motorhead is band like that, on tv they are saying totaly different things, Lemmy is right, they are rnr." Than: "Thank you for showing me Motorhead like this in real light". They were all amazed by Motorhead, before they thought because of media, that Motorhead is some teen metal band like maiden or metallica....

So that is "problem" with Motorhead, its all connnected and there aare many albums to hear, many people dont know aboout those material, many dont have time or nerves to listen all etc... But if people would learn about band on this way, I am sure most of them would stop this metal nonsense.

Last edited by black adder on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:01 am 

By the way if I see Canadian OP I will send you link.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 am 

black adder wrote:By the way if I see Canadian OP I will send you link.

It would be GREAT if you keep an eye out for me, thank you.

I got a slight kick out of this guy's spastic enthusiasm, but could not disagree more about Orgasmatron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRgDJ5yQhUA

ORGASMATRON might even be my second fave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Test category 1 » Any Other Business